Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2008, 10:24:25 AM
Heart Cross, heads not sure yet.  Will Og's be driven by past failures to undo some of their perceived injustices?  Will they use the feel good factor from Clarkie's All Star to motivate them even further?  Will Cross be Cross and drive on in a final like they always do or will the pressure of the magnitude of teh game get to some of them?  If the minors win, which they could, will they build on the confidence that they garner from that and win it out?  So many variables!!!

On an aside to the whole thing, a fact came out of the semis that I doubt if too many here have realised in regards to the all new Athletic Grounds.  Cross were not able to tog out in the changing rooms of the wonderful new facility.  There are 4 dressing rooms and no referees room, therefore the ref had to change in one of the rooms.  Cross togged out in Callinbridge, did their warm up and arrived tooged out.  They had no changing room as the other game wasn't finished.  This is a disgrace that this can happen at a place where so much money has been invested.  The whole lot should have been sold 10 years ago to a developer, as was suggested at the time, and a new greenfield site developed.  The visionaries that are the county board threw this back and although it may seem like a great venture it is well short of requirements yet.

Cross minors by 2

Cross seniors by 3

It was the same for Ná Claírsígh. BTW there are now only 2 dressing rooms as the previous 4 were too small so they knocked 2 into 1 on each side. There is also a referees room, where our players had to use the only toilet available.....  :-\

BenDover

We were in the changing rooms the Thursday night before your game Candyman and all the facilities were working fine then, maybe a bit of scullduggery between the thurs and the sunday

Candyman

I would suggest the fact that both Pearse Og and Killeavy were in the changing rooms at the time had something to do with it...
I didnt say the facilities were not working, I stated the referee's toilet was the ONLY 1 available at that time!!  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Candyman on October 17, 2008, 12:18:35 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2008, 10:24:25 AM
Heart Cross, heads not sure yet.  Will Og's be driven by past failures to undo some of their perceived injustices?  Will they use the feel good factor from Clarkie's All Star to motivate them even further?  Will Cross be Cross and drive on in a final like they always do or will the pressure of the magnitude of teh game get to some of them?  If the minors win, which they could, will they build on the confidence that they garner from that and win it out?  So many variables!!!

On an aside to the whole thing, a fact came out of the semis that I doubt if too many here have realised in regards to the all new Athletic Grounds.  Cross were not able to tog out in the changing rooms of the wonderful new facility.  There are 4 dressing rooms and no referees room, therefore the ref had to change in one of the rooms.  Cross togged out in Callinbridge, did their warm up and arrived tooged out.  They had no changing room as the other game wasn't finished.  This is a disgrace that this can happen at a place where so much money has been invested.  The whole lot should have been sold 10 years ago to a developer, as was suggested at the time, and a new greenfield site developed.  The visionaries that are the county board threw this back and although it may seem like a great venture it is well short of requirements yet.

Cross minors by 2

Cross seniors by 3

It was the same for Ná Claírsígh. BTW there are now only 2 dressing rooms as the previous 4 were too small so they knocked 2 into 1 on each side. There is also a referees room, where our players had to use the only toilet available.....  :-\

It's worse than I thought then.  This field is not fit for a double header of any kind whenever this is the state of play.  On Sunday, obviously Cross Minors and seniors can use one room, but will Harps and the Ogs share as well? 

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2008, 12:40:31 PM

It's worse than I thought then.  This field is not fit for a double header of any kind whenever this is the state of play.  On Sunday, obviously Cross Minors and seniors can use one room, but will Harps and the Ogs share as well? 

Share the spoils?  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 17, 2008, 12:50:16 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2008, 12:40:31 PM

Share the spoils?  ;)

maybe?? :P

full back

Have Cross a full panel to choose from bc?

BenDover

I'm sure if youse hada asked nicely Candyman The Ogs woulda let ye's use their toilets, the sight of a few Harpsmen kacking themselves would bring a smile to anyones face  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: full back on October 17, 2008, 01:19:10 PM
Have Cross a full panel to choose from bc?

Haven't been speaking to anyone this week.  There were a few doubts at the weekend so don't know if they have cleared up yet.  Don't think David will be fit to start though.

winsamsoon

Can someone explain to me the involvement of the og's and the new athletic grounds. Do the og's own it?? will they be returning to it as there home pitch??? If so what will happen to Ballycrummy??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 17, 2008, 01:58:47 PM
Can someone explain to me the involvement of the og's and the new athletic grounds. Do the og's own it?? will they be returning to it as there home pitch??? If so what will happen to Ballycrummy??

Pearse Og never had a pitch of their own and always used the athletic grounds for home games. They then got hold of Ballycrummy on long term lease and that is their home venue.

BenDover

AFAIK the Ogs are committed to Ballycrummy for the long term and are planning on developing permanent changing facilities at some stage. The County Board own the Athletic grounds and always have i think, years ago because the Ogs had no 'home' pitch the gaelic field was declared as our home venue

bubbles

The county board own the athletic grounds. Pearse Og Park is the home of the ogs now. There has been a great deal of developement to it and still more to come. I believe the ogs had to sell the athletic grounds to the county board in the early nineties and then had to pay some sort of fee to play on it due to struggling financially. they therefore had no pitch of their own throughout that time.

Candyman

Quote from: bubbles on October 17, 2008, 02:13:28 PM
The county board own the athletic grounds. Pearse Og Park is the home of the ogs now. There has been a great deal of developement to it and still more to come. I believe the ogs had to sell the athletic grounds to the county board in the early nineties and then had to pay some sort of fee to play on it due to struggling financially. they therefore had no pitch of their own throughout that time.

Pearse Og never owned the Athletic Grounds

corn02

Lads just re: Athletic Ground problems. I know they are pretty inexcusable but let's not be too harsh. Teething problems and hopefully it gets sorted. A new site should always have been developed but it wasn't and were stuck with. It may have taken far too long but at least things are going the right direction, hopefully the final touches will be added.