Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

heard uuj beat cross tonight by around ten points in a friendly

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Armamike on January 23, 2009, 10:54:10 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 01:15:42 PM
3 or 4 still small number of starters fro Cross, which says a lot.

There was never really any more than 3 starters from Cross at any time.

Oisin, Francie and John McEntee in 2002. Possibly only Oisin and John were regular starters in 1999 / 2000 before Francie came onto the panel?

Just got out the programme from the 2000 semi final there - 2 McEntees and Oisin starting from Cross. Marsden wasnt playing according to the programme. Assume he was injured. Does anybody remember if he came on?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armamike

Marsden played in both semis against Kerry. He came on as a sub the first day i think, if i remember he was carrying an ankle injury from the Ulster semi against Fermanagh. 

Cross always had plenty of men about the panel the past 10 years but never more than 3/4 starters.
That's just, like your opinion man.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: nearlymad on January 23, 2009, 10:46:44 PM
Quote from: mackers on January 23, 2009, 01:43:36 PM
I hear Justin McNulty is to be the new Ogs manager.
You'll find that Brendan Hughes,part of previous County Minor Managements, is the new Ogs Manager for '09.

yes, and all the best to him.  now we can get our season underway.

ogshead

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 24, 2009, 08:21:33 AM
Quote from: nearlymad on January 23, 2009, 10:46:44 PM
Quote from: mackers on January 23, 2009, 01:43:36 PM
I hear Justin McNulty is to be the new Ogs manager.
You'll find that Brendan Hughes,part of previous County Minor Managements, is the new Ogs Manager for '09.

yes, and all the best to him.  now we can get our season underway.

I'd like to wish him luck as well!! It'll be tough but a fresh approach maybe what we need this year!!

Skiddybadoo

Does anyone know when the National League squad is to be announced and have a status report on the injury front?

Skiddybadoo

Do the Ogs feel they had to copy the Harps and get a Hughes on board?  ;D

winsamsoon

Just for anyone who has any doubts on the matter i ve played against the Dromintee and the Cross defence and the difference is day and night. Cross are far superior both in terms of strength and organisation.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

subkeeper

The provisional date for the killeavy sevens has been set for Sat 4th April.

This date will be confirmed over the next week or so when the invitations will be sent out to the clubs.

We also plan to extend the number of teams in this year competition.

Any feedback on last year's event will be gratefully received.

Any info you want on the competition just ask and I will try to respond.

Redhandfan

I wonder if Armagh supporters realise that their up-and-coming full back Brendan Donaghy is a man with other hidden talents.  I went along to see a play in Clonmore Hall on Thursday night past and, much to my great surprise, I realised that this Donaghy lad is equally at home on the stage as he is on the football field.  

Fair play to the fella....I don't know many other county players who would agree to take part in a local production while coping with the demands of inter-county football.  Proceeds from the play were in aid of the Clonmore club who are in the process of building new changing rooms.

Just for the record, Donaghy didn't fluff any of his lines and gave an assured performance on stage.....Armagh fans will be hoping that Hollywood don't come knocking on the door any time soon for their new star defender!

Orior

Quote from: Redhandfan on January 25, 2009, 11:32:44 PM
I wonder if Armagh supporters realise that their up-and-coming full back Brendan Donaghy is a man with other hidden talents.  I went along to see a play in Clonmore Hall on Thursday night past and, much to my great surprise, I realised that this Donaghy lad is equally at home on the stage as he is on the football field.  

Fair play to the fella....I don't know many other county players who would agree to take part in a local production while coping with the demands of inter-county football.  Proceeds from the play were in aid of the Clonmore club who are in the process of building new changing rooms.

Just for the record, Donaghy didn't fluff any of his lines and gave an assured performance on stage.....Armagh fans will be hoping that Hollywood don't come knocking on the door any time soon for their new star defender!

Sounds like a High School Musical storyline.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 25, 2009, 08:42:25 PM
Just for anyone who has any doubts on the matter i ve played against the Dromintee and the Cross defence and the difference is day and night. Cross are far superior both in terms of strength and organisation.

Yes that is right. The game you played aginst the two tams makes you the authority on it.

winsamsoon

no corn i never said it was one game it has been several over the course of ten years. Oh and that is my opinion on it corn not an authority but a mere opinion. The years we played against Dromintee in the championship in particular we were able to score freely at times( we never won the game) but as you say the team mainly consists of three areas and perhaps our own defence wasn't up to scratch. We would never have got scoring against cross so easliy you saw that in the 06 final were we found it very difficult to penetrate them (as so many have before) and again this year when the demolished us at Cruppen. The defence Cross have could easily do a job at county level in the national league for example. I wouldn't share the same optimism for Dromintees defence or any other team in Armagh.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Just done a qucik check there.

We have played Cross nine twimes in the Championship in the last eight years - L8 D1 W0.  :-\ But, taking into acocunt a few years when Cross have outclassed us, their scoring average is under 13 pioints - not great for an attacking unit such as them.

Aghdavoyle

In which championship game did clans "score freely" against dromintee?

Only cross have scored "heavily" against dromintee in the championship - relatively speaking - and i think the most they've scored is about 1-10?. not many other teams would have scored into double figures against dromintee in the last 5 years