Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

have to say Benny does a lot of charity work and i would be shocked if he charged for a charity night.

crossfire

Equalling the record set by Ballina ( 1904 to 1916 ) was a massive achievement by our team. The team and management deserve all our praise as it takes massive commitment to keep the momentum going.
our appreciation also goes to the players who contributed along the way and are now retired such as Broken crossbar 1. Without their contribution this record could not have been reached.
It will be a great relief to the present players to have achieved the 13 in a row, for despite what they were saying i am sure they would not have liked to have fallen short of Ballina's record.
Cross can now boast that no team has won more consecutive County titles than they have regardless of what happens next year. However i am sure that they will be very determined next year to get number 14 and thus hold the record outright.

With a bit of luck we can do that and then we wont really care who wins it in 2010  ;).

fitzroyalty

any word on how pauls/ballyhegan finished up

Broken_Cross

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 26, 2008, 04:17:32 PM

Davitts hung on to end...

HT - St. Pauls 0-0 - Ballyhegan 0-7

FT - St. Paul 0-6 - Ballyheagan 0-8

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Broken_Cross on October 26, 2008, 05:48:32 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 26, 2008, 04:17:32 PM

Davitts hung on to end...

HT - St. Pauls 0-0 - Ballyhegan 0-7

FT - St. Paul 0-6 - Ballyheagan 0-8

Ballyhegan were super in the first half, very dominant in midfield with Paul Courtney excelling, in the absence of Paul McGrane.
2nd half though St Pauls came out a different team, got on top in midfield & created plenty of scoring chances. The loss of Full Forward Mark Hughes, along with some very wayward shooting from centre forward Paddy McKeever allowed the Lurgan men back in it and left an exciting finish to the game.

It's never straightforward with Ballyhegan!

Super win for the Davitt's to set up some intriguing contests next year, back in Division 2, v Harps, Maghery & Portydown!!!  ;D

QuoteBallinascreen in Derry.

I though Killyman or Dungannon Clarkes was your team?  ;)

Broken_Cross

Super win for the Davitt's to set up some intriguing contests next year, back in Division 2, v Harps, Maghery & Portydown!!!  ;D

Aye, I'd say Tiffney's & Co will get a 'nice' welcome when they return to Tir na Og...

laceer

crossfire

There hasn't been much activity on this thread this past week. ............Jaysus it's a long wake.  :) :)

winsamsoon

It is the of season for most of us Crossfire  :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

rootthemout

irish news today has mattie lennon stepping down as armagh hurling manager,done a lot for armagh hurling in his three years in charge,sure the players are disappointed.

thebandit

Quote from: MrTaylor on October 24, 2008, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 23, 2008, 02:56:57 PM
Our club have a corporate event coming up and they are trying to get an MC for the night.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I hear Benny Tierney is good...can anyone confirm this? Or if anyone would have contact details for Tierney please PM me.

Thanks

Jarlath Burns is very good as an MC as is your County PRO Gerry Donnelly.

His comment at a county board fundraiser a few years ago about there being no legitimate businesses in Culloville was particularly funny  >:(

corn02

Quote from: rootthemout on October 28, 2008, 01:36:18 PM
irish news today has mattie lennon stepping down as armagh hurling manager,done a lot for armagh hurling in his three years in charge,sure the players are disappointed.

Yeah, surprised to see it as the team was moving in the right direction. Seemed a good guy and there is plenty of talent thee. He certainly has set the ball rolling.

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: thebandit on October 29, 2008, 11:35:13 AM
Quote from: MrTaylor on October 24, 2008, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 23, 2008, 02:56:57 PM
Our club have a corporate event coming up and they are trying to get an MC for the night.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I hear Benny Tierney is good...can anyone confirm this? Or if anyone would have contact details for Tierney please PM me.

Thanks

Jarlath Burns is very good as an MC as is your County PRO Gerry Donnelly.

His comment at a county board fundraiser a few years ago about there being no legitimate businesses in Culloville was particularly funny  >:(

Benny & Mr Burns are v good alrite. i no them and every body has a good word of them except Benny has bad maners sometimes.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

AFS

Quote from: corn02 on October 29, 2008, 02:00:13 PM

Yeah, surprised to see it as the team was moving in the right direction. Seemed a good guy and there is plenty of talent thee. He certainly has set the ball rolling.

I think the fact that there has only been 2 or 3 posts on here on the subject of his resignation highlights how good a job he did in a county with such a dearth of hurling enthusiasm. Fair play to him, he more than did his bit for hurling in the county and I think we can only hope he is replaced by someone with somewhere near the same level of dedication.

corn02

Quote from: AFS on October 29, 2008, 04:24:39 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 29, 2008, 02:00:13 PM

I think the fact that there has only been 2 or 3 posts on here on the subject of his resignation highlights how good a job he did in a county with such a dearth of hurling enthusiasm. Fair play to him, he more than did his bit for hurling in the county and I think we can only hope he is replaced by someone with somewhere near the same level of dedication.

Was thinking the same, although the board is quiet. Of course, he was involved in the All Ireland U21 football win as well. There is a young talented team there and it is hard to know who will come in. Lennon always seemed very genuine.