Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 12, 2008, 07:44:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 07:25:59 PM
When's the last time you seen it applied AE?

It happened me last year for jumping as the player took the kick.  The ref move the ball to a more central position and the free was taken again.  I dont do that anymore   :(
Depends on the ref and the mood he's in probably - like so many gaa rules  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

Pints it would appear that the Silverbridge management stepped down last night.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 12, 2008, 09:00:13 PM
For certain?  I'm just off the phone to someone at home and they hadn't heard anything on the management?
If it's true it's a pity, they two boys have served us well. 

I wonder will Ciaran Conlon fulfill his promise and look to return?

Legs11

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2008, 09:13:24 PM
Having read the posts, Silverbridge were robbed.
yes they were robbed but at the end of the day its nite:L so lets jus hope 4 a good final....... young fella bellew had some game...best of luck 2 cullaville ne way....

Bomber

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 09:11:22 PM
For certain?  I'm just off the phone to someone at home and they hadn't heard anything on the management?

Does he not play because he doesn't get on with the management? How long has he not being playing football. Will be hard to get back into it again if he's been out a good while. He was very good in his younger days. What age is he now?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Bomber on October 12, 2008, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 09:11:22 PM

Does he not play because he doesn't get on with the management? How long has he not being playing football. Will be hard to get back into it again if he's been out a good while. He was very good in his younger days. What age is he now?

He'd be 22 now - should be coming into his prime and by some distance the best player to have come through Silverbridge in recent years. He hasn't been "out of it" as such - been playing away in Dundalk. The word was he'd be heading back to the Bridge once the current management left the set up. I suppose he has the winter to decide now. Supremely talented footballer, just a wee bit too injury prone to really make it at the top level.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

What tacadoir said - but tac he suffered that bad injury at minor and done very well to come back - I can only remember him missing one game while he was playing senior due to injury.  I dont know if he's had any injuries while he's been in dundalk.  I wouldnt describe him as injury prone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 09:40:43 PM
What tacadoir said - but tac he suffered that bad injury at minor and done very well to come back - I can only remember him missing one game while he was playing senior due to injury.  I dont know if he's had any injuries while he's been in dundalk.  I wouldnt describe him as injury prone.

Probably better to say he was maybe never quite the same after the injury then. Certainly he was the sort of player who you woulda thought coulda been challenging for the Armagh set up by now.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 12, 2008, 09:50:00 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 09:40:43 PM

Probably better to say he was maybe never quite the same after the injury then. Certainly he was the sort of player who you woulda thought coulda been challenging for the Armagh set up by now.
Yeah...maybe if he had to stay with us - he might be a bit on the small side though and the biggest obstacle of all, unfortunately, is/was his attitude imo.

full back

pog before you make cheat comments about Hearty, you should look at the referee in your own club :-\
Let he who is without sin and all that craic

Bridge were very unlucky on Sat evening. One of the strangest decisions I have ever seen at such an important time by the ref. The Culloville lads had their hands in their heads as they thought Hatzer had missed the free & speaking to people, no one had actually seen the lad jump in front of the kicker. Thought the Bridge were the better team throughout the 60 mins, but I felt it would be hard for such young team to come back from that in extra time.
Think the Hatzers scored almost everything for Culloville.
Shane O Neill was very very good in the middle. Before the game I rated Mc Garvey as a better fielder but O' Neill gave an exhibition.
Culloville were niggly throughout the game, perhaps to unsettle a smaller, quicker Bridge team.

Should be a good final, with two physical teams
BTW there was some amount of St Pats supporters/players at the game

Over the Bar

quote by back off the net

Quoteget over it all bridge supporters yous are beat and out and still in DIV 2 were yous belong and with players going to Australia i think thats the last we have seen off yous ha ha

Has Ciaran McKeever made it onto the board??  :P

illdecide

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2008, 09:53:22 AM
quote by back off the net

Quoteget over it all bridge supporters yous are beat and out and still in DIV 2 were yous belong and with players going to Australia i think thats the last we have seen off yous ha ha

Has Ciaran McKeever has made it onto the board??  :P

well said Over the bar you can nearly spoke proper england... ;) :D

you too full back well said , that Silverbridge hoor Quigley is the biggest cheating sc**bag about and he calls Hearty a cheating c**t ??? ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Final Whistle

Yous armagh boys are all cheating hoors. yous invented it for christ saker.  ;D ;D

Goats Do Shave

Madden defeated Ballyhegan yesterday in Madden, by 3 points.

Davitt's were the better team in the first half, with Paul McGrane superb in midfield. However, Madden got back into things in midfield in the second half, and the set pieces of Joe Feeney (Who was well shackled in normal play by Conor Morgan) proved decisive.

Mark Hughes hit the cross bar, near the end for the Davitts, and with some better descions in attack & a bit of luck and the outcome could have been a draw, which would have been a fair result IMO.

Ballyhegan need to avoid defeat against St Pauls next week to get promoted! - It would be nice to meet Portydown, Maghery & Harps next year!!

Candyman

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2008, 11:23:51 AM
Yous armagh boys are all cheating hoors. yous invented it for christ saker.  ;D ;D

Final Whistle, what have I told you before about giving lip!! If I have to land down to the Moy you'll end up with egg (or is it jam  ;)) on your face...