Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2008, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 14, 2008, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: full back on October 13, 2008, 12:45:01 PM
Quote from: Candyman on October 13, 2008, 12:41:10 PM
Thats fairly cut from the 1/14 they were at the semi stage!!  :o

That would tell you the difference between the Harps & the Ogs ;)
Funny the bookies had Cruppen and Mullaghbawn both down as favourites against the Harps as well, you know what that would tell me?  That the bookies know f**k all about club football, bit like yourself horse.

would agree with that. i remember last year in lurgan they had the tones at 4/1 to beat ballyhegan and they where the division above them.  fair few punters got on eventually got backed in to 5/2 we won by 2 points

The only reason the 2 clubs were in different leagues, is because we play without our county men for the majority of the season.

It was also a last minute goal that won that game for the tones... there must have been a few sweating!

Kentucky Blue

any other predictions on the intermediate final?

Winners will meet the derry winners Greenlough in the first round of Ulster.

Sidelined

Cullyhanna by four.
Culloville look tired and may have used all their luck to get past Lissummon, Tones and Silverbridge. Should be a great game.

Candyman

Crossmaglen 1/6
Draw           10/1                 (Paddy Power Betting)
Pearse Og    9/2

I'll take XMG by 4.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

bennydorano

I'd say Cross got their wake up call in the semi and will win fairly handily.  Cross by 5 & Cullyhanna by at least 3

Candyman

Thats my think also Benny.
Hank has Ogs by 2, if anything it'll be the bare minimum....

armaghniac

Cross are less likely to be beaten in the final than in an earlier round. They may have been a touch complacent against Harps because of the margin against Clan na Geal, but will not be so this time.  St Pats to shade the Intermediate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: armaghniac on October 15, 2008, 02:43:37 PM
Cross are less likely to be beaten in the final than in an earlier round. They may have been a touch complacent against Harps because of the margin against Clan na Geal, but will not be so this time.  St Pats to shade the Intermediate.

Playing in the Athletic Grounds has to be advantage to the Ogs. Could be a tight one if the Ogs play inteligently, and give everything!

Final Whistle

depends what time the drumarg residents light their fires!!lol.

Harold Disgracey

Congrats to Ronan Clarke on the All Star.

winsamsoon

Goats when you say that the Athletic grounds will be an advantage to the Og, do you mean in comparison to the Cross having a home game ???

I couldn't think of any other way in which the Athletics grounds would benefit them. If anything it would suit the Cross more because it isn't the widest or longest of pitches so this would tend to suit the more physical team, which would be cross. I would have thought the Og's would have benifitted more from a larger pitch because what i have seen they would have more pace.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

The Ogs players will see it as a home game. They've all had underage success on that field!

& yes it's not in Cross!

billy the kid

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 15, 2008, 02:49:58 PM
depends what time the drumarg residents light their fires!!lol.

Do they still make human sacrifices on a Sunday afternoon?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!