Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Half time Grange 0-1 Middleton 1-07. Not even that close tbh
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

armaghtrue

just back from the ollie hearty show also known as granemore v tirnanog match. as posted earlier granemore won by 2. would have been a decent match only for ollie hearty to take all the focus towards himself. it was the most one sided refereeing display ever. he just made his own rule book, at one stage he moved a free from the side line to the penalty spot for talking back, the last time i heard that was only 10 yards. now understand why he got such a bad name around south armagh

David McKeown

Finished Grange 0-3 Middletown 1-14 or else 1-15.  Grange keeper was their best player and made 3 or 4 excellent saves in the seond half to keep the score down when Middletown were trying to walk the ball into the net
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The GAA

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 12:24:19 PM
It is in the rule book alright but I've never seen it applied.
Quote from: The GAA on October 12, 2008, 11:47:17 AM

To be fair lads i've seen that rule implemented plenty though i was under the impression that it only applied to a player who is the minimum 14 yards away?
He was the required distance away.

Yes, i'm saying that i thought that rule applied to someone who is just the min away - ie is marking the kick. beyond that it doesn't apply?

Quote from: armaghtrue on October 12, 2008, 04:00:32 PM
at one stage he moved a free from the side line to the penalty spot for talking back, the last time i heard that was only 10 yards.

it's 14 yards

pintsofguinness

QuoteYes, i'm saying that i thought that rule applied to someone who is just the min away - ie is marking the kick. beyond that it doesn't apply?
I think that's what he was doing.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

So who was Hearty giving all the decisions too??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

umgolaarmagh

To be fair lads i've seen that rule implemented plenty though i was under the impression that it only applied to a player who is the minimum 14 yards away?

How do you know, you werent at the match ffs!!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 12, 2008, 06:36:52 PM

How do you know, you werent at the match ffs!!!
Because I've been told and if you read other comments you'll see that yes I would said he was 15 yards away.
What's your problem? the distance wasn't an issue.
There's no doubt that the free kick was moved up because he was jumping not because of the distance. 

Why the attitude?

umgolaarmagh

Why the attitude?

Probably because im sick scanning through your bullshit this last 6 months

pintsofguinness

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 12, 2008, 06:54:06 PM
Why the attitude?

Probably because im sick scanning through your bullshit this last 6 months

So you didn't read the posts on the game, not just mine, it would seem you didn't read anyone's but thought you'd jump in trying to have a go at me? Fair enough.
::)

pats-mc

I was at the mmatch and to be fair the bridge appeared to be the better team in normal time.They couldnt deal with the Culloville full forward line and I though that Kieran and Peter Hatzer wer suprb on the day and will take a lot of watching in the final.Thought that the bridge when they went in front close to the end tried to be too smart by throwing the ball around and playing about across the field instead of trying to go for another score. I felt that the referee was poor throughtout and awarded a lot of very dubious frees beore his last decision which has been talked about the bridge supporters since. Felt though that Gerard Mc Garvey should  have been sent off for the the foul on the original free kick which was about sixty yards out. Culloville were a much better team in the first period of extra time and the gola was a killer. Shane O neill was majestic for the blues in the second half and in extra time.Good game of football between two well matched teams. Thought that the bridger played as well as they possibly could but I think that Culloville will improve for the final. For the bridge I thought that

pintsofguinness

QuoteFor the bridge I thought that
? to be continued next week?

Armagh Exile

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 11, 2008, 11:53:50 PM
Good game. Two even sides. Silverbridge should prob have sneaked it in normal time. 2 decisions proved costly for them.
First was half back in last few seconds of normal opting to try and play forward when in possesion when a few hand passes across half back line to unmarked opponents would have ran clock down.
Second was a call by the referee to move last kick of game up ten yards (after free kick had been kicked and was obviously falling short). It seemed the reason being that one of the bridge defenders was jumpning up and down about 15 yards away in front of the kicker. A strange and unfair decision by the looks of it. Referee was Jimmy Mc Kee and was pretty incconsistent throughout.

According the the Rules the referee's decision would seem to have been correct.

RULE 4 - TECHNICAL FOULS

4.19 To interfere with a player taking a free kick or side-line kick by jumping up and down, waving hands, or any other physical or verbal interference considered by the referee to be aimed at distracting the player taking the kick.

Exception
A player holding his hands upright shall not constitute an interference.

PENALTY - FOR THE ABOVE FOULS – Free kick 13m more advantageous than the place of original kick -up to opponents' 13m line.

pintsofguinness

When's the last time you seen it applied AE?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 07:25:59 PM
When's the last time you seen it applied AE?

It happened me last year for jumping as the player took the kick.  The ref move the ball to a more central position and the free was taken again.  I dont do that anymore   :(