Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteThat and you've been giving off about Republicans supposedly trying to take over clubs for weeks now.
What? Ive agreed with "The GAA" in one thread about a fortnight ago, when have I been "giving off" for weeks?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 12:17:09 PM
QuoteThat and you've been giving off about Republicans supposedly trying to take over clubs for weeks now.
What? Ive agreed with "The GAA" in one thread about a fortnight ago, when have I been "giving off" for weeks?

Well I thought I'd seen it more than once. Fair enough.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 11:54:47 AM
QuoteBit of upheavel in your club pints?
What makes you think that?

Is there any truth in it?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on January 17, 2009, 12:19:50 PM

I'm not being awkward or smart but truth in what exactly? What's been said?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 12:23:46 PM
Quote from: full back on January 17, 2009, 12:19:50 PM

I'm not being awkward or smart but truth in what exactly? What's been said?

Had a quick scan through your posts Pints and you were saying about it a couple of days back and before that a couple of weeks back so technically I was correct. Anyway that's neither here nor there.

The story is that the Bridge is divided into two factions. Can't remember all the names I heard but one side would be names I'd have associated with Silverbridge for years, the other I'd never heard of much though that wouldn't mean they hadn't also been involved with the club a long time. Apparently one side had thought they had enough votes to take control at the AGM but a crowd of people came in at the last minute which affected the votes and there's dispute over whether everybody who voted actually was a club member. I'm not that well versed with the details of what happened, who is in control now or the history but it sounds a messy enough business.

full back

Similar to TAC
That there is a problem after the AGM with certain people's votes, about who was in and who wasnt
Cant end well

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

I take it from the talk on the Tyrone thread, Clarke wont be getting the ogs job?

The GAA

Truely awful performance last night in brefni. none of the new men showed a thing. only vincent martin at full back could claim anything like parity. of the old men, clarke had a great 10 minute spell when he was finally restored to full forward but this wandering around midfield lark doesn't suit him at all. decent mention for shannon but the rest were rank.

rodgers can't kick the ball out. smith was destroyed. his man scored 1-05 and won the game for cavan yet there was no switch made for the entire 70 mins, despite shannon going well in the other corner. WTF? Donnelly and McDonald were ineffective at wing back and McClelland was very poor. his man skinned him in the second half particularly and why o why o why does he solo the ball constantly?

O'Neill and Lavery were anonymous for the most part. the only exception being when someone gave the ball to lavery he manages to run around in circle for 10 or 20 seconds before giving it back to the man who gave it to him in the first place!

toner, mallon and marty o'rourke were totally ineffective. mallon in particular has had 3 bad McKenna cup games and simply is not getting the business done. two o'rourkes inside were ok with poor supply. newtown one was nippy but took the wrong option in dangerous situations constantly. dromintee one is a great man to win a ball but he doesn't do anything with it... def doesn't anna shoot (is this lad not more of a half forward?)

all of the subs contributed less than zero. particular mention for peader toal who played the whole second half and never actually touched the ball til 25 mins in. didn't wanna know.

most worrying is the management. couldn't see obvious switches like smith off and clarke to the square. the ball was carried rugby league style the length of the field in search of scores. the exception was the first few mins when clarke went on the square and when the ball was kicked into him and he scored a couple in a minute. guess what... no half forwards!

An Laoch

was there as a neutral last night The GAA, I think you're being a little harsh on your boys.

I thought Marty O'Rourke had a good game, a lot of good play came through him.

It was a pleasure to watch Ronan Clarke at full forward, he tormented the Cavan backs something terrible.

Who has the lad in the forward line wearing 23? Thought he did well at times, but was a little green - promising though.

Overall there was a lot of ball turned over easy and Armagh didnt have the intensity I'd expect.

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 05:36:27 PM
I take it from the talk on the Tyrone thread, Clarke wont be getting the ogs job?

Rumour has it that Clarke is away to Carrickmore.  Can any Ogs lads confirm this??

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on January 18, 2009, 11:24:13 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 05:36:27 PM

Rumour has it that Clarke is away to Carrickmore.  Can any Ogs lads confirm this??
Its confirmed on the tyrone thread.

BroJolly

Quote from: The GAA on January 18, 2009, 09:11:02 AM
Truely awful performance last night in brefni. none of the new men showed a thing. only vincent martin at full back could claim anything like parity. of the old men, clarke had a great 10 minute spell when he was finally restored to full forward but this wandering around midfield lark doesn't suit him at all. decent mention for shannon but the rest were rank.

rodgers can't kick the ball out. smith was destroyed. his man scored 1-05 and won the game for cavan yet there was no switch made for the entire 70 mins, despite shannon going well in the other corner. WTF? Donnelly and McDonald were ineffective at wing back and McClelland was very poor. his man skinned him in the second half particularly and why o why o why does he solo the ball constantly?

O'Neill and Lavery were anonymous for the most part. the only exception being when someone gave the ball to lavery he manages to run around in circle for 10 or 20 seconds before giving it back to the man who gave it to him in the first place!

toner, mallon and marty o'rourke were totally ineffective. mallon in particular has had 3 bad McKenna cup games and simply is not getting the business done. two o'rourkes inside were ok with poor supply. newtown one was nippy but took the wrong option in dangerous situations constantly. dromintee one is a great man to win a ball but he doesn't do anything with it... def doesn't anna shoot (is this lad not more of a half forward?)

all of the subs contributed less than zero. particular mention for peader toal who played the whole second half and never actually touched the ball til 25 mins in. didn't wanna know.

most worrying is the management. couldn't see obvious switches like smith off and clarke to the square. the ball was carried rugby league style the length of the field in search of scores. the exception was the first few mins when clarke went on the square and when the ball was kicked into him and he scored a couple in a minute. guess what... no half forwards!

Agree with other poster who thought your comments were harsh. Considering the night that it was I thought there were some good performances. Thought Brian Mallon had played really well in all three games to date and hope he gets the opp to stay in this role in the league. The midfield was poor enough and that has been in the case in all games to date as well. Ronan Clarke was terrific and Kevin ORourke showed up well. Also good to see Peadar Toal again. Barry McDonald was pretty sound at half back for his first game. Won plenty of possession and always used the ball well.  Having said all that the highlight of last night was probably the bag of chips on the way home!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: BroJolly on January 18, 2009, 02:31:49 PM

Agree with other poster who thought your comments were harsh. Considering the night that it was I thought there were some good performances. Thought Brian Mallon had played really well in all three games to date and hope he gets the opp to stay in this role in the league. The midfield was poor enough and that has been in the case in all games to date as well. Ronan Clarke was terrific and Kevin ORourke showed up well. Also good to see Peadar Toal again. Barry McDonald was pretty sound at half back for his first game. Won plenty of possession and always used the ball well.  Having said all that the highlight of last night was probably the bag of chips on the way home!

Think TheGAA is a bit harsh as well though certainly we weren't great. Would tend to agree though that Brian Mallon hasn't had a great McKenna Cup - would expect more from him as he's a player I'd rate highly. Did peader Toal get a good point late on from the terrace side of the pitch?

Hasn't been a great McKenna though in terms of new prospects, bar Henderson. Hopefully if we qualify some of the new panelists will show a bit more in the knock out stages.

The GAA

Quote from: BroJolly on January 18, 2009, 02:31:49 PM

Can't agree on Mallon - i think he's been very poor.
clarke was only terrific when he was on the square, which was the last 15 mins.
i'm not sure why its good to see peader toal playing? in fact, i was distinctly annoyed that he was playing by the end of it.
anyone know where paddy mckeever is? haven't heard any mention of him?