Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

charlie stubbs

The only reason the 2 clubs were in different leagues, is because we play without our county men for the majority of the season.

It was also a last minute goal that won that game for the tones... there must have been a few sweating!
[/quote]

still a ridiculous price to have a team 4/1 against a team a division below imo

charlie stubbs

much in the senior game will depend on the mf battle.  cross where poor in this sector against harps but on paper you would say that ogs wouldnt have the strongest or most settled midfield.  i think that cross will have learnt alot from the semi final and invariably whenever you start to doubt them the come back to bight you.  will be interesting to see how they deal with clarke though as morrison gave bellew a torrid time the last day and clarke is a different animal.   cross by 4

saw cullyhanna in the semi against sarsfields was very impressed seemed a very fit and well drilled team.  saw culloville against the tones twice mcgeeney is a good chf and 2 corner forwards caused problems.  they seemed very one dimensional though get the ball in high and early though it worked for them as we have 2 young corner backs who lack height.  cullaville seem to have a poor enough full back line and didnt seem to overlike the physcal stuff.  on the performances i have seen i would say cullyhanna at a canter but championship football not like that and they will want to re-write last years wrongs.  cullyhanna by 3 though and should give ulster a good rattle to boot

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross by 4+ unfortunately I think. Don't see the Athletic Grounds as ebing anything more than the slightest of advantages for Ógs, and certainly not to the same extent as games in Cross suited Rangers. Wasn't overly impressed by the Ógs against Killeavy and I don't think Cross have really gotten out of 3rd gear yet.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Diet Coke

Congrats to Ronan on his second All Star.....I think Cross will win comfortably....1-15   0-8.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

umgolaarmagh

Well Done Clarkey

I can see the ogs beating Cross by 5/6 points

Cullyhanna should win the Intermediate

crossfire

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 15, 2008, 03:43:44 PM
Goats when you say that the Athletic grounds will be an advantage to the Og, do you mean in comparison to the Cross having a home game ???

Clans didn't make much use of the neutral venue in Cruppen this year.  ::)

pats-mc

Cross comfortably for me with 5 or six points to spare. I dont think that the Ogs will be able to get enough ball into their forwards.

The intermediate should be a cracker. I saw both games between Cullyhanna and Culloville this season and one was a close tight game with both sides almost af full strength which the blues won. the other was and end of season fixture which the pats won comfortably with Culloville understrength.Big danger for Cullyhanna is a good Culloville forward line. If our fellas play to their best however though i think we can win. Getting that best performance has always been tough for us in finals.

BenDover

Well done to Clarke!!

Hopefully he adds his 1st senior c'ship medal this wkend, I'll take the Ogs by 3, it'll take one hell of a team effort but it can be done.
Playing Cross outside of Cross def should be a weight of the shoulders of the Ogs boys. Roll on Sunday!!!

illdecide

Quote from: crossfire on October 15, 2008, 09:31:43 PM
Goats when you say that the Athletic grounds will be an advantage to the Og, do you mean in comparison to the Cross having a home game ???

It wouldn't have mattered if the game was in Davitt Park and we had 18 men playing we would still have lost the way Cross played that day and God help the Ogs if they decide to play like that on Sunday...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

Congratulations to Ronan on his Second Allstar, totally deserved noone can argue,

On Sundays game, lets hope its a brilliant game, with the 2 best teams in the county over this past few years going head to head. I hope the Ogs win and dont let cross get on top in the early exchanges otherwise they will will romp home. I seen the Ogs against Granemore and one thing they will need to improve on is their Discipline, there was 2/3 occasions when the ref carried the ball for boys giving off to the ref, against cross they cant afford to do this, they will crucified for it.

Best of luck to the Ogs
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

RealSpiritof98

Well done to the big man on the allstar, (cant believe he's not going to oz)

Good luuck to the Coco & Co on Sunday, dont let Cross steal another one!

Uladh

Quote from: illdecide on October 16, 2008, 09:25:08 AM
Quote from: crossfire on October 15, 2008, 09:31:43 PM

It wouldn't have mattered if the game was in Davitt Park and we had 18 men playing we would still have lost the way Cross played that day and God help the Ogs if they decide to play like that on Sunday...

i iwas to be harsh ID i would say they played as well as they were let

Candyman

Quote from: Candyman on October 15, 2008, 12:17:41 PM
Crossmaglen 1/6
Draw           10/1                 (Paddy Power Betting)
Pearse Og    9/2

I'll take XMG by 4.

Boylesports

Crossmaglen 1/4
Draw           9/1
Pearse Og    7/2

A wee shift in the thinking here??

crossfire

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 16, 2008, 10:00:11 AM

Good luuck to the Coco & Co on Sunday, dont let Cross steal another one!

Sour Grapes ??? ???