Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

I agree that was stupid - its a known accomodation in the game to allow a team a training session on a filed before they are due to play a championship game on it. So to say noone will be training on the athletic grounds was stupid.

IVEDECIDED

Cross have only themselves to blame they have failed to accomodate the county board on numerous occasions. The most obvious examples being when they threatened to pull all their players out of county teams if the board didnt lie down to them and when they refuse to participate in underage development squads. (I personally dont entirely disagree with them on that one) There is now a division between them and a, 'Why should we accomodate you' attitude on both sides.

Legs11

Pints.. any word on the new bridge managers...they have no hope if laurel and hardy still has it..is mc cann and reel still headin to oz for few months...

pintsofguinness

I never heard any news on the manager and completely disagree that the Reels were "laurel and hardy".  Two dedicated clubmen who were sweating blood for the 'bridge when Ciaran Conlon's fan club (some of whom arent even members of the club!) were in nappies. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

surely you cant call last year progress pints . 4th from bottom of div 2.

ogshead

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on November 27, 2008, 03:21:33 PM
Cross have only themselves to blame they have failed to accomodate the county board on numerous occasions. The most obvious examples being when they threatened to pull all their players out of county teams if the board didnt lie down to them and when they refuse to participate in underage development squads. (I personally dont entirely disagree with them on that one) There is now a division between them and a, 'Why should we accomodate you' attitude on both sides.

Grudge here at all?

Haven't been on the board in while but just on 'the use of the Atheltic Grounds' issue, there has been more than one team training there. Definitely seen another team there before the Ulster Club started. Seen the lights on one mid week night when I was driving over the ring road and went down for a nosy (not long after the reopening, so there was still the novelty factor of seeing teams on it). A team, don't know who it was though, was jogging down in front of the Ceanarus and there was cones on the pitch. noticed at least one other team on it after that

Of course, when it was supposed to be our 'home' ground we played a whole season of under 16 football away from 'home' until the county final!! First 'home' game of the year a county final!! :o

AFS

I see John Crossey, the ex-Down manager, has taken over our hurlers. Seems like a decent enough appointment.

AFS

I've also been reading on orchardcounty about a trial match for the county that was held last night, anyone got any word on it? Apparently Peadar Toal was in attendance, I thought he was off playing for Armagh City this year?

Whacker

Quote from: ogshead on November 27, 2008, 11:43:47 PM

Grudge here at all?

Haven't been on the board in while but just on 'the use of the Atheltic Grounds' issue, there has been more than one team training there. Definitely seen another team there before the Ulster Club started. Seen the lights on one mid week night when I was driving over the ring road and went down for a nosy (not long after the reopening, so there was still the novelty factor of seeing teams on it). A team, don't know who it was though, was jogging down in front of the Ceanarus and there was cones on the pitch. noticed at least one other team on it after that

Of course, when it was supposed to be our 'home' ground we played a whole season of under 16 football away from 'home' until the county final!! First 'home' game of the year a county final!! :o

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is Pearse Og Park now not the Og's "home" ground as you call it??

full back

Quote from: Whacker on November 28, 2008, 08:50:57 AM
Quote from: ogshead on November 27, 2008, 11:43:47 PM

Grudge here at all?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is Pearse Og Park now not the Og's "home" ground as you call it??

He said, 'when it was supposed to be their home ground', so I'm assuming he is talking about the Athletic Grounds when it was the Og's home ground & before Pearse Og Park?

el_cuervo_fc

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about before we had Pearse Og Park, when we used the Athletic Grounds as our pitch

bennydorano

Quote from: AFS on November 28, 2008, 04:24:22 AM
I've also been reading on orchardcounty about a trial match for the county that was held last night, anyone got any word on it? Apparently Peadar Toal was in attendance, I thought he was off playing for Armagh City this year?
From what I have heard Harps are expecting him back for the new season, so it could be right. He's currently with Armagh City and doing extremely well, unless he gets his head turned by a big Irish League club I think he'll be back for club & county.

BenDover

Quote from: AFS on November 28, 2008, 04:11:51 AM
I see John Crossey, the ex-Down manager, has taken over our hurlers. Seems like a decent enough appointment.

So decent that the Down hurlers got rid of him

Armagh Exile

Is this the game man who walked out as Armagh Development Officer to take the Down job?