Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2009, 04:50:12 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 22, 2009, 04:05:54 PM
Guys I don't know where yous are getting Toner at FB from. McDonnell has never played him in there from what I can remember, not even when they were with the U21s. On the other hand McDonnell has nearly always played Donaghy at FB. Its a no-brainer for me what way it'll work out- Donaghy at FB, Toner at midfield if they both play.

He has played FB at U21, in fact did he not start at FB last year v Donegal in Ballybofey and move out to MF or vice versa?  I think his lack of pace could be exposed at FB(or CHB) moreso than at MF, but I really do think a fit David McKenna will start v Tyrone and Toner will be in the mix somewhere.

Pretty sure he started full back against Derry in Casement, struggled I think if I can rememeber.

gander

I'm nearly sure he played CHB for the U21s, he was always named at FB for some reason but switched with Donaghy at the start. 

AFS

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2009, 04:50:12 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 22, 2009, 04:05:54 PM
Guys I don't know where yous are getting Toner at FB from. McDonnell has never played him in there from what I can remember, not even when they were with the U21s. On the other hand McDonnell has nearly always played Donaghy at FB. Its a no-brainer for me what way it'll work out- Donaghy at FB, Toner at midfield if they both play.

He has played FB at U21, in fact did he not start at FB last year v Donegal in Ballybofey and move out to MF or vice versa?  I think his lack of pace could be exposed at FB(or CHB) moreso than at MF, but I really do think a fit David McKenna will start v Tyrone and Toner will be in the mix somewhere.

Pretty sure he started full back against Derry in Casement, struggled I think if I can rememeber.

Who are we talking about here, Toner or Donaghy? I'm on about Toner, sounds like you guys are on about Donaghy  ???

bennydorano

i was talking about toner anyway.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2009, 05:29:01 PM

Donaghy was full back against Donegal in Ballybofey.

Goats Do Shave

Toner started Centre back for the U21s in the Ulster final (Last time they won...) in Omagh. James Lavery & Paul COurtney started midfield, with Charlie in wing forward.

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 23, 2009, 07:56:49 AM
Toner started Centre back for the U21s in the Ulster final (Last time they won...) in Omagh. James Lavery & Paul COurtney started midfield, with Charlie in wing forward.

But I think Toner started full-back against Derry in the semi. He was ran ragged by someone, who now casting my mind back, could have been one Enda Lynn?

corn02

Vernon getting some praise off our neighbours, our midfield answer.

Congrats to my fellow clubman Aidan O'Rourke, who seems to be doing a great job.

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 22, 2009, 08:47:32 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2009, 05:29:01 PM

Donaghy was full back against Donegal in Ballybofey.
I was talking about the U21 championship last year.

mackers

I hear Justin McNulty is to be the new Ogs manager.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bubbles

ogs management has not been chosen yet for this forthcoming year. this is a committee decision although i have heard that he is one of the candidates

Hank Everlast

are they not deciding the nite?

AFS

Guys, anyone hear any word on the injury that Joe Feeney picked up the other night? It would be a pity if it was serious, he'd be due a few league run outs if he's fit.

Armamike

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 01:15:42 PM
3 or 4 still small number of starters fro Cross, which says a lot.

There was never really any more than 3 starters from Cross at any time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: AFS on January 23, 2009, 10:12:11 PM
Guys, anyone hear any word on the injury that Joe Feeney picked up the other night? It would be a pity if it was serious, he'd be due a few league run outs if he's fit.

from what i hear it not that serious. dont think anythings broke, hurt nerves in his shoulder i think!!
Ard Mhacha Abu