Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 13, 2008, 11:27:44 AM
Madden defeated Ballyhegan yesterday in Madden, by 3 points.

Davitt's were the better team in the first half, with Paul McGrane superb in midfield. However, Madden got back into things in midfield in the second half, and the set pieces of Joe Feeney (Who was well shackled in normal play by Conor Morgan) proved decisive.

Mark Hughes hit the cross bar, near the end for the Davitts, and with some better descions in attack & a bit of luck and the outcome could have been a draw, which would have been a fair result IMO.

Ballyhegan need to avoid defeat against St Pauls next week to get promoted! - It would be nice to meet Portydown, Maghery & Harps next year!!

Would be good to get a rattle at the twins alrite...  ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 13, 2008, 11:27:44 AM
Madden defeated Ballyhegan yesterday in Madden, by 3 points.

Davitt's were the better team in the first half, with Paul McGrane superb in midfield. However, Madden got back into things in midfield in the second half, and the set pieces of Joe Feeney (Who was well shackled in normal play by Conor Morgan) proved decisive.

Mark Hughes hit the cross bar, near the end for the Davitts, and with some better descions in attack & a bit of luck and the outcome could have been a draw, which would have been a fair result IMO.

Ballyhegan need to avoid defeat against St Pauls next week to get promoted! - It would be nice to meet Portydown, Maghery & Harps next year!!

Have Madden won div 3 then?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Candyman

Any betting for the Co. Final lads??

RealSpiritof98

Cross 1/6

Pogs 7/2

With Boylesports, Not a bad price for the ogs, might be interested in a big smoke double ;) instead of the cross double

Candyman

Thats fairly cut from the 1/14 they were at the semi stage!!  :o

full back

Quote from: Candyman on October 13, 2008, 12:41:10 PM
Thats fairly cut from the 1/14 they were at the semi stage!!  :o

That would tell you the difference between the Harps & the Ogs ;)

Candyman

full back

RealSpiritof98

What do you think seriously Candyman.

I feel the Ogs have a great chance to topple the mighty Cross, if they can bypass midfield with Mckinney's accurate short kickouts and feed both Ronan and JJ with quality ball then they have every opportunity. On the otherhand just when you think there is a chink in the cross armour they come back and bite you in the ass. Hard one to call but I feel for the sake of Armagh Football a Pearse Ogs victory (as much as we will hear about it) >:( is needed more that a 13th Cross title.

Candyman

CATCH 22 situation:

I would love someone to stop Cross but don't want it to be the arch enemy...
To be honest I cant see Og's beating them, Cross will have known they got away with it in the semi and will rectify their mistakes. Pearse Og have no midfield worth talking about and if they have to move RC outfield to bolster that area they will have far less fire power up front!!

On the other hand XMG's full back line is suspect and if KK and Ming Morrisson can do damage there what can Ronan Clarke do?? ???

Goats Do Shave

Have Madden won div 3 then?

Yup... they won it last week.

winsamsoon

Candyman were Cross 1/14 to win the championship before the Harps game or was that the betting just to beat the Harps????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

That was the betting just for the Harps game!!
Think Harps were 8/1...

back off the net

its just a pitty cullyhanna does not meet the bridge so we would all see a blood bath.lucky for the bridge they dont meet cullyhanna ha ha ha   ;D

pintsofguinness

Quotepog before you make cheat comments about Hearty, you should look at the referee in your own club
Nonsense, he's one of the best in the county.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?