Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Sorry I didn't get back to you benny, didn't see your question until a hour ago.

Quote from: crossfire on October 11, 2008, 06:42:09 PM
Culloville beat Silverbridge by 3 AET. Good game.
Absolutely gutted, I heard the better team lost and we should have had it in normal time - fair view or biased one I don't know. 
I must admit I'd some concerns that we wouldn't be able to match Cullaville but the lads have done us proud, especially the boys playing through injury, leading by example and setting high standards as usual. It's a pity commitment and dedication doesn't win games! but I've no doubt the talent is there too, we'll get there! 

Hard luck to the lads, heads up - well done to Cullaville and all the best in the final.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

crossfire

Yeh The bridge should have won it in normal time.
They were a point up in injury time and instead of playing their normal game they tried to play "keep ball" around the middle of the field and gave the ball away. Cullaville drew a free which was moved up and they equalised with the last kick of the game

Yes I Would

Good game. Two even sides. Silverbridge should prob have sneaked it in normal time. 2 decisions proved costly for them.
First was half back in last few seconds of normal opting to try and play forward when in possesion when a few hand passes across half back line to unmarked opponents would have ran clock down.
Second was a call by the referee to move last kick of game up ten yards (after free kick had been kicked and was obviously falling short). It seemed the reason being that one of the bridge defenders was jumpning up and down about 15 yards away in front of the kicker. A strange and unfair decision by the looks of it. Referee was Jimmy Mc Kee and was pretty incconsistent throughout.

pintsofguinness

QuoteSecond was a call by the referee to move last kick of game up ten yards (after free kick had been kicked and was obviously falling short). It seemed the reason being that one of the bridge defenders was jumpning up and down about 15 yards away in front of the kicker. A strange and unfair decision by the looks of it.
Yes, apparently there's a rule that a player can't jump when a free kick is being taken - even if they're 10 yards back?
I have never seen this enforced.

Yes I Would

Its a rule i never knew existsed and have certainly never seen it enforced, and have played almost 20 years.
Freesmoved up for dissent not moving back required distance but for opposing player jumpong up and down was a very petty shout by the ref.
It was a bad call and was always gonna be tough for the bridge boys to get their heads right for extra time.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 12, 2008, 12:02:24 AM
Its a rule i never knew existsed and have certainly never seen it enforced, and have played almost 20 years.
Freesmoved up for dissent not moving back required distance but for opposing player jumpong up and down was a very petty shout by the ref.
It was a bad call and was always gonna be tough for the bridge boys to get their heads right for extra time.
I'd normally have a lot of time for McKee but it's just ridiculous that something like that has cost us a place in a championship final.

The GAA

To be fair lads i've seen that rule implemented plenty though i was under the impression that it only applied to a player who is the minimum 14 yards away?

pintsofguinness

It is in the rule book alright but I've never seen it applied.
Quote from: The GAA on October 12, 2008, 11:47:17 AM

To be fair lads i've seen that rule implemented plenty though i was under the impression that it only applied to a player who is the minimum 14 yards away?
He was the required distance away.

back off the net

get over it all bridge supporters yous are beat and out and still in DIV 2 were yous belong and with players going to Australia i think thats the last we have seen off yous ha ha

pintsofguinness

Any word on Granemore and Tir Na Og?

Harold Disgracey

Granemore beat Tir na nOg 1-10 to 11. Carrickcruppin now promoted to div 1. Ollie Hearty played a blinder for them! The man hasn't a clue, idiot.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 12, 2008, 02:01:14 PM
Granemore beat Tir na nOg 1-10 to 11. Carrickcruppin now promoted to div 1. Ollie Hearty played a blinder for them! The man hasn't a clue, idiot.
f**k I'd say that  ::)
He's a cheating ****.

twotwocharlie

Pints ignore that asshole (back of  the net)
Will your management stay on do you think?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 12, 2008, 02:25:16 PM
Pints ignore that asshole (back of  the net)
Will your management stay on do you think?
Havent a clue, was thinking that last night, personally I'd be happy enough for them to stay.

twotwocharlie

well best wishes to culloville next week.