Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: The GAA on November 09, 2008, 06:07:20 PM

i wouldn't know mcdonnell but from what i hear he's a straight fella and the right man for the job. read goh's list of previous posts and you'll not be in much doubt where he's from bc.

I think he said at one stage that he was from Louth.... I presumed that he was from Shelagh/Kilkerley/Hack direction

goh4205

Quote from: The GAA on November 09, 2008, 05:19:15 PM
Quote from: goh4205 on November 08, 2008, 12:53:16 PM
surely McDonald wouldn't allow that" oh sorry, sure he doesn't pick the team AOR does", as he would most defiantly be exposed.  I think there should be a complete clean out, and this would include Francie, AOR, MOR, Enda. 

Not the first time i've heard cross lads making outrageous claims against McDonnell. co board picks the team, players pick the team, sponsor picks the team, hates cross players, etc.

would there be any annoyance round yourclub simply because you guys have no longer carte blanche over the county team any more?

I'm not from Cross GAA and it wouldn't matter if i was, the comments i made were first hand information from players on the panel, and yes before you ask some were from Cross and other were from other clubs, do you want me to name them all.
This is what the players were saying, so there not outrageous claims, sure if you know anything or mix in GAA circles you bound to have heard this. all be it there's abit added to storeies everytime its told, but this was what was happening this season.

I think McDonald is a good enough manager, but if he allows players to control the dressing room, then his cred is finished and he managerial career as well.

pintsofguinness

The GAA - did you previously post on this board under a different name?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

Very disappointing result there from Cullyhanna, didn't see the match so I can't criticise I suppose.

Though the one thing that does strike me is the fact that the team that finished 20th in the Derry league ladder is better than the team that finished 3rd in our own league. This is a pretty poor indictment of the standard of club football in the county.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on November 09, 2008, 07:59:42 PM
Very disappointing result there from Cullyhanna, didn't see the match so I can't criticise I suppose.

Though the one thing that does strike me is the fact that the team that finished 20th in the Derry league ladder is better than the team that finished 3rd in our own league. This is a pretty poor indictment of the standard of club football in the county.

Its a fair point AFS but the one thing I would say is that if we'd have produced the football that got us to 3rd in the league this year, we'd probably have won. But we didn't and Greenlough deservedly beat us.

Ironically the only close game we had in Armagh was against a side that will playing division 4 football next year. We got away with a complacent performance that day, we weren't so lucky today.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

back off the net

cullyhanna were beat by 2 points today in a game they could have taken if the right pass had to being played to  many poor decisions made in front off goal.shane lennon pulling up in the 2nd half was a big lost as he was marking there play maker st pats mid field did not get going ciaran mc keever was still very tired looking from austraila and mal mackin worked hard but nothing fell his way.dont think greenlough will win it if cullyhanna had to have turned up they would have taken it handy.
                                        trillick to win it another one for tyrone

The GAA

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2008, 07:53:31 PM

Yeah, years ago pints. doubt anyone here would remember.

that sounds like pub talk goh and i've never heard it anywhere. only complaint i've heard about him and the players is that he's very distant and doesn't communicate that well at all.

if you're not from cross goh, why is every post in your posting history either about cross players or criticising armagh's management?

goh4205

Quote from: The GAA on November 09, 2008, 08:47:16 PM

that sounds like pub talk goh and i've never heard it anywhere. only complaint i've heard about him and the players is that he's very distant and doesn't communicate that well at all.

if you're not from cross goh, why is every post in your posting history either about cross players or criticising armagh's management?
what i post on/about, is my business & if you can find another post of mine criticizing Armagh then let me see it, I just stated which is pretty much common knowledge really. regarding the pub talk jibe, I don't do it, but clearly you do, with your anti Cross views. So what club are you from just to clear the air

pintsofguinness

QuoteYeah, years ago pints. doubt anyone here would remember.
I was actually thinking of someone more recent. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Lots of complaints from Students who had to pay £12 entrance fee to Crossmaglen for the Ulster Club games.
This is most unfair as there was concessions for OAP's and quite rightly but no for Students.
Surely the GAA should be encouraging these young people to come to our games instead of driving them away by charging them £12.
Who sets these fees and can our county representatives at Ulster Council not get this changed?

AFS

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 09, 2008, 09:18:56 PM
Lots of complaints from Students who had to pay £12 entrance fee to Crossmaglen for the Ulster Club games.
This is most unfair as there was concessions for OAP's and quite rightly but no for Students.
Surely the GAA should be encouraging these young people to come to our games instead of driving them away by charging them £12.
Who sets these fees and can our county representatives at Ulster Council not get this changed?

See the thread on the main GAA section. The prices in general, but particularly for students, are ridiculous, but I'd have no sympathy with people complaining at today's game. They should have been well aware of what they were expected to pay considering the amount of publicity surrounding this subject in the last week.

KIDDO 4

Hand the gateman 10.00 sterling , often they will not refuse .

The GAA

Quote from: goh4205 on November 09, 2008, 09:00:56 PM
Quote from: The GAA on November 09, 2008, 08:47:16 PM

what i post on/about, is my business & if you can find another post of mine criticizing Armagh then let me see it, I just stated which is pretty much common knowledge really. regarding the pub talk jibe, I don't do it, but clearly you do, with your anti Cross views. So what club are you from just to clear the air

I'm from keady.

post up my "anti cross views" there like a good man...

i don't know how any of your nonsense can be common knowledge when there's only you knows it!

Quote from: goh4205 on August 10, 2008, 11:41:16 AM
It is pretty easy to look good when you have no to mark as said previous.  McGrane was on his own & I don't think he should retire, he has another left in him i think.  Regarding McConville I think the Armagh supporters don't realise it, but it will be a very long time before they have his likes again.  They only come round in a life time and for the management to treat him like they have this year was a disgrace.  If they didn't want him, why didn't they tell him at the start of the year, if one was cynical you would think they did this to embarrass or humiliate the guy.  real shame to see this guy go in the manner he has.

Quote from: goh4205 on August 10, 2008, 11:41:16 AM
Wexford are a very average team, but clear to good for this Armagh team that had no direction or idea what to do on a pitch which has massive space to avail off.

Quote from: goh4205 on August 09, 2008, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2008, 09:51:33 PM
tommy andy mallon is a fine player would get on any team, but would the rest? mckeever isn't great when he's on pace and i thought banville gave him the run around today.kernan is great going forward but as seen against vincents earlier in the year ,isn;t a great defender and his tackling technique isn;t good and because of it he gives away frees. He's a talior made half forward who is accurate and why armagh don't play him there is beyond me. Bellew did well until the end in fairness but dropping back your half forward line is a futile exercise unless they have the gas to get upand support the front two and armagh paid for that today.

Couldn't agree more Indiana, very true post, so what does that tell you about the management that Armagh have.

Quote from: goh4205 on August 09, 2008, 10:00:00 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on August 09, 2008, 06:20:47 PM
Very surprised at that result, the quality of Ulster football this Championship season has been abysmal.  Armagh's midfield disappeared when it counted, their half-forward line was shite and Bellew surely should have been switched off Forde before the end although he did well in the first half.  Would expect a few off their elder statesmen to retire now although they should do all they can to persuade Aidan O'Rourke to stay, he had a very good game today I thought.
it's pretty easy to look good when you have no one to mark. the reason Armagh had no half forward line was they were back covering for Aidan & this has been the system of play all season.  It was always going to work on wet mucky & small pitches, but on bigger parks it told the story today.  There is no doubting his pacing ability, but he has no pace, never had, and I think he should think carefully about returning next year. All said, what has McDonnell brought to this Armagh Camp, NOTHING in my opinion, he is stuck in the same old system that Kernan & Grimley developed when no one else understood it & he was expecting older lads to play the same system of play when they hadend the fitness or the legs for it. Maybe Armagh should have gone with Grimley & McGeeney at least the players would have their heart in it, as it clear didn't look that way today.
That said Wexford had their homework done & deserved their win, Armagh will be back, they have the strength coming through, more so than any of the other Ulster teams that have showed up this year.

umgolaarmagh

Was not at any of the games today but the third most consistent SENIOR team in armagh this year (Cullyhanna) is beat by an intermediate second division football team from Derry

Any body any opinions on this?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on November 09, 2008, 11:31:08 PM
Was not at any of the games today but the third most consistent SENIOR team in armagh this year (Cullyhanna) is beat by an intermediate second division football team from Derry

Any body any opinions on this?

Yes. Go back one page.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead