Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Any utes on the management merrygoround?

Onion Bag

The Nab have got some guy from Kilcoo in Co. Down,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ogshead

I think it's quite funny at the amount of complaints there was today in the Irish News about the referee last Sunday. Thay say decisions even themselves out over the course of the year and I think that was surely the case last Sunday. A lot of people left the athletic grounds after the Armagh semi finals saying that the Harps were robbed a goal at the end. I'm not saying that they would have won a replay against Cross but maybe the replay that they have now is making up for it. I agree with a lot of people though about the Mc Entee incident, it was a disgrace and I'm glad that the decision was overturned. The Ballinderry player's antics were a joke. However, what's just as bad is when teams lie down to kill time near the end of a game when they nudge in front. Cross are the masters. I know I know, I would love the Ogs to be in the position to be able to do that as well nut it really does kill the game and you do what you do to win the game, but it's still faking injury i.e cheating, to run the clock down. To me there's not much difference in that and holdin your face to get some one sent off, it's still doin what ya gotta do to win. I also think that Cross are good enough to win without having to resort to that

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ogshead on December 04, 2008, 10:12:02 PM
However, what's just as bad is when teams lie down to kill time near the end of a game when they nudge in front. Cross are the masters. I know I know, I would love the Ogs to be in the position to be able to do that as well nut it really does kill the game and you do what you do to win the game, but it's still faking injury i.e cheating, to run the clock down. To me there's not much difference in that and holdin your face to get some one sent off, it's still doin what ya gotta do to win. I also think that Cross are good enough to win without having to resort to that

Ogshead, I don't know what age you are but I can tell you that you're very own team are the worst culprits for this.  I recall my championship debut in 1994 against the Ogs in Keady.  We had a nightmare first half and Fergal Harney in FF and Houlie in the middle of the field ran riot scoring 3-4 I think in the first half.  Come the second half and they spent more time on he ground along with a few others like Scaldy. they ran the clock down like never before and never since.  We nearly caught you in the end, and really should have.  Look closer at home before shouting your mouth off! 

twotwocharlie

Silverbridge have two boys from Duffys circus. Same old same old.

ogshead

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 04, 2008, 10:38:34 PM
However, what's just as bad is when teams lie down to kill time near the end of a game when they nudge in front. Cross are the masters. I know I know, I would love the Ogs to be in the position to be able to do that as well nut it really does kill the game and you do what you do to win the game, but it's still faking injury i.e cheating, to run the clock down. To me there's not much difference in that and holdin your face to get some one sent off, it's still doin what ya gotta do to win. I also think that Cross are good enough to win without having to resort to that

Ogshead, I don't know what age you are but I can tell you that you're very own team are the worst culprits for this.  I recall my championship debut in 1994 against the Ogs in Keady.  We had a nightmare first half and Fergal Harney in FF and Houlie in the middle of the field ran riot scoring 3-4 I think in the first half.  Come the second half and they spent more time on he ground along with a few others like Scaldy. they ran the clock down like never before and never since.  We nearly caught you in the end, and really should have.  Look closer at home before shouting your mouth off! 

I can remember that match in Keady too, and you would have noticed that I did say that I wish we could get in positions like that!! Not having a real go at youse like. I did say that I think Cross are a better team esp in the Armagh Championship than to be playing like that. That Ogs team were a team that had come to the end of it's time. The players who had won senior Championships had retired in bulk and we were on borrowed time as the next couple of years after it proved. Though to say we're the biggest culprits of it is shit, we never get into that position. Cross do it every game. Your example of the Ogs doin it goes back 14 years

tonesfirstandlast

I think this is a major problem in Armagh and Crossmaglen in particular. A sewrious shortage of mirrors where they could take a good look at themselves before criticising others.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: The GAA on December 04, 2008, 11:52:25 AM

Any utes on the management merrygoround?

Colin Kelly from Louth the Dromintee Manager

corn02

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on December 04, 2008, 11:11:10 PM

I think this is a major problem in Armagh and Crossmaglen in particular. A sewrious shortage of mirrors where they could take a good look at themselves before criticising others.

Cross are very bad at this, the U21 final froma few year ago sticks out. But , like diving, mouth, etc,etc every club is, on a whole, probably as bad as each other.

pintsofguinness

QuoteOgshead, I don't know what age you are but I can tell you that you're very own team are the worst culprits for this.  I recall my championship debut in 1994 against the Ogs in Keady.  We had a nightmare first half and Fergal Harney in FF and Houlie in the middle of the field ran riot scoring 3-4 I think in the first half.  Come the second half and they spent more time on he ground along with a few others like Scaldy. they ran the clock down like never before and never since.  We nearly caught you in the end, and really should have.  Look closer at home before shouting your mouth off!
Jeeze BC, 14 years ago!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Just because something happened 14 years ago doesn't mean that it has no relevance to the point.
I would think most teams are as bad as each other on this front. The issue of going down and wasting time, i wouldn't really deem it as cheating i think this is all part and parcel of the game. It just boils down to who is in the luxury position coming to the end of the game. it is just a wee bit of craft and it is mostly performed by the older members of the squad "what we would call the old heads"
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

QuoteJust because something happened 14 years ago doesn't mean that it has no relevance to the point.
look at that BC, the Clanns, we won something 100 years ago, man is agreeing with you.

That's how far you've gone!   :D

;)

illdecide

Take your face for a shite Pints
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 05, 2008, 02:09:06 PM
Slabber slabber.  ::)

Go away and complain to someone who cares. Grass up some poor sod trying to do his job...lol

I wonder how many men you have got the sack over the years...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch