Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

nutsy--1

Anybody at Healy Park last night?? Heard Feeney got an injury any news?

fitzroyalty

From the sound of things the Armagh c/b would need to put on quadruple headers to get even half the crowds at the Derry games. The Championships are too predictable (especially SFC) and need changed, partly to try and stop Cross' dominance  :P but also to inject a bit of life back into them.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: nutsy--1 on January 22, 2009, 12:08:44 PM
Anybody at Healy Park last night?? Heard Feeney got an injury any news?

Looked like he hurt his collar bone / shoulder to me... though someone said they thought it was wrist/arm...

corn02

The blue jumper is surprisingly very nice.

SidelineKick

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 12:41:54 PM

You wouldn't like blue at all corn  ;)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

corn02

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 12:43:27 PM

No, no you know I hate blue!

brokencrossbar1

So far how many of the new players being tried out might make the jump.  Obviously you will have at least 7 Cross players to come back to the squad, but what other players will make it.  I have to say I am glad to see McClelland getting back as I remember him from minors and thought he was a class act, Henderson and Toal seem like they could be good additions.  Who else?

SidelineKick

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 12:48:16 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 12:43:27 PM

No, no you know I hate blue!

Apart from your blue-tinted glasses of course  :o
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 22, 2009, 12:49:47 PM
So far how many of the new players being tried out might make the jump.  Obviously you will have at least 7 Cross players to come back to the squad, but what other players will make it.  I have to say I am glad to see McClelland getting back as I remember him from minors and thought he was a class act, Henderson and Toal seem like they could be good additions.  Who else?

Ehh hard to know one of the keepers obviously, hopefully McEvoy.
Martin will probably be close.
Kevin O Rourke has impressed.
Henderson as well.
Not sure who else.

I would imagine this will be the lowest Cross representation on an Armagh first 15 in many a year come Championship. Not a dig because obviosuly they have fabulous players, but not many will make the first 15 I wouldn't think.

AK one of the first on the team sheet, Donaghy will battle with Bellew, Mallon will battle with Sk. On the flip side, I think McKeown could nail down a Championship spot.

corn02

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2009, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 22, 2009, 12:49:47 PM

Ehh hard to know one of the keepers obviously, hopefully McEvoy.
Martin will probably be close.
Kevin O Rourke has impressed.
Henderson as well.
Not sure who else.

I would imagine this will be the lowest Cross representation on an Armagh first 15 in many a year come Championship. Not a dig because obviosuly they have fabulous players, but not many will make the first 15 I wouldn't think.

AK one of the first on the team sheet, Donaghy will battle with Bellew, Mallon will battle with Sk. On the flip side, I think McKeown could nail down a Championship spot.

I would dispute that.  I think you'll have Paul Hearty, AK guaranteed, I would rate Paul McKeown higher than Finn Moriarty.  He is a better footballer and certainly quicker.  He should be corner back with Mallon in the other.  Francie might struggle against Donaghy, I agree.  With no one standing out as a midfield partner for McGrane I thing David Mckenna has a big shout here.  Mallon and SK I think will both start along with MOR in the Half forward line.

full back

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 22, 2009, 01:05:48 PM
I would rate Paul McKeown higher than Finn Moriarty.  He is a better footballer and certainly quicker.  

Agree with that bc