Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 24, 2008, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on December 24, 2008, 03:56:19 PM
TAC. Drove past Athletic Grounds at about half one police were everywhere. On a more positive note I like a few options you have in defence. With Lavery back we have better options in midfield and I think in the long term Toner could prove to be our best full back - although we may need him elsewhere! Have always said that I think Donaghy is a natural half back and only does a good job at full back as he is a good footballer.

Have thought Toner was a very good full back since the 2007 u21 campaign when he played very well there.

A thought just struck me - where is Padraig Duffy of Pearse Ógs? Is he injured?  Be nice to see him back challenging for a spot in the half back line.
Pauraig lives in london now.  He plays for neasden Gaels and was playing centre half forward for London this year

umgolaarmagh

El Cuevo  he plays for "THE MIGHTY NEASDEN GAELS"  ;D

AFS

As expected, the Armagh yearbook found its way to the house at Christmas there. Its a pretty decent effort but does anyone know why Silverbridge didn't have a section in it? Was a bit unusual, maybe there were other clubs missing but they were the only ones that I noticed. Even Phelim Bradys managed to put together a couple of pages. 

twotwocharlie

Spoke to some of the Bridge lads last night , apparently their sec is a very busy guy. But they are tops at irish dancing so they are happy enough.

By the way they tell me that Mona Ruddy is their new senior manager after John Rafferty pulled out.

TacadoirArdMhacha

John Rafferty is taking over at his home club O'Hanlons I hear.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Legs11

Quote from: AFS on December 27, 2008, 07:08:41 PM
As expected, the Armagh yearbook found its way to the house at Christmas there. Its a pretty decent effort but does anyone know why Silverbridge didn't have a section in it? Was a bit unusual, maybe there were other clubs missing but they were the only ones that I noticed. Even Phelim Bradys managed to put together a couple of pages. 
bridge sec only got told one day before the deadline so was givin no time to work on it think the county board 4got bout them

Legs11

Neil O'Rourke (St Michael's>this guy played b football last year and i must say he is bad think hollywood had a say in this pick....got roasted in a lot of senior matchs as well

corn02

bennydorano

Quote from: Legs11 on December 28, 2008, 02:48:05 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 27, 2008, 07:08:41 PM
bridge sec only got told one day before the deadline so was givin no time to work on it think the county board 4got bout them
Arse, I was at the county board meeting where it was first mentioned - think it was July.  Surely there was a 'Bridge rep there or even there for the next one to read the minutes?

rootthemout

thats about 3 clubs ive heard john rafferty was to take, heard he was taking errigal then mayobridge are the offers getting bigger with each club?any word on other club appointments in county,alot of clubs looking managers from what i hear

twotwocharlie

Silverbridge are on the lookout for a manager or so i'm told.

Apparently the previous managers are going back to Fossets or is it Duffys

Old Bill

PTG is taking Errigal this year. Mickey Donnelly is away to ardboe, dunno bout the new m'bridge manager but raff is takin rostrevor i hear

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 27, 2008, 01:27:20 PM
TAC. Drove past Athletic Grounds at about half one police were everywhere. On a more positive note I like a few options you have in defence. With Lavery back we have better options in midfield and I think in the long term Toner could prove to be our best full back - although we may need him elsewhere! Have always said that I think Donaghy is a natural half back and only does a good job at full back as he is a good footballer.

Have thought Toner was a very good full back since the 2007 u21 campaign when he played very well there.

A thought just struck me - where is Padraig Duffy of Pearse Ógs? Is he injured?  Be nice to see him back challenging for a spot in the half back line.
Pauraig lives in london now.  He plays for neasden Gaels and was playing centre half forward for London this year

Sorry I actually meant Paul Duffy? I read on orchardcounty that he was injured. Anybody got any ideas on when he's likely to be back?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ogshead

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 29, 2008, 05:46:29 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 27, 2008, 01:27:20 PM

Sorry I actually meant Paul Duffy? I read on orchardcounty that he was injured. Anybody got any ideas on when he's likely to be back?

Yeah got badly injured in  the first minute of this year's county final. would be another good option for the half back line. A lot of people made money off him in the town a couple of years back when he scored against monaghan i think. Was something ridiculous like 11-1 to score at any time and the odds went down to 4-1 or less by time of match!!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ogshead on December 29, 2008, 07:26:22 PM
A lot of people made money off him in the town a couple of years back when he scored against monaghan i think. Was something ridiculous like 11-1 to score at any time and the odds went down to 4-1 or less by time of match!!

There was some cheer went up when he scored that point  :D