Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 10:42:20 AM
Yes but all i think ifs and buts,  corn it could well work the other way and it has in the past to benefit Dromintee - that a class act from Killean make friends in Dromintee Club area and therefore play with Dromintee

I think we have to look to both Camlough and Cullyhanna areas and see the benefits of a new club formed to cater for all - especially those not invoved with the club that was already there.

Yeah fair point, but as you say who from Killean plays for Dromintee?

OfftheFence, progression to club status will only be a few short years away.

bennydorano

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 10:57:39 AM
Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 09:40:54 AM
Its just a senior team, not a Club. No under age structure

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 10:42:20 AM
Yes but all i think ifs and buts,  corn it could well work the other way and it has in the past to benefit Dromintee - that a class act from Killean make friends in Dromintee Club area and therefore play with Dromintee

I think we have to look to both Camlough and Cullyhanna areas and see the benefits of a new club formed to cater for all - especially those not invoved with the club that was already there.

I REPEAT

SENIOR TEAM ONLY,   NO CLUB!

Surely that's just an argument in semantics?  They are to all intents and purposes a new club.

Off The Fence

Well from my understanding at the meeting last night, it was asked was there going to be an underage structure and it was said by the man himself that young people from Killean area would be playing for Killeavy at underage level.

full back

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 11:06:58 AM
Well from my understanding at the meeting last night, it was asked was there going to be an underage structure and it was said by the man himself that young people from Killean area would be playing for Killeavy at underage level.

If this is the case it would mean that Killeavy is almost a feeder club for Killean

AFS

That can't be true. They'd just be a glorified Killeavy B team then, not a real club.

Are there any other clubs in the country that make no effort at underage level?

Off The Fence

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 11:06:58 AM

Well I could be wrong but I'm nearly 100% certain that I am not!

Was there anyone at the meeting last night that heard this? Benny?

AFS

Are they likely to be able to round up 15-20 lads in the next couple of months before the league starts? On that point, are they definitely competing in Div 4?

illdecide

Some interesting draws there lads but i would say when you get half way thru the league then you'll have a better idea of the form and get better predictions

ARMAGH FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP DRAWS – 2009

Senior Football Championship
1st Round
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn - Clans by 1pt - tight one.
Killeavey v St Patrick's - Killeavey by 2pts - that was hard to call, killeavey just on senior championship experience
Granemore v Dromintee - Dromintee by 4-5pts
Maghery v Whitecross - Maghery by 5pts
Tir na nÓg v Crossmalen - Cross by 14pts
Pearse Og v Carrickcruppen - Ogs by 3pts
Ballymacnab v Harps - Harps by 2pts
Bye – Clann Eireann - Clann Eireann by 1pt (after a reply)

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Off The Fence

Quote from: illdecide on January 15, 2009, 11:30:00 AM
Some interesting draws there lads but i would say when you get half way thru the league then you'll have a better idea of the form and get better predictions

ARMAGH FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP DRAWS – 2009

Senior Football Championship
1st Round
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn - Clans by 1pt - tight one.
Killeavey v St Patrick’s - Killeavey by 2pts - that was hard to call, killeavey just on senior championship experience
Granemore v Dromintee - Dromintee by 4-5pts
Maghery v Whitecross - Maghery by 5pts
Tir na nÓg v Crossmalen - Cross by 14pts
Pearse Og v Carrickcruppen - Ogs by 3pts
Ballymacnab v Harps - Harps by 2pts
Bye – Clann Eireann - Clann Eireann by 1pt (after a reply)

A Reply to what Illdecide?

Some good games

For what its worth:

Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn - Draw- Mullaghbawn win Replay.
Killeavey v St Patrick’s - Killeavey - Just.  Too much firepower
Granemore v Dromintee - Dromintee -7
Maghery v Whitecross - Maghery 3
Tir na nÓg v Crossmalen - Cross by 14pts with their second string
Pearse Og v Carrickcruppen - Tight, too tight nearly.  Upset a couple of years ago will still be in memory. Clarke to be difference
Ballymacnab v Harps - Harps by 5 or 6 points

Any good games in the intermediate?

holylandsniper

Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2009, 11:28:38 AM
Are they likely to be able to round up 15-20 lads in the next couple of months before the league starts? On that point, are they definitely competing in Div 4?

Yes they already have been training

On the club issue, although they've stated Junior team(i believe that was said at last nights meeting) only with no other particpating teams, they stil need to form a club and a committee to be a recognised so a club HAS been formed

AFS

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 11:38:36 AM
Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2009, 11:28:38 AM

Yes they already have been training

On the club issue, although they've stated Junior team(i believe that was said at last nights meeting) only with no other particpating teams, they stil need to form a club and a committee to be a recognised so a club HAS been formed

Are the lads that are training all non-members of the GAA or which clubs have they left?

holylandsniper

wouldnt know that, but would imagine they are non members

full back

I told you hound, Killeavy are a feeder club now...........

winsamsoon

Quote from: hound of ulster on January 15, 2009, 12:59:27 PM
If this team/club has no underage structures how can they expect killeavy to triain the kids from killean knowing that when they develope they may jump ship,this team/club will do nothing but disrupt the great work that has started at killeavy underage. if the plan is for underage teams,then the children of killean will be done a great diservice as it takes years do develope undeage structures and the numbers are not there to make this viable.

Sure this was happening with amalgamated teams and there were lads on here saying it was correct. No team or mentor should be ask to train cubs till under fourteen or any age to have them grow up and move to another club. Especially clubs that could be knocking your club out of a  senior championship . It is wrong and it will only become increasingly more difficult to get people on board to train younger teams because they know their future no longer lies with your club. It used to be a given right that the kids would grow up to play senior football for the club. With the changes in society and all other distraction the numbers coming through are decreasing year by year certainly at my own club. These amalgamated teams and new teams springing up are only further increasing the problem. What has this Killean team came out of a row?? It's a joke.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Quote from: hound of ulster on January 15, 2009, 12:59:27 PM
If this team/club has no underage structures how can they expect killeavy to triain the kids from killean knowing that when they develope they may jump ship,this team/club will do nothing but disrupt the great work that has started at killeavy underage. if the plan is for underage teams,then the children of killean will be done a great diservice as it takes years do develope undeage structures and the numbers are not there to make this viable.

Could Killeavy not just block transfer requests down the line?