Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Players who perform well consistently for their club deserve a shot at county opinion imho.

could some of you guys describe the circumstances of the last "great" (relatively speaking) game peader toal had?

bennydorano

He hasn't played football for a year and a half or more The GAA ::)  Last County game I can think of was v Fermanagh was it McKenna cup, '07? Got 0-3 or 0-5 and rave reviews.  Regular good performer for Harps when there.

Off The Fence

Thats grand then and the lad is a good footballer but should he not then be play/ performing with his club first before he plays with his county?

The GAA

Agreed OFT. i've never seen him do much for harps either. swift, McKinney and quigley have been a much more consistently good performers any time i've seen them. the likes of feeney, henderson and martin have been consistently excellent for their clubs and have earned a county shot.

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2009, 03:08:29 PM
Cant remember, Dromintee gave us a few beatens in the championship a while back, doubt anyone covered themselves in glory, but I cant recall Peadar ever being taking off ( barring injury or going to snout someone).

No never taken off. That day Shannon did contain him very well, but Toal took the second half penalty, saved by McEvoy.

Legs11

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 17, 2009, 12:28:55 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 12:23:46 PM
Quote from: full back on January 17, 2009, 12:19:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 11:54:47 AM
QuoteBit of upheavel in your club pints?
What makes you think that?

Is there any truth in it?
I'm not being awkward or smart but truth in what exactly? What's been said?

Had a quick scan through your posts Pints and you were saying about it a couple of days back and before that a couple of weeks back so technically I was correct. Anyway that's neither here nor there.

The story is that the Bridge is divided into two factions. Can't remember all the names I heard but one side would be names I'd have associated with Silverbridge for years, the other I'd never heard of much though that wouldn't mean they hadn't also been involved with the club a long time. Apparently one side had thought they had enough votes to take control at the AGM but a crowd of people came in at the last minute which affected the votes and there's dispute over whether everybody who voted actually was a club member. I'm not that well versed with the details of what happened, who is in control now or the history but it sounds a messy enough business.

only one faction tac and its made up of the two managers from last year..they like stiring trouble...you know wat i mean

bennydorano

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 19, 2009, 04:08:51 PM
Thats grand then and the lad is a good footballer but should he not then be play/ performing with his club first before he plays with his county?
You'll get no arguments from me there.  I wouldn't give a sh1te if ever played county football again if he was committed to playing for Harps.  

He's there because McDonnell knows him first hand from his Harps days, and knows the talent the lad has and what he is capable of.

winsamsoon

I don't know the lad personally but it seems from reading some of the posts that he will only play for Armagh when he can be bothered. To all reports he does the same with his club. Now i know of a lot of young lads who would give their right arm for a shot at the county, even in the Mc Kenna cup. I would much rather have lads that are interested and fully committed than have a guy who only shows up or shows an interest when it suits his agenda.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 19, 2009, 06:00:04 PM
I don't know the lad personally but it seems from reading some of the posts that he will only play for Armagh when he can be bothered. To all reports he does the same with his club. Now i know of a lot of young lads who would give their right arm for a shot at the county, even in the Mc Kenna cup. I would much rather have lads that are interested and fully committed than have a guy who only shows up or shows an interest when it suits his agenda.

Unfair yet again. People are jumping to a lot of conclusions on this thread about a fellah who hardly any of us, bar the Harps posters, know much about. If he only trains when it suits him he 'll be turfed out of the panel, simple as.Give the man a chance.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 19, 2009, 09:16:34 AM
Quote from: full back on January 17, 2009, 12:34:05 PM
Similar to TAC
That there is a problem after the AGM with certain people's votes, about who was in and who wasnt
Cant end well

Problems just dont stop at AGM and the votes as far as im aware, also Pints hear from very reliable source that John rafferty was appointed but not sanctioned by the committee - on hearing this Rafferty got out quick
Completely untrue, I'd question how reliable that source is if I were you.

legs
only one faction tac and its made up of the two managers from last year..they like stiring trouble...you know wat i mean
What are you talking about?  A blatant lie against two men who's only crime, in your eyes, was to substitute Ciaran Conlon in a game two years ago.  ::)  Get over it ffs.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Candyman

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2009, 04:03:58 PM
He hasn't played football for a year and a half or more The GAA ::)  Last County game I can think of was v Fermanagh was it McKenna cup, '07? Got 0-3 or 0-5 and rave reviews.  Regular good performer for Harps when there.

Match was in Enniskillen, he scored 4 points IIRC? 2 from each side which were all 30+yards out and 2 of which were monster efforts.....

Legs11

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 19, 2009, 06:49:49 PM
Quote from: holylandsniper on January 19, 2009, 09:16:34 AM
Quote from: full back on January 17, 2009, 12:34:05 PM
Similar to TAC
That there is a problem after the AGM with certain people's votes, about who was in and who wasnt
Cant end well

Problems just dont stop at AGM and the votes as far as im aware, also Pints hear from very reliable source that John rafferty was appointed but not sanctioned by the committee - on hearing this Rafferty got out quick
Completely untrue, I'd question how reliable that source is if I were you.

legs
What are you talking about?  A blatant lie against two men who's only crime, in your eyes, was to substitute conlon in a game two years ago.  ::)  Get over it ffs.
pints did a certain ex manager chair the meetin 2weeks ago... y bring Ciaran Conlon in 2 this his only crime is that he is a good footballer and the bridge need him.. and for you 2 tell me the get over it ???ur the one never shuts up bout cross this cullyhanna tat

charlie stubbs

what is the story with conlon now?is he still togging out for that team in the dundalk??bridge could give the intermediate a real rattle this year imo if they can get him on board. wouldnt fear culloville terrible defence, newtown and i would imagine sarsfields will be struggling at the bttom of division 1 and low on confidence and have a very tricky derby in the 1st round against st.pauls..

Legs11

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 19, 2009, 09:03:11 PM
what is the story with conlon now?is he still togging out for that team in the dundalk??bridge could give the intermediate a real rattle this year imo if they can get him on board. wouldnt fear culloville terrible defence, newtown and i would imagine sarsfields will be struggling at the bttom of division 1 and low on confidence and have a very tricky derby in the 1st round against st.pauls..
bridge mite struggle with 7 of the startin 15 away to oz..hopefully mite be back for colmore match.dont really know much bout ciaran but bridge would have a better chance with him dont think he will be playin in dundalk this year..think culloville have few boys quit and away the oz as well so they will struggle dont see much comin through ther eat the min..

Off The Fence

From armagh.gaa.ie

2009 Armagh Championship Dates & Venues       
2009 Lucozade Sport Senior Football Championship

1st Round

Ballymacnab v Harps - 14th August - Athletic Grounds - 7pm

Killeavey v St Patrick's - 14th August - Carrickcruppin - 7pm

Granemore v Dromintee -15th August - Silverbridge - 7pm

Tir na nÓg v Crossmalen  - 15th August - Athletic Grounds - 7pm

Maghery v Whitecross  - 16th August - Athletic Grounds - 2pm

Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn - 16th August - Athletic Grounds - 3.45pm

Pearse Og v Carrickcruppen - 16th August - Ballymacnab - 7pm