Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

To speak about dirt and to be from Killeavy is another contradiction in my book :D ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

billy the kid

Lets all be honest hear - Bellew Definately should have been sent off a headbutt is a headbutt and deserves a red card FULL STOP!

Mcguckin was niggling at Bellew and what he did just about registers as a strike and strickly speaking he should have went also.

However What Bellew done was definately alot worse, provoked or not, and thankfully is rarely seen on a Gaelic field. Unfortunately the sly dig McGuckin used is a very common thing in Ulster football and is rarely a red card, although it should be.

BTW Calling Francie a Sc**bag is out of order and shouldnt happen. He was well out of line and I would say he will be punished for it after the event and has to deal with that personal insults of that nature help nobody.

Congratulations to Cross a fine performance and deserving winners of the title. Hope they go on and do Ulster proud in the AI series.  SF opponents look poor TBH and Crokes are no bigh shakes but sure as we all know its all on the day and anything can happen in Championship.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 15, 2008, 07:53:37 PM
What's the issue about what Donal said.  He had 10 players away with Armagh, and a commited bunch of lads doing their own training.  They worked on fitness up till the start of August with one tough session a week, knowing full well that there was no big pressure as there was no championship till then.  It didn't really affect their playing as they cruised to the league! He had faith in his squad that they would look after themselves, which they obviously did. It won Tyrone an AI, so why shouldn't follow a successful system.

They were training 2 nights a week from the start of August.  Whether or not they were on the ropes against the HArps is history now.  The Harps lost, and that is that, as did the Ogs, as did the Clans.  The way some people go on you'd swear Cross have an obligation to let someone else win "for the good of the county" and that the officials are "bad" and corrupt in their efforts to keep Cross winning.  The simple fact is that of the 100 odd championship matches that Cross have won in Armagh only half a dozen or so have been in Cross.  What were the excuses for the rest of them.  Get over yourselves, the chips are getting bigger by each game.

Bit of an overreaction there BC.

I think a lot of the anti-Murtagh stuff would come after last year's run when he stated something along the lines that he would rest the big players for the Armagh Championship. Of course it was good enough, but disrespectful all the same.

Armagh Exile

Any changes or news from the Armagh Convention last night?

IVEDECIDED

I dont consider Cross decision to train one night a week for a few months arrogant I consider it good management. You cant train your team half to death all year and expect to be fresh for big games. Which is more important training or matches? Unfortunately I think whats wrong with football is people put too much emphasis on training etc. I know a club that only trianed one night for six weeks and were winning all round them, they then stepped it up to two nights plus intensive training weekends in the build up to a big game and were obliterated! ;) ;) No prizes for guessing who it was. In my opinion if you were able to play well on a Sunday then you wouldnt have to train at all!!

The GAA

And how would you manage to play well on a sunday if you never trained?

IVEDECIDED

I was being hypothetical son I wasnt suggesting teams dont train!

full back

Were you being hypothetical as well when you were speaking about the Clans training one night a week & winning all round them? ;)

IVEDECIDED

They won 4 or 5 league games on the trot round the middle of the season I think and this coincided with them training once a week. So no I wasnt being hypothetical there son but nice of you to ask. ;)

AFS

Guys, seeing since the new intercounty season is just over a fortnight away and there has been no news to the contrary, would it be safe to assume that there aren't going to be anymore retirements from the county team?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on December 16, 2008, 07:27:22 PM
Guys, seeing since the new intercounty season is just over a fortnight away and there has been no news to the contrary, would it be safe to assume that there aren't going to be anymore retirements from the county team?

Was a bit of speculation in the Irish News today that Francie might retire. Probably won't know for certain until after Cross are out.

Are McGrane and Aidan O'Rourke definetly staying on?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Heard Pedar Toal is back on board, given his weights programme for the Winter.  Nippy isn't going back AFAIK.

winsamsoon

Yeah apparently Francie took a bad knock to the back of the head :D and he is suffering from amnesia so he has forgot he has ever won an All Ireland. So he is going to play now till he is fifty and take some young lads place.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Anyone get the Armagh year book? (or whatever its called)
Is it out in shops yet?

bennydorano

Yeah got a copy.  It's excellent, well worth a £10er for anyone who's got an interest.