Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

The final will be played on the Saturday. There'll be extra time next week if the Bridge and Culloville draw. I assume the 2 clubs must have agreed to that.

I wish we could get games arranged around when it suited us and when players would be available.  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 06, 2008, 08:33:36 PM
The final will be played on the Saturday. There'll be extra time next week if the Bridge and Culloville draw. I assume the 2 clubs must have agreed to that.

I wish we could get games arranged around when it suited us and when players would be available.  ::)

Strange that the Culloville Silverbridge semi final wasn't fixed for the same weekend as the other semi final, as happened in both the Junior and Senior championships.  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rolling stone

The lad Kelly is a yap-no doubt about it!

Sean Morrison impressed me, especially as his confidence started to grow. Although it's the first time I seen the young lad Clarke and thought he was the suprisingly the biggest threat for Cross. Makings of a good final if Og's can improve in midfield.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe lad Kelly is a yap-no doubt about it!
Such mouthing about a young lad who's only crime was getting an elbow in the face.

Give it a f**king rest.

el_cuervo_fc

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 12 OCTOBER 2008

Saturday 11 October

Intermediate Football Championship – Semi-Final (4.00)
Culloville v Silverbridge (Jimmy McKee) at Cullyhanna

Under-14 Football Championship – Final (4.00)
Killeavey v Pearse Og (Damian McConville) at Madden

Sunday 12 October

Junior Football Championship – Final (3.00)
Grange v Middletown (Ronan Quigley) at Athletic Grounds

ACL – Division Two (12.00)
Whitecross v Wolfe Tone (Tony O'Hare)
Granemore v Tir na nÓg (Malachy McNicholl)
Sarsfields v Clann Eireann (Barney Henry)

ACL – Division Three (12.00)
Annaghmore v Crossmaglen II (Jim Burns)
Madden v Ballyhegan (Kevin Gallogly)
Clonmore v Tullysaran (Seamus O'Neill)

ACL – Division Four (12.00)
Derrynoose v Corrinshego (Joe Murtagh)
Clady v Shane O'Neill's (Paudie Hughes)
O'Hanlon's v Mullaghbrack (Stephen Murray)

AFS

Yeah I'd agree with pints here guys about Kelly. Give it a rest! Having watched him yesterday I'd have to say he absolutely worked his balls off and doesn't deserve to be demeaned like this.

As I've said before I also caught his incident with Francie out of the corner of my eye and after seeing the way the umpire and referee reacted to it I assumed there wasn't a lot to it, but if video evidence proves differently fair enough. What I did definitely see though was Kelly along with a couple of other Harps forwards getting treated a bit 'unfairly' by the Cross backs, especially Francie, and perhaps also by the referee. Someone else has pointed this out, but there were two definite occasions where Francie had been turned by his man only for him to proceed to drag the fella down, he could easily have received two yellows for these incidents. But there were also incidents that Cross could feel upset about too, such as the clear push over the line on McEntee before Harps' goal and Harps' penalty, which was a bit dubious. So although the ref was a bit shit, his decisions affected both teams.

I didn't see Cross annihilate Clans but I've seen their other two championship games and from those I'd have to say they are a shadow of their former selves. They have a suspect full back line and their midfield is poor. They still have a good bunch of forwards that are all capable of chipping over a couple of points each, but they don't have a county superstar like Oisin (even if he comes back he'll not be the Oisin of old) that'll hit 5 or 6 in a game. They're also very limited in the type of game they can play because they're quite a small team. They don't really have the long ball option anymore because they don't have forwards big enough to win it, so they're restricted to high speed hand passing attacks, which looks very good at times but it can be hard to get going on limited amounts of possession. I know they've 2 or 3 players to come back in and they'll still probably win the county final, but I can't see them winning an All Ireland, or even an Ulster, this year. They need a big full forward, a midfield partner for McKenna and maybe even a new full back if Francie doesn't up his game (maybe I'm being harsh on him, is he carrying an injury? Because he certainly didn't look like an intercounty FB on Sunday, nevermind an All Star nominee).

The GAA

Like getting your semi delayed a week because your lot had a stag on the intended weekend?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The GAA on October 06, 2008, 11:22:57 PM

Like getting your semi delayed a week because your lot had a stag on the intended weekend?
The game was never fixed and considering ogs and mullaghbawn couldn't get games postponed for a few days for deaths in their club do you think we'd be listened to talking about a stag?  Maybe it was delayed because Cullaville had an extra game to play?
Anyway, it's one thing to try and dictate your own fixtures but quite unusual to try and arrange the fixture between two other clubs.

Anyway, it's hardly that important.

But here, "the gaa", what club are you from yourself?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 06, 2008, 11:36:20 PM
Quote from: The GAA on October 06, 2008, 11:22:57 PM

The game was never fixed and considering ogs and mullaghbawn couldn't get games postponed for a few days for deaths in their club do you think we'd be listened to talking about a stag?  Maybe it was delayed because Cullaville had an extra game to play?
Anyway, it's one thing to try and dictate your own fixtures but quite unusual to try and arrange the fixture between two other clubs.

Anyway, it's hardly that important.

But here, "the gaa", what club are you from yourself?

I think it was actually a wedding, albeit in a foreign country.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

I don't know who's wedding you're talking about but as i said:
QuoteThe game was never fixed and considering ogs and mullaghbawn couldn't get games postponed for a few days for deaths in their club do you think we'd be listened to talking about a stag?  Maybe it was delayed because Cullaville had an extra game to play?

and as I finished with:
QuoteAnyway, it's hardly that important.

Good to see the rumour mill is alive and well in Cullyhanna though  ::)
Have Cullyhanna never rearranged a fixture due to a wedding or stag?  ::)  ::)  ::)

winsamsoon

Oh will this feud ever end?? :o :-\

On another note what age is that guy morrison for the harps??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

QuoteOh will this feud ever end??
What feud?  ???

bennydorano

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 07, 2008, 12:36:30 AM
Oh will this feud ever end?? :o :-\

On another note what age is that guy morrison for the harps??

Sean is about 22/23 I think.
Quote from: AFS on October 06, 2008, 10:14:42 PM

I didn't see Cross annihilate Clans but I've seen their other two championship games and from those I'd have to say they are a shadow of their former selves.
I was thinking something similar myself, but they could look make a man look foolish by stepping it up a gear or two very easily.  I dont think that they have the players of the calibre of the McEntees or MCConville coming through, they aren't getting any younger and when those boys and Bellew & JD go Cross will still be a top team but no longer 'invincible'.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 06, 2008, 07:17:06 PM
Where is the future development for the athletic grounds planned. Will there be more seats on the seated side of the ground and is there a roof planned at any stage? Thought the place looked reasonable well though it doesn't seem intercounty championship standard yet.

There are plans passed for another tier of seats that will rise above the level of the athletic grounds

bennydorano

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 07, 2008, 09:35:36 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 06, 2008, 07:17:06 PM
Where is the future development for the athletic grounds planned. Will there be more seats on the seated side of the ground and is there a roof planned at any stage? Thought the place looked reasonable well though it doesn't seem intercounty championship standard yet.

There are plans passed for another tier of seats that will rise above the level of the athletic grounds
There are plans but no immediate funding in place, so I wouldn't be suprised if there were delays.