Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 06, 2008, 09:43:48 AM

I saw the incident first hand - I could not believe the umpire didn't - someone beside me summed it up when he said - there isn't a official in the county will stand up to Cross.
[/b]

UNFORTUNATELY, tis is so true and any one who trys and dispute this is either blind or a cross man,

im sure the cross ones on the board will agree that they have been gifted some decisions by refs down through the years as well as having a great team

[/quote]
I think it's something you could extend to county players.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2008, 07:06:50 PM
Just goes to show how poor clanns where/are.

On another note Congrats to Cross and OG's and unlucky Harps and Killeavey...I hear they were 2 good games, unfortunately i couldn't make it up to the games...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

goh4205

I was at the game, but i was to far away from the incident to see properly.  but what in will say is the Harps peno what charing offence & the goal they got was clearly a push in the back by the no.15. adding to that John McEntee was clearly pushed out over the line which lead to the goal & Tony McEntee has a nice shiner for his troubles after been hit off the ball. Also when did it become legal to allow a 4 man tackle?  I lost count the amount of times Harps were allowed to get away with this.  As for the Francie incident I was talking to a mate who was right behind the goals and seem what happened, the No.13 had been goading Francie for most of the 2nd half and he locked arms with Francie trying to get him to pull him down to get him booked & Francie just pushed him away & he fell.  So the point is cross don't get it all there own way when it comes to refs. regarding a re-fixture if i were Harps I keep wondering of the what if, because if there was to be a reply they would get shown up bigtime as has happened in replays before.

corn02

Quote from: goh4205 on October 06, 2008, 10:06:22 AM
I was at the game, but i was to far away from the incident to see properly.  but what in will say is the Harps peno what charing offence & the goal they got was clearly a push in the back by the no.15. adding to that John McEntee was clearly pushed out over the line which lead to the goal & Tony McEntee has a nice shiner for his troubles after been hit off the ball. Also when did it become legal to allow a 4 man tackle?  I lost count the amount of times Harps were allowed to get away with this.  As for the Francie incident I was talking to a mate who was right behind the goals and seem what happened, the No.13 had been goading Francie for most of the 2nd half and he locked arms with Francie trying to get him to pull him down to get him booked & Francie just pushed him away & he fell.  So the point is cross don't get it all there own way when it comes to refs. regarding a re-fixture if i were Harps I keep wondering of the what if, because if there was to be a reply they would get shown up bigtime as has happened in replays before.

Probabably shows that most incidents even themselves out.

bennydorano

As for the Francie incident I was talking to a mate who was right behind the goals and seem what happened, the No.13 had been goading Francie for most of the 2nd half and he locked arms with Francie trying to get him to pull him down to get him booked & Francie just pushed him away & he fell.  

There's video evidence to the contrary friendo.  Goading?  If you knew the fella you'd realise how laughable that is.  Hate to drop to pettiness but maybe the fact that Bellew never won a ball all day was frustrating him.

Onion Bag

Was the Intermediate Semi Between The Bridge and Culloville played this weekend, How did it go?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

BerfArmagh

Good second half performance from the Harps yesterday, if only they had of believed in themselves more in the first half.

The last 15 minutes there was only 1 team in it. Mc Kenna came on and made a wonderful catch to secure possession when the game was in the balance. I thought Nippy swift & collie holmes were excellent yesterday, vernon came into it towards the end. And young morrison in FF was absolutely excellent. I thought the Harps really did themselves proud yesterday, that said the standard of refereeing and umpires in this county is appalling. That wee bollix yesterday did his best to ruin the game. As for the umpire, (aka monkey boy, where did they find that inbreed under-developed stage 2 of the evolution process GIMP) Bellew busted young kevin kelly not 2 feet from his face and was'nt even booked, then he disallowed the goal. Harps had cross ratteled, the goal should have stood it was  clearly over the line.
The level of bias towards cross in the county is unbelievable, actually it must be a Sth Armagh thing, because the Ogs got nothing from the ref in the previous game. Ronan clarke will cause havoc in that cross fb line.

Up the Harps :o

Rant over

BTW the athletic grounds is fantastastic, congrats to all concerned

BerfArmagh

Well done to the Harps minors reaching the county final

ah shit, its against cross  ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: corn02 on October 06, 2008, 11:59:28 AM
called off - rain.

When is it going to be played? Wasnt the Junior and Intermediate finals to be played next weekend
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Goats Do Shave

Felt sorry for the Harps yesterday. Cracking 2nd half perofrmance. But as a neutral I think they have every right to feel agrieved with the performance from the officialS - including linesmen & umpires!

I don't think there are too many 50 - 50 decsions that went in their favour (bar Collie Holmes giving JD the knee's at the touchline)
Harps just had to work that bit harder for theiur scores in the end though & the best team did win!

The first game was more like a meaningless end of season league encounter. Best team won in the end, thanks to the Clarke brothers & Geard Barton who impressed. Don't recall one hard tackle though (bar a little scuffle between Stevie & Barton.)

gander

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 06, 2008, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 06, 2008, 11:59:28 AM
called off - rain.

When is it going to be played? Wasnt the Junior and Intermediate finals to be played next weekend

yeah it was supposed to be a double header but its just the junior now.  The intermediate semi will be played next sat with the final played the following week.  Not sure if it on the sat or sunday though

goh4205

Quote from: bennydorano on October 06, 2008, 10:28:25 AM
 As for the Francie incident I was talking to a mate who was right behind the goals and seem what happened, the No.13 had been goading Francie for most of the 2nd half and he locked arms with Francie trying to get him to pull him down to get him booked & Francie just pushed him away & he fell.  

There's video evidence to the contrary friendo.  Goading?  If you knew the fella you'd realise how laughable that is.  Hate to drop to pettiness but maybe the fact that Bellew never won a ball all day was frustrating him.

Benny  I'm not taking any side I just pointed out some of the stuff I saw. Corn is probably right it sort of evens itself out in the end. What I will say about that lad kelly is, I was talking to a friend this morning who was/is close to the Harps and he said he was a yap!!   He was right beside were it happened and in no way did Bellew strike him with intent, all he tried to do was get kelly off him.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

THEIR two teams may have been engaged in one of the best rivalries of recent times, but Tyrone manager Mickey Harte and current Ulster manager Joe Kernan will team up to manage an Allstar team that will face Armagh in a charity match.

Joe may have gotten one over Mickey in 02 while the Red Hand boss gained revenge in 03 and 05, but the duo will be plotting the downfall of Peter McDonnell and the current Ulster champions.
The event is being held in Dromintee on Saturday, October 18 and a host of big names will be lining out for the Allstar side including Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Graham Geraghty, Kieran McGeeney, Eamon O'Hara, Marty McGrath, Oisin McConville, Darren Clarke and Kevin McGourty.
A number of past greats, including Joe Brolly, Benny Tierney, Colm O'Rourke and Jimmy Smith, will also be there to take part or to offer their expertise through the microphone.

A number of other personalities, including Irish rugby international Rob Kearney, will also be present on the day and a 'nite-of-the-races' and charity auction, which will auction off a number of signed jerseys amongst other items, will follow the game.

Justin McMahon is a busy man at present after his impressive display in the All-Ireland final, but he is more than happy to help out on the day. Speaking from the launch in Belfast, the Omagh St Enda's man stressed the importance of the cause.

"It is great to see GAA players involved in such events," he said. "When you come to these things you realise how important these things are when tragedies like this affect GAA clubs. There has been a lot of great organisation involved.

McMahon is still on a high after their final triumph over Kerry but is glad to getting straight back into the action as his side face up to Dromore in the WJ Dolan SFC this Sunday.

"I was back up in Belfast this week so things calmed down a wee bit. We will have to keep our feet on the ground because Dromore will prove tough opposition. We just have to give the club championship a rattle and see how things go."

Armagh's Gareth O'Neill is delighted to see such a high calibre of players lining out in his home club.

"It is a great cause and hopefully the crowds will respond to it because there are some superb footballers travelling from all over the country."

It will only be the second time Armagh have lined out in Dromintee and they will provide fitting opposition to the Allstar team as the south Armagh club have five members on the county panel – O'Neill, Aidan O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke, Micheal O'Rourke and Barry Shannon – the largest representation in the club's history.

"It will be a great day for the club," said O'Neill. "But it is more about raising the funds for such a good cause and it will be a great day's craic all round. I am expecting a big crowd and hopefully the day gets the support it deserves."

The match has been organised in memory of Gerald Fearon who was killed in a car crash two years ago. Admission is by voluntary donation and all proceeds will go to the Irish Air Ambulance service. Throw in is at 6.30pm.