Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

For perhaps the first time ever I'm inclined to agree with I'VEDECIDED.

Goats Do Shave

Cross should be fully helped win another Ulster / All Ireland!

The better they do outside Armagh, the better the rest of our teams look...

doire na raithe

I didn't realise you got trophies for looking good these days.

winsamsoon

I would agree with I'vedecided on the fact that they county board have now opened a can of worms ie anyone now that wants the Athletics grounds should be able to get it because cross have.I would also be interested to hear their reasons for wanting the pitch. Do they find it similar to eniskillen?? I am still waiting on an answer concerning the cross pitch. Don't they have floodlights ??

Despite all of the above i think the county board of any county in Ireland should do all within their powers to see that the county champions go as far as they can in the Ulster and the all Ireland series. After all it is no big deal opening a pitch to let them train on.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

The playing surface is ready winsam, but the lights are not up yet.  It is a more difficult issue given the security presence so I think it is taking a bit more time.

As regards the reasoning behind asking for the Athletics Grounds, they have the best lights I presume in Armagh, and anyone who knows, there is a big difference in playing under lights and in normal daylight.  It was a reasonable request and I would think that the County Board have good reasons for their initial decision but given the nature of the game we are preparing for, some leeway is understandable.

armaghniac

Enniskillen has TV standard floodlights, so does the Athletic grounds. Your typical club ground does not have these, hence the request. Hardly unreasonable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

That is what i was asking lads and now that you have told me the reason i woul fully agree that they should have access to the athletic grounds.

It does leaves the can of worms still open but sure it is not like anyone else will be playing in the ulster in the near future ;) ;) :D

thebandit

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 25, 2008, 02:28:39 PM
If you are doing nothing Friday night, get yourselves down to the Moy Inn, Ballyhegan Davitts are holding a Strictly Ccome Dancing evening.

Should be a laugh!

As the great Gene Morgan oncce said abut the 'Bridge starting bingo in the hall.....

"It's great youse found a game youse can play"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2008, 11:16:30 AM
The playing surface is ready winsam, but the lights are not up yet.  It is a more difficult issue given the security presence so I think it is taking a bit more time.

As regards the reasoning behind asking for the Athletics Grounds, they have the best lights I presume in Armagh, and anyone who knows, there is a big difference in playing under lights and in normal daylight.  It was a reasonable request and I would think that the County Board have good reasons for their initial decision but given the nature of the game we are preparing for, some leeway is understandable.
I'd be very surprised if they are any better than the 'bridge's. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

QuoteI'd be very surprised if they are any better than the 'bridge's. 

well they are differently configured than the Bridge's at least.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

goh4205

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2008, 07:02:22 PM

I think the bridge lights are 400 candle power, but armagh & enniskillen are 600 which is whats need for TV

pintsofguinness

QuoteI think the bridge lights are 400 candle power, but armagh & enniskillen are 600 which is whats need for TV
I can't argue but I'd question was it necessary for cross to raise this fuss because of that. 
It would be different if they had no floodlights to train under. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

It is quite trivial to be honest, but never really seen the difference so maybe it will be important.

illdecide

Quote from: goh4205 on November 26, 2008, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2008, 07:02:22 PM

I think the bridge lights are 400 candle power, but armagh & enniskillen are 600 which is whats need for TV

Not nit picking here just thought i'd tell you so you'll know for again. The lighting is measured by a term called "Lux". A standard football (club) pitch is usually lit up with an average Lux of 200 - 250 and if hurling is played then the Lux would increase to about 350 Lux. As for the County grounds they would be minimum 350 Lux and a maximum of (how much do you want to spend)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I seen you up an cherry picker one day saan getting the lux blew of ya.

If you could have seen the lux they were giving you from the ground. :D :D :D