Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: gander on October 03, 2008, 12:55:27 PM
Armagh have teams in Ulster Senior, Intermediate and Junior now.  I'd say the ulster championship match has been fixed for that date from early in the year, they'll never change it.

sure what harm is there in re-fixing if for middle of next week under lights either at Casement or the gaelic field?

nutsy--1

just been confirmed that the cuchulainn game is still on this sunday, its been scheldued since last november.
Just a bit of bad luck players having to choose what game to play.

gander

I dont think theres any harm in it at all, but I just know what the ulster council are like when it comes to refixing championship matches.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWe had a few very tight games with Granemore this year - that we came out the wrong side of on each ocassion, so that would give you some indication (I hear you were lucky enough to get past them?)

Well I missed the first half because I was at another match but I suppose we could have been described as slightly fortunate in that Granemore didn't make best use of a lot of their possession and failed to deal with fairly basic long range frees into the goal area from which we got 2 goals in the 2nd half and another point which bounced over the bar. Thought they were two evenly match teams which would suggest tomorrow could be close as well. Certainly we'd be very hopeful.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Harps beat Cullyhanna in the minor semi 2-8 to 1-9 ;D  Delighted but frustrated as I couldn't get (and mightn't get tomorrow due to getting my tonsils out last week and have picked up an infection - f**king agony)

inthemaking

bridge and culloville match has been called off. pitch unplayable

crossfire

Cross minors beat St Peters 3-10 to 1-9.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteHarps beat Cullyhanna in the minor semi 2-8 to 1-9   Delighted but frustrated as I couldn't get (and mightn't get tomorrow due to getting my tonsils out last week and have picked up an infection - f**king agony)

Fair play to Harps, probably just about deserved it in the end. Very enjoyable game though it was shockin disappointing to lose. The game was dominated by the conditions and it was probably the team which made the fewest mistakes that won. Both team got a goal from long high balls into the danger area but St Pat's will probably feel they should have cleared prior to Harps' second goal. When we went 1-4 to 0-2 after about 15 minutes we should have gone on to press home the advantage but instead we didn't score again until 5 minutes into the second half by which stage Harps were 2 ahead.

The quality was probably as high as you could expect in the circumstances. Two fully committed teams going out to do their best. It was just a pity we couldn't get the late score to force it to extra time (I think?).  The only sour note in the whole game was a shameful piece of diving with about 5 minutes to go in an attempt to get a Cullyhanna man sent off. Apart from that the game was played in an excellent spirit. All the best to Harps and hopefully they'll go on to win the championship. The final result was tough on St Pat's but hopefully a lot of the lads can bounce back next year.

Bit of a disaster with the intermediate semi final being called off. Its a pity the decision wasn't made a bit earlier so that the game could have been switched to somewhere like Cruppen. There's word of it being re-fixed for tomorrow though there was no decision by the time I left the club. The final is fixed for next week and this date needs to be kept as one of the players involved in the final is likely to be headed out with the Ireland side to Australia the following Friday.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armagh Exile

ARMAGH SFC SEMI-FINALS BROADCAST LIVE ON SUNDAY

Both the Armagh Senior Football Championship semi-finals will be broadcast live on Radio FIVE FM on Sunday.

Killeavey and Pearse Og begins at 2.00pm followed by commentary of the Crossmaglen and Armagh Harps tie which gets underway at 4.00pm.
Commentator for both games will be Damian McCullough with analysis by Martin Watters.

www.orchardcounty.com

pintsofguinness

tac
Bit of a disaster with the intermediate semi final being called off. Its a pity the decision wasn't made a bit earlier so that the game could have been switched to somewhere like Cruppen. There's word of it being re-fixed for tomorrow though there was no decision by the time I left the club. The final is fixed for next week and this date needs to be kept as one of the players involved in the final is likely to be headed out with the Ireland side to Australia the following Friday.
It doesn't need to be anything, if you're going to have players missing that's unfortunate but it's your own problem.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

back off the net

the game is on saturday week and then the final is the following sat the day the ireland team flys out.ciaran mc keever is staying to play for is club and flying out on the monday thats what the club means to him fair play to him everone needs to stand up and take a look at what this lad does. no worry about the bridge missing players going to play for ireland they cant even get a player on to the armagh team

pintsofguinness

Quote from: back off the net on October 04, 2008, 11:27:52 PM
the game is on saturday week and then the final is the following sat the day the ireland team flys out.ciaran mc keever is staying to play for is club and flying out on the monday thats what the club means to him fair play to him everone needs to stand up and take a look at what this lad does. no worry about the bridge missing players going to play for ireland they cant even get a player on to the armagh team
Good stuff, I can't wait to see him against the Aussies.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The GAA

Quote from: Armagh Exile on October 04, 2008, 07:17:02 PM
ARMAGH SFC SEMI-FINALS BROADCAST LIVE ON SUNDAY

Both the Armagh Senior Football Championship semi-finals will be broadcast live on Radio FIVE FM on Sunday.

Killeavey and Pearse Og begins at 2.00pm followed by commentary of the Crossmaglen and Armagh Harps tie which gets underway at 4.00pm.
Commentator for both games will be Damian McCullough with analysis by Martin Watters.

www.orchardcounty.com

Not a fuckin chance i'll be tunin in then

Old Bill

Quote from: back off the net on October 04, 2008, 11:27:52 PM
Didnt think mc keever had been picked on the ireland panel as it hasn been named yet!

brokencrossbar1

Good to see Cross minors have kinda floated into the Final without much fuss.  Much ahs been posted on here about the Cullyhannas and the Granemores and the Harps so Cross must have come throught the much easier side of the draw.  I would presume that Harps would be favourites to make it a senior and Minor double now?