Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

yeah corn that is ok in practice but you know i know there are ways around everything . Plus if you refuse transfers then the players may just leave. Either way Killeavy will be losing them.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

killeavy should enter a seconds team in div4 like they used to,I'm sure there'd be no love lost when the two meet

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 15, 2009, 02:32:42 PM
yeah corn that is ok in practice but you know i know there are ways around everything . Plus if you refuse transfers then the players may just leave. Either way Killeavy will be losing them.

Yeah true enough. I'd say there has been some fall out over it. It is hard to see where they will get 20 non-members. The standard of the Junior Championship is quite high.

fitzroyalty

How can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?
How can you have any sense of pride in the jersey given the circumstances?

corn02

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
How can these lads play for a club that has been formed for all the wrong reasons?

Time is a great shield. I may be naive, but I expect it to be a short-term venture.

fitzroyalty

I don't know. They have the money to survive so thats half the battle already

bennydorano

I wonder what sort of reception the idea would have gotten at Co board level if it hadn't have been Hughie's baby??

illdecide

I'm slow on these things...i take it you guys are refeering to Mr Morgan???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bitta-Banter

Sorry ive missed this.What are the circumstances that this club have been formed?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on January 15, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
Sorry ive missed this.What are the circumstances that this club have been formed?

Not sure of the exact details but an apparent fall out at Killeavy has led to this club being formed in a neighbouring parish

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 08:26:51 PM

Not sure of the exact details but an apparent fall out at Killeavy has led to this club being formed in a neighbouring parish
But you dont know what the fall out reasons are fitz? Or what the circumstances are?
So how can you say what you did?

For all the talk on this club Ive yet to hear of the reasons, maybe they are the wrong reasons maybe they're not but if you dont know how can you make such a statement?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2009, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 15, 2009, 08:26:51 PM

But you dont know what the fall out reasons are fitz? Or what the circumstances are?
So how can you say what you did?

For all the talk on this club Ive yet to hear of the reasons, maybe they are the wrong reasons maybe they're not but if you dont know how can you make such a statement?

I don't know the exact politics and don't really need to, what is clear is that a disaffected ex-member of Killeavy is spear-heading this. There is no apparent need for a new club in the area either, so it kind of narrows the scope down that the club has been formed for reasons other than the promotion of Gaelic games. No Underage teams have been registered either from what I can gather, just a senior team.

pintsofguinness

I don't know the exact politics and don't really need to, what is clear is that a disaffected ex-member of Killeavy is spear-heading this. There is no apparent need for a new club in the area either, so it kind of narrows the scope down that the club has been formed for reasons other than the promotion of Gaelic games. No Underage teams have been registered either from what I can gather, just a senior team.
Unbelievable, you don't know what you're talking about or anything about the situation but feel you can mouth?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ogshead

Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2009, 11:11:55 AM
That can't be true. They'd just be a glorified Killeavy B team then, not a real club.

Are there any other clubs in the country that make no effort at underage level?

Yep, Mullabrack!! No underage structure and a lot of ex Ogs and Harps players. Shows no sign of slowing down either as I have heard of a few more players that maybe headin in that direction too. Mullabrack not a big area for GAA and the players going aren't gonna be a big miss to the town's senior teams so it's not a big deal.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: ogshead on January 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2009, 11:11:55 AM
That can't be true. They'd just be a glorified Killeavy B team then, not a real club.

Are there any other clubs in the country that make no effort at underage level?

Yep, Mullabrack!! No underage structure and a lot of ex Ogs and Harps players. Shows no sign of slowing down either as I have heard of a few more players that maybe headin in that direction too. Mullabrack not a big area for GAA and the players going aren't gonna be a big miss to the town's senior teams so it's not a big deal.

But Mullaghbrack used to field underage teams, so they aren't the same.