Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

JP's a hard man then  ::)
Donegal should have us buried, Toal is the only man up front, the ref is helping us out.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

JP with a very dirty act, did not think the tackle on Duffy was that bad.
Agree Pint referee giving us a lot of soft decisions.

holylandsniper

Agree mostly previous 2 posts, ref was with us all game, soft sending off for donegal, JP dirty act, where i think the Duffy incident wasn't dirty no doubt he was hurt.
I'm puzzled at the squad, yes i agree this is the time of year for blooding new talent and resting the players who hopefully are needed in August/September
But to call on Average Division 2 club players as possible future county players is strange, I'm sure if you picked every team in the top division you could find 2 players thats almost if not county standard and use them in McKenna cup(Allso maybe a few in Div2 that would be up to standard), not 'some' of those  on show today.

The Iceman

whats this "JP dirty act"  - I couldn't see anything from the stands? Or did you guys take the normal easy option and brave the elements of your living room or McKenna's bar and make criticisms from there?

The team did well today for the level of experience.  Nippy played great, Peadar was outstanding, Malachy Macking took a free with his left which Paedar should have taken and was greedy at times.  Kevin O'Rourke didn't show as well as last week.  Duffy was elbowed I though but it was hard to tell from the 21.  JP played well - he has definitely showed well in this competition.

Does anyone know how Sean Agnew ended up carrying water to the Armagh team? What is his involvement with the team????
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

pintsofguinness

Quotewhats this "JP dirty act"  - I couldn't see anything from the stands? Or did you guys take the normal easy option and brave the elements of your living room or McKenna's bar and make criticisms from there?
Kneeing a man twice in the back of the head, while he's on the ground, deserves criticism. I didn't know you weren't allowed to comment on a match if you weren't there.

At first viewing I was sure Duffy got hit with an elbow but it was shoulder to shoulder. 
I don't know how many times Mal Mackin give away the ball either, when is Joe going to realise that he's not county standard.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

The Iceman fair play to going up there, honestly I could not be bothered. But by watching on TV we had a better view than you i suspect. If you see the highlights you'll understand what the dirt was.

Disagree Pint, I think Mackin is a great player and willdefientely have a big role to play this year.

Hank Everlast

That was a rite cruncher on duffy, it looked like an elbow but after the replays it was shoulder to shoulder! Would say there is significant shoulder/collarbone damage... and he could be out for a rite wee while.

The Iceman

yeah seen the replays and JP is a bit of a hot head - though it was quite funny after the donegal man retaliated - it looked like he tried to pull JP's ears off! LOL

Pity for Duffy - two weeks in a row he has got a bad knock - hope he isn't out for too long.

Mal Mackin is a decent player - I think he is county standard but I also think he believes he is better than he really is.  I'll go back to my earlier point about the left footed free he took wen Peadar is the designated kicker - we would have went level with that point I think and maybe the game would have ended differently.

JP and Peadar deserve to keep their places for at least the League.  Nippy and Ciaran Toner deserve to be in their as back up to McGrane and McGeeney.  Don't know how many of the rest will get a place on the squad but well done to all of them for putting on the Jersey and playing their hearts out.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

corn02

Toal and Swift were the stand out players for me today and will defientely be there on the league panel surely?

illdecide

Watched it from the sofa as well, thought they done well considering Donegal had a much stronger team. If I'm totally honest i thought Donegal would have beat us by a lot more but fair play to them lads when you think that Enda can't kick was the only recognised first teamer. Young Toal stood out the most. That was bound to be demoralising for Donegal even though they won when they couldn't beat that team by 8 points or more
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Six Inch Nail

Malachy Mackin my hole!  An under 8 could dispossess him with ease.  As far as I'm concerned he got his chance last year and didn't take it, however due to our current injury problems he'll probably be able to hang on for another while.

I thought young McClelland looked good yesterday.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

laughinpaddy

Does anyone know how Sean Agnew ended up carrying water to the Armagh team? What is his involvement with the team????
If you were the supporter you think you are you would know that sean agnew was involved with the u21 team last season! yestardays Armagh team was practically the u21 team for this year. come on iceman, are you sure you weren't in mckennas wacthing the game !;) ;)
I ain't gettin on no plane!

The Iceman

Quote from: laughinpaddy on January 29, 2007, 11:09:12 AM
If you were the supporter you think you are you would know that sean agnew was involved with the u21 team last season! yestardays Armagh team was practically the u21 team for this year. come on iceman, are you sure you weren't in mckennas wacthing the game !;) ;)

My point is what has he got to do with the Armagh Football team?  Did he buy his way onto the team - because to my knowledge (although some may say limited) he wasn't a big noise in football in Armagh - he wasn't involved on any real level with his own team (Armagh Harps? I think) so why is he all of a sudden involved with the under 21s and if that wasn't bad enough - THE SENIORS!

Can anyone list his footballing achievments? Can anyone give me one good reason why he deserves to be involved with the team?

Answers on a postcard................

Horatio Kane

Thought Armagh's best player was Enda, JP did well, Toal showed glimpses of class, but very disappointed in Armagh's distribution, especially when coming out of defence. Nippy was disposessed too easily and kept running into cul-de-sacs, but I would still persevere with him. The forwards (apart from Toal) ran around like headless chickens.

Realisticly very few on show yesterday will cut the mustard come c'ship time.

illdecide

Why have most of the Armagh teams pulled out of the Ulster league? i thought it would be better than pre-season. Spirit you need to have a word with that fella of yours, whats he playing at buying rings and all that shit!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch