Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on October 16, 2008, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: illdecide on October 16, 2008, 09:25:08 AM
Quote from: crossfire on October 15, 2008, 09:31:43 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on October 15, 2008, 03:43:44 PM
Goats when you say that the Athletic grounds will be an advantage to the Og, do you mean in comparison to the Cross having a home game ???

Clans didn't make much use of the neutral venue in Cruppen this year.  ::)

It wouldn't have mattered if the game was in Davitt Park and we had 18 men playing we would still have lost the way Cross played that day and God help the Ogs if they decide to play like that on Sunday...

i iwas to be harsh ID i would say they played as well as they were let

Well then Uladh you have it sussed...fair play to ya, i knew you were good but where did you pull that one from...P McDonnell watch you're job...Uladh is coming to get you
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: crossfire on October 16, 2008, 12:07:18 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 16, 2008, 10:00:11 AM

Good luuck to the Coco & Co on Sunday, dont let Cross steal another one!

Sour Grapes ??? ???
Think it's in reference to the minors.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: bennydorano on October 16, 2008, 12:55:37 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 16, 2008, 12:07:18 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 16, 2008, 10:00:11 AM

Good luuck to the Coco & Co on Sunday, dont let Cross steal another one!

Sour Grapes ??? ???
Think it's in reference to the minors.

I was thinkin that myself

winsamsoon

And they say it is us that always bring up the clans i'll decide???. Some of you guys can't stop talking about them.  Oh and Uladh i have no idea what that last post of yours was supposed to say.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

RealSpiritof98

4 of the Harps minors can actually win the championship double when the minor hurling final is on next saturday. Just wondering if the double has been done before?

ogshead

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 16, 2008, 08:18:53 PM
4 of the Harps minors can actually win the championship double when the minor hurling final is on next saturday. Just wondering if the double has been done before?

Know the ogs won 3 minors in a row in the early eighties when hurling was still strong... possibly a few of them could have won doubles

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 16, 2008, 05:58:54 PM
And they say it is us that always bring up the clans i'll decide???. Some of you guys can't stop talking about them.  Oh and Uladh i have no idea what that last post of yours was supposed to say.

As is customary, the Clans are only cited as an example of what not to do...

back off the net

going to the cullyhanna game on saturday in armagh it should be a good game off football.weather wise it gives showers but not to be as bad as sunday.if cullyhanna are winning coming near the end they will win it they are a team that fights to the end i seen them play alot this year as good a cullyhanna team i have seen in a long while just want to wish steven conor and martin all the best for saturday GOOD LUCK..........

fcuksake

Good Luck to Harps Minors on Sunday
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

As is customary, the Clans are only cited as an example of what not to do...
[/quote]

You really should learn to get over the anxiety you clearly have at the past successes of the clans Uladh. The obsession you have is really really pityful in many ways. Hating a team that much, that you feel you have to refer to them at every opportunity on every subject is pathetic. It is a bit like Pints with the cullyhanna team.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Heart Cross, heads not sure yet.  Will Og's be driven by past failures to undo some of their perceived injustices?  Will they use the feel good factor from Clarkie's All Star to motivate them even further?  Will Cross be Cross and drive on in a final like they always do or will the pressure of the magnitude of teh game get to some of them?  If the minors win, which they could, will they build on the confidence that they garner from that and win it out?  So many variables!!!

On an aside to the whole thing, a fact came out of the semis that I doubt if too many here have realised in regards to the all new Athletic Grounds.  Cross were not able to tog out in the changing rooms of the wonderful new facility.  There are 4 dressing rooms and no referees room, therefore the ref had to change in one of the rooms.  Cross togged out in Callinbridge, did their warm up and arrived tooged out.  They had no changing room as the other game wasn't finished.  This is a disgrace that this can happen at a place where so much money has been invested.  The whole lot should have been sold 10 years ago to a developer, as was suggested at the time, and a new greenfield site developed.  The visionaries that are the county board threw this back and although it may seem like a great venture it is well short of requirements yet.

Cross minors by 2

Cross seniors by 3

billy the kid

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 15, 2008, 06:54:32 PM
Cross by 4+ unfortunately I think. Don't see the Athletic Grounds as ebing anything more than the slightest of advantages for Ógs, and certainly not to the same extent as games in Cross suited Rangers. Wasn't overly impressed by the Ógs against Killeavy and I don't think Cross have really gotten out of 3rd gear yet.

I agree Tac.  Ogs looked pretty average in the semi against a very very poor killeavey team that they struggled to put away despite the amout of possession they had. Killeavey were still in with a shout right up until the end and if S McDonnell had taken one of those goal chances it could have been a very different story.  Only R Clarke, who was on fire that day, Mc kinney and A Mallon looked better than the very poor opposition they were facing.

I honestly think Cross have still another gear or 2 in them and as much as Ogs winning would help the game in Armagh they have problems at mid-field and what do they do if clarke isnt scoring 1-5 or 1-6? They dont have enough ascoring forwards from what Ive seen of them and I think Cross will win but it will be tighter than last year...I hope.

Ps. Hope OGs fans dont start that booing and jeering they were at in the semi, when opposition are hitting frees, its not soccer and there is no place for that crap in our games. I have only ever heard that rubbish twice before and it was from Monaghan supporters who are usually mouths with no manners, both times.  
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

full back

Has the injuries that Cross had cleared up?
Will Mc Kenna & Oisin start?

MrTaylor

Happened in 1981, 1982 and 1983. Ógs and Cúchulainns both won three in a row. A lot of guys from that period have three football and three hurling.

Is minor final definitely next Saturday, and what is venue?

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: MrTaylor on October 17, 2008, 11:09:42 AM

Happened in 1981, 1982 and 1983. Ógs and Cúchulainns both won three in a row. A lot of guys from that period have three football and three hurling.

Is minor final definitely next Saturday, and what is venue?

The venue has still to be arranged but I think the Athletic Grounds has been Marked for it. It on next Saturday but if the Harps Minors draw then it could be put back. Middletown are big favourates, but we'll see what happens.