Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Fence

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 16, 2009, 11:25:32 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 11:04:13 AM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 11:00:30 AM

I can stand over every word of that and there are no names mentioned anyway

Well you are still hearing them in the secondary source unless you were at the meetings. As regards names, I was referring to other posts there that mentioned the person.

In fairness Corn its hardly much of a secret. Certainly don't think there's been anything libellous on the thread. As far as the underage sides debate goes, to be fair to Killean it would be almost impossible for them to field at underage level this year. They need some time to build the necessary structures as a club and its fair enough to begin with a senior team so long as they have the intention to eventually set up underage sides. Dorsey did the same. Have Phelim Brady's any underage teams yet?

As for the championship draw, I'm just glad we didn't get Cross. We beat Killeavy comfortably twice last year just before they hit their great run of form. Probably a 50 / 50 match really. The two star players from each side will probably even each other out. Good to be back at the top table anyway.

Could you enlighten us TAC as to the two "star" players from each side are?  I'm Guessing McKeever and Stevie are two, the others?

Goats Do Shave

Just to stir the pot a bit... Will Joe Kernan take over the reigns at Killean now?  ::)

His sons to follow him next?  :P

by the way how did the split occur in Camlough? - Was it to do with the hunger strike or something?

full back

Off The Fence

Jesus hey that is a quare guess!

Wouldnt exactly go that far know FB

But I suppose I know where he is coming from.  Word is Mackin was one of the best midfielders in Division 1 last year.  i'd say Cullyhanna will be looking a repeat performance this year

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Wee Roddy on January 16, 2009, 11:34:07 AM
Can any of you Orchard Men spread any light on Aidan Clarke who managed Perase Ogs last year? What sort of trainer, coach etc is he?

he doesnt seem to be too bad! second in the league and championship two years running behind cross! if he had the same ogs team and cross were as dominant then im sure he would have a chmapionship won by now!
Ard Mhacha Abu

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 11:39:10 AM
Quote from: crossfire on January 16, 2009, 11:37:40 AM
There may be another new club forming in South Armagh if a fall out in an existing club is the only criteria needed. ;) ;)

Where's this now?

Not too far from Forde's Cross.

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 16, 2009, 11:52:18 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 16, 2009, 11:25:32 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 11:04:13 AM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 11:00:30 AM

I can stand over every word of that and there are no names mentioned anyway

Well you are still hearing them in the secondary source unless you were at the meetings. As regards names, I was referring to other posts there that mentioned the person.

In fairness Corn its hardly much of a secret. Certainly don't think there's been anything libellous on the thread. As far as the underage sides debate goes, to be fair to Killean it would be almost impossible for them to field at underage level this year. They need some time to build the necessary structures as a club and its fair enough to begin with a senior team so long as they have the intention to eventually set up underage sides. Dorsey did the same. Have Phelim Brady's any underage teams yet?

As for the championship draw, I'm just glad we didn't get Cross. We beat Killeavy comfortably twice last year just before they hit their great run of form. Probably a 50 / 50 match really. The two star players from each side will probably even each other out. Good to be back at the top table anyway.

Could you enlighten us TAC as to the two "star" players from each side are?  I'm Guessing McKeever and Stevie are two, the others?

Sorry I worded that badly, I was just referring to Stevie and Ciaran. Chances are they'd end up marking each other.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Off The Fence

Any word of manager for the Clans?

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

with assistance from illdecide???

Now that hughie abramovic has his own club, is there any word on his potiential transfer targets ?

fitzroyalty

Off The Fence

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 16, 2009, 01:09:45 PM
with assistance from illdecide???

Now that hughie abramovic has his own club, is there any word on his potiential transfer targets ?

word is Kaka has held secret talks with them in a last ditch bid to scupper the City deal,  Though sources at St Michaels have refuted this, due to Mr Morgans distaste for the ground game! ;D

bennydorano

Can any of you Orchard Men spread any light on Aidan Clarke who managed Perase Ogs last year? What sort of trainer, coach etc is he?

Ok, I'll ask.  Where is he off to then?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: bennydorano on January 16, 2009, 03:12:30 PM

Ok, I'll ask.  Where is he off to then?
::)

bennydorano

Wee Roddy making mischief, not me.

tyrone86

Well, Roddy's from Carrickmore so 2+2 = 7?