Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

I agree with what you  lads are saying about calling people scumbags it shouldn't happen. but lets be honest what Francie done in the 7th minute was also disturbing. He should have got the line. Ballinderry where no saints either but and they were involved as where cross in a few off the ball incidents. If you ask me Ballinderry played into the hands of cross by trying to get physical with them and in all honesty Ballinderry lacked the fire power up front. The back line probably done all they could to contain cross. Ballinderry secured enough possession but just ran out of ideas. They had no one to take points from 30 or 40 yards out which was again meat and drink to the cross because lets be honest they are the masters at close marking and closing teams out. I have said it before the only way to beat cross is to get the ball wide  upset their defensive unit and have the proper men in the proper positiions that can take scores from 30 or 40 yards. Trying to walk it is with wee small men just won't work. All in all the cross where far superior on both days in my opinion. They where clinical up front and never showed any signs of pressure even when Ballinderry did draw level. So well done the cross for securing another Ulster title and now equaling the record of the clans  ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Bad act surely, but no excuse for the name calling, a bit of a  joke.

Btw anyone who insults Bellew, that is  like slapping Sidfelines mother in the face, his biggest fan.

SidelineKick

Quote from: corn02 on December 15, 2008, 02:05:19 PM
Bad act surely, but no excuse for the name calling, a bit of a  joke.

Btw anyone who insults Bellew, that is  like slapping Sidfelines mother in the face, his biggest fan.

Corn without her I would have no clean kit or money for a packet of crisps after the match  :D

I thought Ballinderry would have learned from the last day not to try and mix it.  You can't get physical with Cross and expect to come off better than them!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

IVEDECIDED

I was bitterly dissappointed with Ballinderry - how they even won a Derry championship is beyond me. They couldnt even hold on to the ball never mind shoot. Derry football must not be what its supposed to be. Fair play to Cross though. They must be a cert for the All Ireland Kilmacuds look rubbish too! Armagh football isnt that bad - Cross alwyas have harder matches in it than Ulster!  :D

Final Whistle

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on December 15, 2008, 03:55:35 PM
I was bitterly dissappointed with Ballinderry - how they even won a Derry championship is beyond me. They couldnt even hold on to the ball never mind shoot. Derry football must not be what its supposed to be. Fair play to Cross though. They must be a cert for the All Ireland Kilmacuds look rubbish too! Armagh football isnt that bad - Cross alwyas have harder matches in it than Ulster!  :D

Unfortunately your wrong. According to The IN today Murtagh only started training at a slight pre season level (one night a week) on the run up to the Ogs final. Cross have not even peaked yet. I worry for the remaining Armagh clubs, will they ever get a sniff of it again???  :-\ :-\ :-\

bennydorano

Quote from: Final Whistle on December 15, 2008, 03:58:25 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on December 15, 2008, 03:55:35 PM

Unfortunately your wrong. According to The IN today Murtagh only started training at a slight pre season level (one night a week) on the run up to the Ogs final. Cross have not even peaked yet. I worry for the remaining Armagh clubs, will they ever get a sniff of it again???  :-\ :-\ :-\
He didn't mention the Ogs Final, he said from 'earlier in the year', training one night a week and turning up for league games at the weekend, so he's clearly referring to the early part of the season.  He pretty much said the same thing last year too, a bit dismissive of Armagh clubs.

BerfArmagh

Typical arrogant cross if he came out with those comments. As everyone knows, cross get a lot of very dubious decisions and favors from the officical and eegits we call a county board. Count the fact that they contected the last 6-7 years of county finals on their home pitch, sure where else would you get it.... They were hanging on for dear life against the Harps. I agree though, its time all the other clubs in the countyb started stepping up to the mark

Fine win for them yesterday, beat themselves getting involved in all the physical stuff. Referee again was attrocious

winsamsoon

well the fella in question is a very arrogant individual in many respects.

But there are a lot of teams that start of the season with one night a week and then build it up slowly over a period of time. That's ok if you are into that sort of thing but i see the game in simple terms. This talk of teams peaking has appeared over the last decade and i think teams and setups can get a little too carried away with it. Sometimes they focus more on this"peaking " that the actual performance on the football field. I think the peaking talk is an easy way out for teams that are just not good enough and are looking for another chance. I am a firm believer in the tried and tested ie what has bred success in the past will eventual work again. It is just a matter of having the right men at the helm. Now by all means they will have to adopt and come into line with modern fitness levels and other issues but i don't think they should get caught up in the whole professionalism that seems to have gripped the sport.Cross where probably the first team to bring the professionalism into the game. But they never strayed from the values that they have always had, they combined it in a very clever way . Armagh then followed suit under the guidance of Kernan and you have to say some of the things got a little rediculous and sometimes football took a back seat. I think it should be kept simple it makes life easier for the players and doesn't put as much pressure on them

doire na raithe

I'm pretty sure if the Bellew incident had have happened in the 47th minute rather than the 7th he would have got the line.

brokencrossbar1

What's the issue about what Donal said.  He had 10 players away with Armagh, and a commited bunch of lads doing their own training.  They worked on fitness up till the start of August with one tough session a week, knowing full well that there was no big pressure as there was no championship till then.  It didn't really affect their playing as they cruised to the league! He had faith in his squad that they would look after themselves, which they obviously did. It won Tyrone an AI, so why shouldn't follow a successful system.

They were training 2 nights a week from the start of August.  Whether or not they were on the ropes against the HArps is history now.  The Harps lost, and that is that, as did the Ogs, as did the Clans.  The way some people go on you'd swear Cross have an obligation to let someone else win "for the good of the county" and that the officials are "bad" and corrupt in their efforts to keep Cross winning.  The simple fact is that of the 100 odd championship matches that Cross have won in Armagh only half a dozen or so have been in Cross.  What were the excuses for the rest of them.  Get over yourselves, the chips are getting bigger by each game.

aroundincircles

I think credit where credit is due cross probaly the best club team ever the best i have seen anyway no matter who "run them close or who could have beat  them" does not matter this team and club have some bunch of talent with an attitude on the field any man on here would be proud of if it was his club.

The GAA

Difficult to define the greatest club team in this instance as the cross team now has changed massively from say 96, when people regard "this team" as having begun.

aroundincircles

winsamsoon

It is without a doubt Cross at the moment though the all ireland club trophy would say differently well up until march anyway :D :D. But it is hard to compare them with older teams as i was only a twinkle in the eye. ;)

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: gaapunter on December 15, 2008, 10:40:02 AM
Quote from: Joxer on December 15, 2008, 10:19:31 AM
Looking at Crossmaglen yesterday,  you would have to think that they will have 3 or 4 more boys on the county panel which I dont think are there.  2 McKeowns, Mickey McNamee.  Think that Jamie Clarke will not be too long out of it either.  A lad with excellent potential!

looking at cross- i was disgusted with the dirt- especially the giner bellew sc**bag

die your eyes you big baby - you wouldnt do so much crying if he played for killeavey    >:(