Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 09:08:12 PM
I don't know the exact politics and don't really need to, what is clear is that a disaffected ex-member of Killeavy is spear-heading this. There is no apparent need for a new club in the area either, so it kind of narrows the scope down that the club has been formed for reasons other than the promotion of Gaelic games. No Underage teams have been registered either from what I can gather, just a senior team.
Unbelievable, you don't know what you're talking about or anything about the situation but feel you can mouth?

How different is he from the majority on the board though, and before you get humpy that's not a personal cut at you!!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 15, 2009, 09:57:46 PM
I don't know the exact politics and don't really need to, what is clear is that a disaffected ex-member of Killeavy is spear-heading this. There is no apparent need for a new club in the area either, so it kind of narrows the scope down that the club has been formed for reasons other than the promotion of Gaelic games. No Underage teams have been registered either from what I can gather, just a senior team.
Unbelievable, you don't know what you're talking about or anything about the situation but feel you can mouth?

How different is he from the majority on the board though, and before you get humpy that's not a personal cut at you!!!
Well it's not BC because others maybe comment on what they hear or maybe rumours, they might be wrong but at least it's based on something.  Fitz has made a strong judgement when he doesnt have a clue what happened in Killeavey, he doesnt even have a rumour or a second hand account base his opinion on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

How exactly am I mouthing? A new club is being formed as a result of a fallout at an existing club. Regardless of who was involved in or what was said, this is not the basis on which a new GAA club should be formed.

pintsofguinness

I dont want to get in with a big thing with you as it really doesnt matter, I'm just baffled how you can say this:

QuoteHow can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?
How can you have any sense of pride in the jersey given the circumstances?

when you've no idea what the reasons were.  Maybe he has a legimiate reason for falling out with the club? You don't know. 
I'll hold off making judgement on this new club until I hear what's gone on among them and the reasons for it.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 10:08:01 PM
I dont want to get in with a big thing with you as it really doesnt matter, I'm just baffled how you can say this:

QuoteHow can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?

when you've no idea what the reasons were.  Maybe he has a legimiate reason for falling out with the club? You don't know. 
I'll hold off making judgement on this new club until I hear what's gone on among them and the reasons for it.

I am not disputing he had a legitimate reason to fallout with the club. What I do feel is that it is not within the spirit of the GAA to go and form another club because of it. Ask the Ballygawley folk. For the record I have heard some reasons as to why there was a fallout and on which I base my opinion, but they are from unreliable sources such as hearsay and internet forums

pintsofguinness

What were the reasons for the fall out then?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 10:15:54 PM
What were the reasons for the fall out then?

Since they are rumours...

Something to do with the Killeavy IIs team (not the Bs), also to do with players playing for soccer clubs being banned from playing senior football.

pintsofguinness

So where does Morgan come in to it then?

fitzroyalty

Don't know. Ask someone from Killeavy

Goats Do Shave

QuoteAsk the Ballygawley folk

Or even the Glencull folk.

Pints you on the blob again?

anportmorforjfc

When are the championship draws?

Off The Fence

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 16, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
When are the championship draws?

Take a look about 2 pages back and you'll get your answer!

full back

anportmorforjfc

Easy wins in senior and minor.  :D

yellowcard

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 08:26:51 PM
Quote from: Bitta-Banter on January 15, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
How can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?
Sorry ive missed this.What are the circumstances that this club have been formed?

Not sure of the exact details but an apparent fall out at Killeavy has led to this club being formed in a neighbouring parish
But you dont know what the fall out reasons are fitz? Or what the circumstances are?
So how can you say what you did?

For all the talk on this club Ive yet to hear of the reasons, maybe they are the wrong reasons maybe they're not but if you dont know how can you make such a statement?

Take it as given that this club has little or no support within the Killeavy club. It is a one man crusade to cause conflict and upheavel. However whilst the playing numbers in this
part of the parish might be small, the ability of this man to lobby and pounce on opportunities shouldn't be underestimated. There may be no immediately obvious damage to the
killeavy club but only time will tell if damage is done.

As for having no underage set-up the numbers wouldn't be high enough to enable this club to field at underage level.