Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: Candyman on October 02, 2008, 11:12:00 AM
Anyone any further predictions for the weekends games?
I have a sneaking feeling Killeavy could scrape through this if Stevie can work his magic in around the middle...  ???

I actually think you've hit on why killeavy won't win on sunday. stevie becomes a good club footballer when he operates aound the middle, whereas he's exceptional when he's in close to goal. killeavy won't have the firepower if he's at midfield. standfield offers very little beyond free kicks at this stage

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The GAA on October 02, 2008, 11:50:41 AM
I have a sneaking feeling Killeavy could scrape through this if Stevie can work his magic in around the middle...  ???

I actually think you've hit on why killeavy won't win on sunday. stevie becomes a good club footballer when he operates aound the middle, whereas he's exceptional when he's in close to goal. killeavy won't have the firepower if he's at midfield. standfield offers very little beyond free kicks at this stage

I think Andy Mallon would get the better of him anyway...

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on October 02, 2008, 11:50:41 AM

If Stanfield cut out the dirt he could be a match winner. On his day he is still brilliant. I sya Stevie will play on the 40 with Stanfield and maybe Duffy in the middle and they should clean up on kick outs but how they use it is another thing. Seamy Toner will probab;ly play full forward and he is a good shouit for a goal. I am expecting a very close match in this one. The team that appears to have the talent v the team who improved the most in the second half of the year and are not shy on confidence. Ogs by two.

under the bar

QuoteThats fact, It was Jordans in the Moy, Phily Jordans das pub, I know a fella who went to it and turned away as soon as he seen it at the door

Absolute crap

The GAA

The other way about ith stanfield and McDonnell corn. i haven't seen stanfield produce anything other than mediocrity for club or couny for over two years. rumour has it we could have a clarke v McDonnell clash at midfield on sunday

corn02

To be fair I have only seen Stanfield a few times for club and he can turn it on, so i am going on limited viewing here.

Clarke v McDonnell in midfeild? Would be worth the admission price alone.

full back

Cross v Harps: If Cross go out with the attitude they had against the Clans they will put Harps away early. Any complacency & Harps should make a game of it. Still, class to show in the end. Cross by at least 4 points

Og's v Killeavey: Has the potential to be a good game, as Killeavey on their day can give anyone a game. If Og's can break even at midfield they should win as they have more firepower up front. Og's by the minimum or a draw could be on the cards. Would be suprised if Killeavey pair Mc Donnell with Clarke

Culloville v Silvergridge: Cullyhanna await the winners in what should be another close encounter. Culloville's defence was exposed in the last round & if they havent tightened up the Bridge will expose them with goals.
If Culloville's injuries have cleared up they should win enough break ball in the middle to make up for their defence. Should be a good battle in midfield with Garvey (I think) a good prospect for the Bridge
Culloville by 2

Sandy Hill

Is Andy Mallon back playing yet?
"Stercus accidit"

nutsy--1

Cross vs Harps-  Harps by 1 ;)

Killeavey vs Ogs- think the ogs will shade it prob 4/5points in the end.

Harps ogs final that will be sum final.

BenDover

Andy featured for the Ogs in a challenge game their last sunday and from all reports played well. Good to see him back playing!

I'll take the Ogs to win on Sunday by how much i'm not sure. This year they hammered a poor Tir na nOg team, defeated Granemore by 4 points so its hard to know. As for the other game i think the Harps will put it up to Cross but apart from Joe and K.Kelly they lack any real scoring threat so Cross to win by 3

bennydorano

Quote from: The GAA on October 02, 2008, 12:09:28 PM

The other way about ith stanfield and McDonnell corn. i haven't seen stanfield produce anything other than mediocrity for club or couny for over two years. rumour has it we could have a clarke v McDonnell clash at midfield on sunday

The Ogs might as well play Clarke at MF because they win little enough ball to feed him in the first place and secondly if they do win any ball they tend to run it instead of bombing it in to him.  He was criminally underused v Granemore.   Stevie always seems to play further out the field in club football, but this is a game where he needs to be in close to goal, but Ogs have 2 of the best markers in the game in G McCoy and Andy Mallon, either could do a job on him.  I'e only seen Stanfield twice this year against us in the league and he looked very good; would he be a bit of a Ginny? If so JP would be the man for him.

gaa.boy

I see betfair have opened markets for this sundays semi-finals. It would be a good place for us boys to take each other on and bet on the matches rather than give the money to the bookies....Better to keep the loot among ourselves!  ;)

fred the red

did anyone hear anything on any retirees from the armagh squad?

bubbles

heard andy mallon played in friendly for the ogs at the weekend against derry finalists slaughneil in which the ogs won easily.

ogs v killeavy should be a good game. even if killeavy shade midfield the ogs defence doesnt give too many scores away and i think the ogs have the firepower up front to win the game even with limited possession around the middle.

in saying that i dont even think killeavy will win the midfield battle as theirs isnt that good.

ogs by 3

the harps are good defensively but their forward line lets them down and i cant see them being able to penetrate cross.

cross by 6

winsamsoon

Lads i think the og's will beat killeavy by 2 or 3 and the cross will beat the harps by 4 or 5.

Agreeing with what benny said there i think clarke would be more utilised on the edge of the square as would mc donell. I wouldn't think they would be natural midflieders, sure the pair of them can field a ball but i would hardly think Mc Donnell would be able to compete against a physical set of midfielders. I know if i were the manager of either of the teams i would have them guys closer to goal. If you don't score you don't win that is simple. Maybe they have no one else??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.