Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2008, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 09, 2008, 09:22:16 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2008, 09:14:03 PM
Quote from: Real1995 on October 09, 2008, 08:32:28 PM
Cúchulainn C.L.G An Mullach Bán

HOGANSTAND
One of the GAA's most astonishing records came to an end last weekend when Oisin McConville missed a club championship match for the first time since 1996. For the first time in 13 campaigns, Crossmaglen took to the field for a championship match without their talismanic attacker. Incredibly, McConville had the distinction of playing in a remarkable 98 consecutive knockout games up until the 2008 county semi-final defeat of Armagh Harps. True to form, he scored in every single one of those games as Crossmaglen became the dominant force in Armagh, Ulster and Ireland. It's a sequence that will surely never be equalled

End of an era?  ;)

Ye reckon?  We'll see in a few weeks! 

That is some record and if you add that to the 50 odd games he played for Armagh that is a serious haul of championship games.  Add in club and county League games, say 20 a year over his career and you could easily add 250 games on top of that.  400 games is some tally and no wonder his back is fcuked!!!  It's when you see stats like that that the argument for payment is easier to make.  Hopefull he will add at least another 5 championship games before this season is out ;)

By the by, Cross obviously, but now affiliated to Ballincollig in Cork, with a certain amount of time allocated to Sliabh Rua underage teams as well in my home village here.

:D I thought I'd get a reaction like that

It has to be said though, it is some achievement

What do you expect me to do, lie down like an Ogs man :P  I presume the Final is next Sunday?  Pity as I am up this weekend.  I'll be up the Hallowe'en weekend too, so I can go cheer the Ogs on against the Fermanagh team, a nice handy one for them to start with!

el_cuervo_fc

umgolaarmagh

BCB1 - You have been down in Cork too long,

you must have langeritis, no point trying to play down Cross at this stage

corn02

Quote from: Orior on October 09, 2008, 09:42:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 09, 2008, 10:42:51 AM
Anyways i think it's time we all revealed what clubs we represent on the board as some people have the right to know...

Poyntzpass Redmond O'Hanlons (and Scarva Rangers... not)

Go on the Rangers.

illdecide

It's crop when you're teams out of everything and we've nothing to slabber about on the board...Suppose i may get used to it :P

anyway good luck to the teams playing this weekend and may the rain beat of you're bollocks like sewer rods whilst spectating...May the best team won (as they'd say in Derry)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

twotwocharlie

any word that the Cullyhanna v Silverbridge game is moved to Carrickcruppin .

Seany

just supposing that Sbridge v Culloville match is postponed again tomorrow.  This means it is rescheduled for next week and McKeever is out because he will have to travel to Oz.
Is this right?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Seany on October 10, 2008, 09:37:26 PM
just supposing that Sbridge v Culloville match is postponed again tomorrow.  This means it is rescheduled for next week and McKeever is out because he will have to travel to Oz.
Is this right?

Hard to know Seany. If he was representing Armagh we'd be entitled to a postponement so personally I think the same principle should apply. Ulster intermediate is on 2nd November though. Bound to be at least one pitch in the county playable over the weekend though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 10, 2008, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: Seany on October 10, 2008, 09:37:26 PM
Is this right?

Hard to know Seany. If he was representing Armagh we'd be entitled to a postponement so personally I think the same principle should apply. Ulster intermediate is on 2nd November though. Bound to be at least one pitch in the county playable over the weekend though.

Have to agree. Same applies to Sean Cavanagh. If the boys turned down the chance to stay with their clubs they would be give  dogs abuse. In McKeever's case he was not to know, hopefully they get him back for it.

RICH TEA

its a wee bit different than playing for county, their are lots of players over the years got picked to go to oz and had to turn it down due to club championship commitments . its lovely to be picked and no better player to be picked to go for strength feel the same about Arron k but i do feel if your club have a big game you should have to choose you club game as at the end of the day the international rules is only a bonus if you get picked not a major commitment and not going to get you a county medal.
i know everyones thinks different on this but i do feel club/ county first then the bonus of international rules or play for ulster if your club is out.

Arron may also miss out if cross draw with ogs, but hope they don't

back off the net

think that game is moved to cruppen or the ogs ground it has to be played tomorrow

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

crossfire

Culloville beat Silverbridge by 3 AET. Good game.