Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

Quote from: bud on December 19, 2008, 03:19:34 PM
Any word of when a McKenna cup panel will be named?
Does anyone know how the trials went and who performed well?

its in this weeks gaelic life!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Orior

Ciaran McKinney retired from the nets. With Hearty out with XMG, that leaves Lissummon lad Rodgers in goal for McKenna Cup and probably the NFL?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Orior on December 21, 2008, 10:55:08 PM
Ciaran McKinney retired from the nets. With Hearty out with XMG, that leaves Lissummon lad Rodgers in goal for McKenna Cup and probably the NFL?

Where did you hear this? Wouldn't be too confident in thon boy

corn02

He has indeed.

There is another keeper on the panel though, a bloody good one too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Disappointed to hear that. Always thought McKinney deserved a run in the side at some stage. There's not a lot between himself and Hearty with both prone to the odd error but I'd have had a slight preference for McKinney.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 21, 2008, 11:56:45 PM

Disappointed to hear that. Always thought McKinney deserved a run in the side at some stage. There's not a lot between himself and Hearty with both prone to the odd error but I'd have had a slight preference for McKinney.

Agreed on that TAC. Very sorry to hear Ciaran has pulled the pin. He had started off his county career in great style, playing a few Ulster Championship matches and playing very well. He then lost it in tragic circumstances, missing a couiple of matches after his father lost his life in an accident. Ciaran never really re-established himself after that.

The tragedy that befell the family obviously puts the ups and downs of his County career into proper perspective. However Ciaran McKinney remains a classy keeper and is a gentleman to boot! 

corn02

Agreed.

Rodgers and McEvoy now fighting for his place.

Joxer

Realistically I think if it is going to be anyone, it will be McEvoy.

All depends on Cross.  They should still be there on St Patricks Day so therefore there wont be too many changes to this panel for the NFL.  As with all the other counties, I would hope to see fringe players get a chance and more attacking brand of football.

corn02

Quote from: Joxer on December 22, 2008, 09:02:46 AM
Realistically I think if it is going to be anyone, it will be McEvoy.

All depends on Cross.  They should still be there on St Patricks Day so therefore there wont be too many changes to this panel for the NFL.  As with all the other counties, I would hope to see fringe players get a chance and more attacking brand of football.

Yeah I have been championing him for a while now. I would imagine he will be first choice in the NFL/McKENNA.

corn02

What do we think of the panel overall?

At least Henderson will be given a shot to see if the talk is justified.

Joxer

What talk has there been about Henderson?

Will be interesting to see how many of the fringe players he uses?

Real1995

Gr8 to see Philly gettin a call up corn,

jus shows again that if your playin well for ur club, its does matter what age you are or if you played for any underage armagh team, mcdonnell will giv u a chance...
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

Quote from: Joxer on December 22, 2008, 11:53:15 AM
What talk has there been about Henderson?

Will be interesting to see how many of the fringe players he uses?

Henderson has been posting massive tallies for years, albeit in lower leagues. Good to se him get a shot.

corn02

Quote from: Real1995 on December 22, 2008, 12:31:07 PM
Gr8 to see Philly gettin a call up corn,

jus shows again that if your playin well for ur club, its does matter what age you are or if you played for any underage armagh team, mcdonnell will giv u a chance...

Certainly is great to see Real. He impressed in the McKenna Cup a few years back.

McDonnell certainly seems to be casting the net far and wide, should be appluaded for that.

corn02

No Toal, he must be going for the soccer big style. Disappointed, a cracking player.