Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Who got the Clans job last night?

corn02

Anyone for Breffni? Wasn't going to bother, but there are a good few Dromintee men starting so might head up.

Aghdavoyle

Since noone seems to know the ins and outs of the fal out in killeavy....

a few years ago the newly elected chairman began an overhaul of what is arguably a sleeping gant of armagh football. he began changing various things in the club and bringing new people in. happy days says everyone. a few months down the line and executive meetings began turning into announcements of policy and decisions already made. committee members soon lose their patience in not having any say in club affairs and the club turning into a de facto dictatorship. there were stormy meetings and talk of votes of no confidence, etc. as people looked control of their club back.

one of the proclaimations announced was that any player who is concurrently playing soccer (half the killeavy senior tea at the time played soccer for killeavy united or shanro on a sat) would not be allowed to play for the club. those players walked out and the rest were not happy bunnies. the chairman was soon told where to syick his new policy and the soccer lads returned and through the jigs and the reels and the build of of constant conflict in the club the chairman quit. he soon declared he would be starting his own toytown in killeen.

All very strange for a man who never went to a county game til about ten years ago, a club game til well after that and openly dreided people who did for most of his life.

illdecide

Quote from: full back on January 16, 2009, 10:01:30 AM
Who got the Clans job last night?

As far as i'm aware it went to Gerard Skelton & Enda Brady, i'll confirm that later today...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Lads wel'll just have to be wary of getting too specific here, legal implications and all that.

Aghdavoyle

I can stand over every word of that and there are no names mentioned anyway

corn02

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 11:00:30 AM

Well you are still hearing them in the secondary source unless you were at the meetings. As regards names, I was referring to other posts there that mentioned the person.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 10:28:50 AM
Anyone for Breffni? Wasn't going to bother, but there are a good few Dromintee men starting so might head up.

What's the team?

billy the kid

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 16, 2009, 08:22:08 AM
QuoteAsk the Ballygawley folk

Or even the Glencull folk.

Pints you on the blob again?

:D :D :D :D

Cheeky as f**k
But funny as f**k too.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 11:04:13 AM

Well you are still hearing them in the secondary source unless you were at the meetings. As regards names, I was referring to other posts there that mentioned the person.

In fairness Corn its hardly much of a secret. Certainly don't think there's been anything libellous on the thread. As far as the underage sides debate goes, to be fair to Killean it would be almost impossible for them to field at underage level this year. They need some time to build the necessary structures as a club and its fair enough to begin with a senior team so long as they have the intention to eventually set up underage sides. Dorsey did the same. Have Phelim Brady's any underage teams yet?

As for the championship draw, I'm just glad we didn't get Cross. We beat Killeavy comfortably twice last year just before they hit their great run of form. Probably a 50 / 50 match really. The two star players from each side will probably even each other out. Good to be back at the top table anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

yellowcard

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 10:49:55 AM

Since noone seems to know the ins and outs of the fal out in killeavy....

a few years ago the newly elected chairman began an overhaul of what is arguably a sleeping gant of armagh football. he began changing various things in the club and bringing new people in. happy days says everyone. a few months down the line and executive meetings began turning into announcements of policy and decisions already made. committee members soon lose their patience in not having any say in club affairs and the club turning into a de facto dictatorship. there were stormy meetings and talk of votes of no confidence, etc. as people looked control of their club back.

one of the proclaimations announced was that any player who is concurrently playing soccer (half the killeavy senior tea at the time played soccer for killeavy united or shanro on a sat). those players walked out and the rest were not happy bunnies. the chairman was soon told where to syick his new policy and the soccer lads returned and through the jigs and the reels and the build of of constant conflict in the club the chairman quit. he soon declared he would be starting his own toytown in killeen.

All very strange for a man who never went to a county game til about ten years ago, a club game til well after that and openly dreided people who did for most of his life.

That would be a fairly accurate description of what has happened, a democracy turned into a dictatorship, fall-outs followed and led to the resignation of the then chairman. He in turn has decided this new club would be a way of getting back at the committee and because of his financial muscle and power with the county board his wish was granted.

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 16, 2009, 11:25:32 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2009, 11:04:13 AM

In fairness Corn its hardly much of a secret. Certainly don't think there's been anything libellous on the thread. As far as the underage sides debate goes, to be fair to Killean it would be almost impossible for them to field at underage level this year. They need some time to build the necessary structures as a club and its fair enough to begin with a senior team so long as they have the intention to eventually set up underage sides. Dorsey did the same. Have Phelim Brady's any underage teams yet?

As for the championship draw, I'm just glad we didn't get Cross. We beat Killeavy comfortably twice last year just before they hit their great run of form. Probably a 50 / 50 match really. The two star players from each side will probably even each other out. Good to be back at the top table anyway.

I know that he is accurate TAC, and there has been nothing libellous at all. Just considering the story, people involved etc, it will get back to them and you wouldn't know what they would do. Just trying to keep our hands clean lads, I am not Fat Tony in the corner giving a sinister warning.

Wee Roddy

Can any of you Orchard Men spread any light on Aidan Clarke who managed Perase Ogs last year? What sort of trainer, coach etc is he?

crossfire

There may be another new club forming in South Armagh if a fall out in an existing club is the only criteria needed. ;) ;)

corn02

Quote from: crossfire on January 16, 2009, 11:37:40 AM
There may be another new club forming in South Armagh if a fall out in an existing club is the only criteria needed. ;) ;)

Where's this now?