Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Good but dangerous draw for Harps.  Ogs will get it tough v Cruppen, Clan na Gael v 'Bawn 50/50, Granemore could give Dromintee a game.

rootthemout

money talks,could be difficult years ahead for killeavy and dromintee,heard he only wants senior side,how long till underage is set up and pulling players from these clubs who have done the work helping to develop the young lads.

Off The Fence

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2009, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: holylandsniper on January 14, 2009, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 14, 2009, 11:49:46 PM
is this new club playing in the championship?

Phelim Brady's v Killean

Yes, great to see - two small clubs who were in needof their own identity against each other in the championship

Are you being sarcastic? Bad day for Killeavy, worrying day for Dromintee too.

How is this Corn?

edendorkgael

EDENDORK ST MALACHY'S GAC                     
                                           presents

"COUNTDOWN TO CROKER"

AN EVENING OF CHAT & DEBATE ON THE HOT TOPICS OF THE GAA

Would you like to be the new owner of this future greyhound champion?

Get along to the Glenavon House Hotel, Cookstown, on Friday January 23rd, when Edendork St Malachys GAC will host a gala chat evening 'Countdown To Croker' featuring Tyrone and Dublin legends from the '95 final. The greyhound pup is just one of the many items which will be auctioned on the big night, proceeds going towards the rebuilding of Edendork clubhouse, destroyed in an arson attack. Above, Austin Kelly, Edendork GFC, receives the pup from Peter Bayne (representing Mr Paddy Owens, who donated the pup). Also pictured is well known greyhound personality Mr Brenden Gervin who has kindly agreed to look after the pup.
The pup is three and a half months old and is a son of leading sire Ningbo Jack. His mother is from the much sought after breeding line of Staplers Jo and has already thrown winners in her previous two litters.
Anyone wishing to place a bid for the pup should telephone
07841 927437.

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2009, 09:23:06 AM
Granemore could give Dromintee a game.

Certainly, I'd say Dromintee are wary but happy, Granemore are probably not too disappointed - chance to lay down a real marker for the future.

corn02

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 09:27:18 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2009, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: holylandsniper on January 14, 2009, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 14, 2009, 11:49:46 PM
is this new club playing in the championship?

Phelim Brady's v Killean

Yes, great to see - two small clubs who were in needof their own identity against each other in the championship

Are you being sarcastic? Bad day for Killeavy, worrying day for Dromintee too.

How is this Corn?

Basically what rootthemout is saying. They will probably have Jonesobor players on board who would be Dromintee usually. It is hard to know how it wil lgo, but I would say there will be a small trickle to the lub who would usually have gone to Dromintee.

Off The Fence

Its just a senior team, not a Club. No under age structure

corn02

Quote from: Off The Fence on January 15, 2009, 09:40:54 AM

Is that right? I would imagine it would be progressing with underage teams in the future?

holylandsniper

Corn
realistically, it will not have any impact on Dromintee seniors - in recent years who from Killean has played with Dromintee - and from the possibilities of people from Jonesboro who will make Dromintee B team? And they will be no treat to us as they wont be playing in same competitions as us.

bennydorano

Initially, yes.  I'd imagine their application would have been thrown out if that's all they were bringing to the table.  It would be near impossible for a new club to enter numerous teams in their first year, they need time to grow.  If I were a member of Dromintee, Killeavey or Corrinshego I'd be very worried regarding the long term.

corn02

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 10:06:40 AM
Corn
realistically, it will not have any impact on Dromintee seniors - in recent years who from Killean has played with Dromintee - and from the possibilities of people from Jonesboro who will make Dromintee B team? And they will be no treat to us as they wont be playing in same competitions as us.

Quite condescending of Jonesboro there. We have two brothers from Jonesboro that would not be too far off the Championship team, unfortunately one player has to leave because of work. You never know who would come through the ranks from the village.

holylandsniper

Yes but my point is those from there that are interesting in playing football are with Dromintee - otheres that arent Dromintee were never going to have them - so Killean are doing Dromintee no harm in that case

corn02

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
Yes but my point is those from there that are interesting in playing football are with Dromintee - otheres that arent Dromintee were never going to have them - so Killean are doing Dromintee no harm in that case

In that case, but what about future players? There are plenty of groups of frineds from Jonesboro and Killean and, indeed, Dromintee and Killean. A young lad from the village might decide to go join the U14s at Killean because his mate is there, who is to say that he won't turn out a class act? But, obviously, Killeavy will be the worst affected.

holylandsniper

Yes but all i think ifs and buts,  corn it could well work the other way and it has in the past to benefit Dromintee - that a class act from Killean make friends in Dromintee Club area and therefore play with Dromintee

I think we have to look to both Camlough and Cullyhanna areas and see the benefits of a new club formed to cater for all - especially those not invoved with the club that was already there.

Off The Fence

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 15, 2009, 10:42:20 AM
Yes but all i think ifs and buts,  corn it could well work the other way and it has in the past to benefit Dromintee - that a class act from Killean make friends in Dromintee Club area and therefore play with Dromintee

I think we have to look to both Camlough and Cullyhanna areas and see the benefits of a new club formed to cater for all - especially those not invoved with the club that was already there.

I REPEAT

SENIOR TEAM ONLY,   NO CLUB!