Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holylandsniper

Quote from: corn02 on January 19, 2009, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2009, 09:33:39 AM
Harsh on Peadar Toal considering it was his first competitive GAA match for club or county in well over a year.

And, of course, the fact that he hardly touched the ball could also be attributed to the ball not coming near him.

Think IMO the fact it hadn't trained and was only back to squad had a bearing on the situation, i feel also a factor in Peter McDonnells selection policy - how a lad that's only back can get straight onto squad and get on for a half is strange.  Seems it could be just to keep him happy and make him come back - if that's the case its poor management.

Goats Do Shave

There aren't too many players in the county with more ability than him.

It's good that he's involved!

corn02

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 19, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
Harsh on Peadar Toal considering it was his first competitive GAA match for club or county in well over a year.

And, of course, the fact that he hardly touched the ball could also be attributed to the ball not coming near him.

Think IMO the fact it hadn't trained and was only back to squad had a bearing on the situation, i feel also a factor in Peter McDonnells selection policy - how a lad that's only back can get straight onto squad and get on for a half is strange.  Seems it could be just to keep him happy and make him come back - if that's the case its poor management.

It's McKenna Cup, would it not be starnger to try him out in the league untested?

holylandsniper

Quote from: corn02 on January 19, 2009, 12:06:37 PM
Quote from: holylandsniper on January 19, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Think IMO the fact it hadn’t trained and was only back to squad had a bearing on the situation, i feel also a factor in Peter McDonnells selection policy - how a lad that’s only back can get straight onto squad and get on for a half is strange.  Seems it could be just to keep him happy and make him come back - if that’s the case its poor management.

It's McKenna Cup, would it not be starnger to try him out in the league untested?

Well if its committment is to go play soccer and be unavialble for McKenna Cup games id have him nowere.  Interesting to see will he feature much in League - can potentially be a great talent - though i think its a big IF

harps folk, will he be back playing club football too all this year?

The GAA

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 19, 2009, 11:50:34 AM

what are you basing that on?

any of these stories i've heard have turned out to be fairy tales when i've seen him play.

corn02

Half the Armagh team player soccer in the off season. We don't even know for certain if he went to the Crewe trial. Give hima fair chance instead of deriding him based on rumours and possibilities.

bennydorano

Peader's back with the Harps.  The more football he can get the better.

Happened to be speaking with an Armagh City man last week who said the Crewe story was a story.  City no longer paying their players either, big financial diffs.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The GAA on January 19, 2009, 01:11:08 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 19, 2009, 11:50:34 AM

what are you basing that on?

any of these stories i've heard have turned out to be fairy tales when i've seen him play.

I've known the lad since he was 13/14...

umgolaarmagh

THE GAA

you could probably base it on the league and championship of 2008,2007,2006,2005

Off The Fence

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on January 19, 2009, 02:38:23 PM
THE GAA

you could probably base it on the league and championship of 2008,2007,2006,2005

Correct me if I am wrong now.  I go to a fair few championship games around the country and I do my best to get to alot of the Armagh games.  Did Dromintee play Harps in Cruppen one year and was Toal not taking off at half time or something? Dont think he got much change out of young Shannon that day if memory serves me right?

bennydorano

Cant remember, Dromintee gave us a few beatens in the championship a while back, doubt anyone covered themselves in glory, but I cant recall Peadar ever being taking off ( barring injury or going to snout someone).

The GAA

again, i'm not getting on the lads case but any time i've seen him for club, and particularly county, in the last 4 years he's been very disappointing.

Off The Fence

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2009, 03:08:29 PM
Cant remember, Dromintee gave us a few beatens in the championship a while back, doubt anyone covered themselves in glory, but I cant recall Peadar ever being taking off ( barring injury or going to snout someone).

No problem, my mistake!

I presume the panel will not be cut until Crossmaglen are out of the Championship or will there be a few surplus to requirements for the NFL when the seasoned players and college players come back into the frame?

rootthemout

the gaa,you must have seen some great forwards in armagh if you dont rate toal,maybe you could tell us who the county should be picking.have seen toal play and has in my opinion natural talent and could be the half forward that armagh have been missing to score in games.

judas1

Quote from: The GAA on January 19, 2009, 11:12:36 AM

Toal was playing in the full forward line. i'm not trying to get on the lad's case but i have to say that i was angered watching, what appeared to me, his total lack of appetite for the game.
there wasnt to many players with an appetite on saturday night, from what i could see.