Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbles

The gaelic field/ athletic grounds WAS originally the pearse ogs field and had to be sold to the county board

Candyman

winsamsoon

Someone said this happened in the early 90's ??? I was just wondering because i wasn't sure how with the new setup things would work for the ogs. So there will be no club team playing on the Athletic grounds so it won't be reverting back to the way it was before it was done up.

Another question for you lads?? Do the og's still have their clubhouse down beside the Athletic grounds?? It is years since i have been down that way.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The Iceman

clubhouse is still there
all done up too - nice spot

I remember when it was blown up - my da lost heart in the place after that
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bennydorano

Quote from: The Iceman on October 17, 2008, 04:01:30 PM
clubhouse is still there
all done up too - nice spot

I remember when it was blown up - my da lost heart in the place after that
The Ceannarus was blown up - the Club never was AFAIK, the club used to be at the St Brigid's end and was burned down accidentally and rebuilt close to the Ceannarus.  Joe Houlahan gets dogs abuse to this day about his indoor barbecues  :D

The Gaelic Field was used by Harps and Ogs for a long time, I think the Ogs did get sole ownership at some point.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteHeart Cross, heads not sure yet.  Will Og's be driven by past failures to undo some of their perceived injustices?  Will they use the feel good factor from Clarkie's All Star to motivate them even further?  Will Cross be Cross and drive on in a final like they always do or will the pressure of the magnitude of teh game get to some of them?  If the minors win, which they could, will they build on the confidence that they garner from that and win it out?  So many variables!!!

Come on BC, you're taking the amatuer kidology a bit far there. Clarke's All Star is hardly going to be a factor, nor is the minor match!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

full back

Cullyhanna IMHO have a stronger team so I am going to go for them by 3/4 points.
Mind you the luck has hung out of Culloville so far this year (Tones games, referee decision against Bridge)

If Cross perform the way they did against Clans they will blow the Ogs away. Think the Ogs will play better than they did last year but still fancy Cross by 2

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on October 17, 2008, 02:23:52 PM
Quote from: bubbles on October 17, 2008, 02:13:28 PM
The county board own the athletic grounds. Pearse Og Park is the home of the ogs now. There has been a great deal of developement to it and still more to come. I believe the ogs had to sell the athletic grounds to the county board in the early nineties and then had to pay some sort of fee to play on it due to struggling financially. they therefore had no pitch of their own throughout that time.

Pearse Og never owned the Athletic Grounds

The Ogs Had to sell the Athletic Grounds to the county board in the early 90's (as Bubbles said) due to financial difficulties.

There have been plans passed for a new stand and changing rooms at Ballycrummy which the Ogs have on long term lease with the option of buying once the lease has expired.

The Ogs Clubs house burned down and has been replaced at a different location on the Dalton Road end beside the Ceannaras

crossfire

Quote from: full back on October 17, 2008, 01:19:10 PM
Have Cross a full panel to choose from bc?

Apart from Brendan "Skinney" Mc Keown who has a long term injury. the only player not able to start is SK.
David and Oisin are apparently fit and available for selection

Despite not playing at our best in the semi final i still expect us to shade it against Ogs provided we limit the supply of ball going into RC.
The Ogs posters have hardly mentioned the game at all compared to last year ;)

bennydorano

Ogs +5 at Evens with Paddypower is tempting.  Haven't seen any prices about town.

The Iceman

sorry I should have clarified - I didn't mean that the club house was burned down

My da was a Handballer - never set foot back when their own blew the place up

Best of luck to all the Ogs lads on Sunday - hopefully the town gives you the support you deserve and all the boys play their hearts out
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Smokin Joe

What time is the Intermediate final on at today - 3.30?

armaghniac

Good luck to Dromintee with their game forr worthy cause, alas I cannot attend this or the other events on a busy weekend in Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 17, 2008, 04:31:18 PM
QuoteHeart Cross, heads not sure yet.  Will Og's be driven by past failures to undo some of their perceived injustices?  Will they use the feel good factor from Clarkie's All Star to motivate them even further?  Will Cross be Cross and drive on in a final like they always do or will the pressure of the magnitude of teh game get to some of them?  If the minors win, which they could, will they build on the confidence that they garner from that and win it out?  So many variables!!!

Come on BC, you're taking the amatuer kidology a bit far there. Clarke's All Star is hardly going to be a factor, nor is the minor match!

I completely disagree TAC.  Are you trying to tell me that Clark will not be super confident after he has won an All Star?  Confident players play well and bring up the level of the players around him.  He is their main force and if he has a good game that will go a long way to helping them win. 

As regards the minore, I can't comment on your own club, but I know in Cross there is a very strong link between all the teams.  There will be a big lift to the seniors to keep the winning going if the minors also win.  I am not being smart here but the links betwene the teams is one of the reasons behind our success.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 18, 2008, 11:26:10 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 17, 2008, 04:31:18 PM

I completely disagree TAC.  Are you trying to tell me that Clark will not be super confident after he has won an All Star?  Confident players play well and bring up the level of the players around him.  He is their main force and if he has a good game that will go a long way to helping them win. 

As regards the minore, I can't comment on your own club, but I know in Cross there is a very strong link between all the teams.  There will be a big lift to the seniors to keep the winning going if the minors also win.  I am not being smart here but the links betwene the teams is one of the reasons behind our success.

I don't think Clarke's All Star will have a huge impact. No more than say Kernan getting picked for the Ireland team. Pearse Ógs won't win because they don't have enough quality players to go alongside Clarke, albeit that Ronan will be the best footballer on this pitch.

And you're suggesting that Cross might be overawed by a county final?! Come on, you don't seriously expect us to believe that?! If Cross don't take Ógs for granted, they will win.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead