Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 05, 2008, 09:58:13 AM
Good to see Cross minors have kinda floated into the Final without much fuss.  Much ahs been posted on here about the Cullyhannas and the Granemores and the Harps so Cross must have come throught the much easier side of the draw.  I would presume that Harps would be favourites to make it a senior and Minor double now?
I think it would be fair to say Cross came through the easier side of the draw, I think they beat Grange,  Corrinshego, Maghery? & St Peters.  We beat Sarsfields, Ogs, Cruppen & Cullyhanna.  They are in the final nonetheless and Harps will sure as f**k not be taking them lightly.  I think I'd be right in saying both teams would have fancied their chances more next year as both have young teams.

corn02

puskas

Ogs beat Killeavy by 2. sounded like a good game. ogs squandered about 4 goal chances. mckinney made 2 terrific saves. killeavy hit the post in the last minute.

damien mccullagh is a hilarious commentator. in a good way.

Harold Disgracey

Anyone know the score in the cruppin v tones match?

puskas

cross 1-7 harps 0-3 at half-time, cross playing with strong breeze, convert a penalty after 3 mins, harps miss a penalty after 20 mins.

come on harps give it a rattle

el_cuervo_fc

A good win today for the Ogs 0-13 to 0-9 the final score.

el_cuervo_fc

1-10 cross 0-8 harps 15 mins left

Harps missed a penalty on the first half

el_cuervo_fc

1-12 to 1-8 joe quigley just got a goal

Armagh Exile

Any other club results in Armagh today?

The GAA

Quote from: puskas on October 05, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Ogs beat Killeavy by 2. sounded like a good game. ogs squandered about 4 goal chances. mckinney made 2 terrific saves. killeavy hit the post in the last minute.

damien mccullagh is a hilarious commentator. in a good way.

No, in a very bad way. i used think he was just the village idiot but now i get angry when i listen to that crap and realise what a great resource local match commentaries could be for people if this idiot wasn't ruining it

charlie stubbs

cruppen beat tones 0-11 to 0-8 terrible game should have stayed in bed!!cruppen looked like a team that didnt want to go up.their mf kelly was sent off for striking in the first half.  we only had 18 players at the game norm have around 25 a few boys "sick" suppose that what you get when have nothing play for.  we have an excellent defence but our forwards are clean scrap

whitecross beat keady 4-15 1-6 or something suppose that confirms their relegation and portadown beat clann eireann

i would fear bigtime for the two teams going up to the 1st weather be ortadown/cruppen sarsfields from what i have saw this year.thought sarsfields where the best outta 3 but was men against boys against cullyhanna last week and they dont have much of a squad and where very fortunate with injuries

ogs kileavey game was quite scrappy i thought.anytime ogs got ball to clarke he was  a danger.stevy operated at mf for most of the game missed a great goal chance 1 on 1 with mckinney about ten mins into 2nd half with ogs 2 up.

jj clarke showed well when came on got couple good scores

cross game thought was over when they got a dubious penalty.defender appeared to be fouled in square lost possession and pen was awarded.it was saved by mcsorley but t kernan scored rebound after missing initial effort.  harps awared a pen after 20 mins kevin kelly missed it, he wont sleep welll tonight had a mare.scored around 1 free from 5/6 includig a relatively esy 1 with 4 in it in 2nd half.  

vernon,swift and richards dominated middle in 2nd half.swift always impresses me in half forward line when see him play scored couple great points would like see him get more gametime in league next year.  

BenDover

heard there was a bit of controversy at the end of the Harps game (app the harps were robbed!!!) anyone care to elaborate? wasn't at the match myself

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BenDover on October 05, 2008, 06:49:25 PM
heard there was a bit of controversy at the end of the Harps game (app the harps were robbed!!!) anyone care to elaborate? wasn't at the match myself

Joe Quigley had a 14 yard free - it was goal or nothing. Joe hit the shot, it deflected off a defender and over the line. I'm not sure, but the deflection may be the key here, as the ref blew for full time before the ball had crossed but after Joe had shot.