Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Gene Creaney and his fantasy GAA... ::)

nrico2006

Just wondering if the clubs around Lurgan all have reserve sides and if so which would be most flexible with regards to training as I have a few other commitments.

Thanks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

illdecide

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2008, 05:02:32 PM
Just wondering if the clubs around Lurgan all have reserve sides and if so which would be most flexible with regards to training as I have a few other commitments.

Thanks.

clans have a "B Team" and they have never trained in their lives...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AFS

I see orchardcounty.com is a complete lost cause. After reading this on it from the guy that runs it:

Can I just remind contributors to keep within the rules. I have had to remove several comments over the past few days.

Players are not too old, too slow, too useless etc etc and people who arrange GAA events etc are not to be criticised in any way. Remember that a wide spectrum of people associated with the GAA are reading these forums including players, their relatives and senior Armagh GAA officials etc.

I know thats alot of etcetera's but KEEP IT POSITIVE

Its a pity that the place lost its balls after some people started having a go and it got shut down for a while over the Stevie McDonnell thread. Before that you used to be able to cut through the infantile gibberish to have the odd decent debate over a few things, but there's not really much point in posting over there now if you are only allowed to have a certain type of opinion. Its laughable really.  :-\

lurganblue

i gave up on that site long before the stevie mcdonell thread happened. nothing but kids who think everyone who puts on the orange jersey is a "legend" and shouldnt be criticised at all. fcuk that

under the bar

With a bit of luck the bandwagonners who jumped onto the ship from 1999-2006 will jump off again and leave the discussion to the real fans.

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on November 11, 2008, 05:17:07 PM

Thanks.

its hard enough to get 15 for a game never mind do any training. you managing next year illdecide?

bennydorano

Queens are playing DCU in the Athletic Grounds tonight @ 7.30pm. 

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on November 12, 2008, 09:34:50 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 11, 2008, 05:17:07 PM

Thanks.

its hard enough to get 15 for a game never mind do any training. you managing next year illdecide?

Lucky for you lot "No"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donagh

Quote from: illdecide on November 11, 2008, 10:11:16 AM
Lads what do you make of this North Armagh cup thingie...where the townies play the culchies. I know it's for charity so it shouldn't be dismissed but would you like something similar for you're area (this wouldn't work in south armagh as they are all culchies ;)) but i'm sure with not much to do this time of year unless your Cross it would be a bit of craic. The teams are in todays Irish News although i'm not sure why the Ballyhegan lads are in as they moved to Mid Armagh a few years ago...

Should be a regular thing as it was in the 40s/50s and with local bragging rights at stake, should be good craic.

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on November 12, 2008, 09:36:17 AM
Queens are playing DCU in the Athletic Grounds tonight @ 7.30pm. 

Might be worth a run up to.

Whacker

You going to go CORN?  heading myself, looks makings of a good game and give me a chance to see the Athletic Grounds under lights.

lurganblue

Quote from: Donagh on November 12, 2008, 12:34:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 11, 2008, 10:11:16 AM
Lads what do you make of this North Armagh cup thingie...where the townies play the culchies. I know it's for charity so it shouldn't be dismissed but would you like something similar for you're area (this wouldn't work in south armagh as they are all culchies ;)) but i'm sure with not much to do this time of year unless your Cross it would be a bit of craic. The teams are in todays Irish News although i'm not sure why the Ballyhegan lads are in as they moved to Mid Armagh a few years ago...

Should be a regular thing as it was in the 40s/50s and with local bragging rights at stake, should be good craic.

when and where is it supposed to be happening?

corn02

Possibly la, might sit and watch the Pool though. I'll give you a text later.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is that the quarter finals of the Ryan Cup? Had a text there from someone who thought it was in Newry. Will probably take a spin to it anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead