Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

IMHO the CB should be letting Cross use the field. Others will say there are rules in place, but if Cross have to go to Down to train it will look very bad on our CB
It is an Ulster Final FFS

winsamsoon

I didn't hear the bawl Donal coming out and complaining when the cross were hosting the Armagh club championships finals that they were in . Donal wasn't coming out then asking for the finals to be switched to down. They don't support our under age development programmes and now they have the audacity to complain because they cannot get the Athletic grounds. Come on lads fair is fair.

Now the above was a wind up ;) :D but i can just see BC and the boys rubbing the hands after reading the above waiting to get stuck into me. No but seriously  it is a disgrace the County board are once again a laughing stock. What would it take someone to open the gates and turn the lights on ffs. The county board should be doing all within their power to ensure the county champions get all the preaparation they need. There would be enough outside powers trying to ensure that the cross were defeated without our own county board adding to it. I don't think the cross are asking too much. They are really only asking for a fair crack at the whip. On another note lads are they still working on the cross pitch or is it finished?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

flog the lot

i seen the cross team training on the bridge field using their floodlights last friday evening...

umgolaarmagh

Sure the bridge is a feeder club to Cross!!!!   ;)

fitzroyalty

Clans should let them use Davitt  :P

corn02

Uusally Cross have plenty of sway with the county board, so I am surprised.

However, i think it is only fair they be allowed to train there, strange decision.

crossfire

Or is it Divot Park. ;) ;)

T O Hare

mayobridge have had the same trouble in previous years in hetting the marshes for lights... What the county board dont remember is that all clubs paid for these county grounds
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

winsamsoon

correct without the clubs there would be no pitches.

Crossfire i'll clip your lug son  ;) that is the hollow turf that was built by the hands from the good lurgan and clans folk.
Nowsdays I will have you know that we take pride in our divots. Especially the two goalmouths that can only be described as moon like. :D ;)

corn02

I see the county board have backed down. Right decision but no surprise.

winsamsoon

sense has prevailed. If you build it they will come.

Goats Do Shave

If you are doing nothing Friday night, get yourselves down to the Moy Inn, Ballyhegan Davitts are holding a Strictly Ccome Dancing evening.

Should be a laugh!

bennydorano

Quote from: thegael on November 24, 2008, 07:02:00 PM
cross are a great club but to be quite honest club football in armagh is useless and a bit like kerry in the 70 s munster was so weak they always had an easy run.

Cork won 3 Munsters and 1 All Ireland in the 70's.

IVEDECIDED

I think the county board has made a laughing stock of itself again - by letting Cross train. They obviously decided the new pitch was going to be matches only and have caved in on the first request. Now will they let anyone who asks train on it? They should have stuck to their guns. And anyway why the f**k does a team need to train under floodlights! Have cross never played under floodlights before? I think their request was ridiculous to be honest.

Off The Fence

I thought mid-term break was over!

You really dont have a clue do you?