Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: fred the red on October 02, 2008, 02:10:59 PM
did anyone hear anything on any retirees from the armagh squad?

havent heard of any yet did you hear of any
have heard that  new backroom team is being brought in

Onion Bag

Quote from: naka on October 02, 2008, 02:21:12 PM

havent heard of any yet did you hear of any
have heard that  new backroom team is being brought in

Who?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

naka

umgolaarmagh

I hear some big midfielder from Phelim Bradys was brought on to the squad

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 02, 2008, 02:17:42 PM
Lads i think the og's will beat killeavy by 2 or 3 and the cross will beat the harps by 4 or 5.

Agreeing with what benny said there i think clarke would be more utilised on the edge of the square as would mc donell. I wouldn't think they would be natural midflieders, sure the pair of them can field a ball but i would hardly think Mc Donnell would be able to compete against a physical set of midfielders. I know if i were the manager of either of the teams i would have them guys closer to goal. If you don't score you don't win that is simple. Maybe they have no one else??

Thats a fair assessment Win but didn't you know that you aren't allowed you're opinion, in future run it by me first ;) ;) :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Old Bill

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 02, 2008, 03:01:59 PM
I hear some big midfielder from Phelim Bradys was brought on to the squad
pardon me for my ignorance but are u serious? anyone show up well at the match last nite?

AFS

Paddy McKeever might have been a potential retiree but I'll take his appearance last night as a sign that he intends to stick around for another year anyway.

pintsofguinness

Fullback
QuoteCulloville v Silvergridge: Cullyhanna await the winners in what should be another close encounter. Culloville's defence was exposed in the last round & if they havent tightened up the Bridge will expose them with goals.
If Culloville's injuries have cleared up they should win enough break ball in the middle to make up for their defence. Should be a good battle in midfield with Garvey (I think) a good prospect for the Bridge
Culloville by 2
Gerard McGarvey. A good prospect indeed but he's been carrying an injury for last few weeks and only played part of the last few games.  I don't know if he's fully fit now or what, hopefully he is, we'll need him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

are you getting your excuses in early Pints ?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 02, 2008, 08:02:32 PM
are you getting your excuses in early Pints ?
Ha! Hardly.  I've no time for excuses and no respect for anyone who starts making them, the shirts will be filled and there's a place in a championship final up for grabs. 

The 'bridge by 3.

RICH TEA

i hear bridge also missing ryan hamill, liam campbell and maybe nial reel all due to injury, surely the better players of the team if this is true will be cull win

pintsofguinness

Quote from: RICH TEA on October 02, 2008, 09:49:14 PM
i hear bridge also missing ryan hamill, liam campbell and maybe nial reel all due to injury, surely the better players of the team if this is true will be cull win
Ryan and Niall I know about.  Never heard about Liam, it'll be some injury that keeps liam from playing - or he'll need to be tied down somewhere!
Also Cormac McEvoy hasn't played in quite a few games, don't think he'll be back?

Key players out yes but no excuses, perfect opportunity for the younger lads, Tryanor, the Byrnes and Hughes, Malley and Murphy etc to stand up and be counted.

Old Bill

Who is MC CANN? and is that a threat? calm down son...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Old Bill on October 02, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Who is MC CANN? and is that a threat? calm down son...
I'd imagine he's talking about Silverbridge's Damien McCann. 

RICH TEA

i think its time back of the net grew up, this fued is over, the bridge team that beat st pats 3 years ago on the scoreboard are nearly all now finished senior and playin b football, this is a new younger squad of the bridge team, well most of them, and no need to bring this up again( i have friends from both clubs who want this silly row forgot about and this will not happen with the likes of you makin threats) whoever wins this weekend in the semis the final will be a good clean one i hope and may the best team win.

i do think cull will win by 2 but should be a good one