Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Why don't you hoors enter the Sam Maguire for next year and give the rest of us a chance :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on September 25, 2008, 02:23:23 PM
Why don't you hoors enter the Sam Maguire for next year and give the rest of us a chance :D :D

Give us Andy Mallon, Kieran Toner, Stevie and Ronan and I'd say we'd do just as well as some counties :P

amallon

I don't care what Ulster were missing that is a fantastic achievement for Cross to beat them.  I know Cross have beaten a very county teams over the years.  BCB can you list any of these?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

brokencrossbar1

I played against Louth, Monagahan and Kildare as well as numerous Armagh selects and u21 teams.  We beat Monaghan and Louth and Kildare scored a last minute goal to equalize with us in Cellbridge.  Now these are a few years ago so of very little relevance nowadays

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 25, 2008, 01:16:15 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on September 25, 2008, 01:11:49 PM
That would be Cormac aka Willy.

Talent to burn, but a sucker for fast cars, drink, fags and bad wemen!

Willy is some boy alright! He had great talent when he was younger the hoor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 12:24:06 PM
bandit is Franie Mac not making the starting 15?  There would be a few to add to that Cross team.
Who is that?

Oisin, JD and Skinny would be a miss to any team. I forgot, Kyle Carragher came on as well.

Frannie MacNamee, (who is not the love child of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac :D)?  Damn fine player but is young and a big inexperienced yet.  You also forgot about Titch, is he not a big miss to a team?

Brother of Sean and Mickey? he's a bit young but a fine player.... Titch was there as well watching with the father. Joe Fitzy was there watching his club goalie - James Reilly (Drung), Fitzy is over there helping out as far as I know!

brokencrossbar1

He's a different McNamee but is still a fine player.

The Saddler has been involved in a few clubs in the Cavan/Monaghan area since he hung the boots.  Has he stayed in "good" shape, I haven't seen him in a while?

Quote from: thebandit on September 25, 2008, 02:57:25 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 25, 2008, 01:16:15 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on September 25, 2008, 01:11:49 PM
That would be Cormac aka Willy.

Talent to burn, but a sucker for fast cars, drink, fags and bad wemen!

Willy is some boy alright! He had great talent when he was younger the hoor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 12:24:06 PM
bandit is Franie Mac not making the starting 15?  There would be a few to add to that Cross team.
Who is that?

Oisin, JD and Skinny would be a miss to any team. I forgot, Kyle Carragher came on as well.

Frannie MacNamee, (who is not the love child of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac :D)?  Damn fine player but is young and a big inexperienced yet.  You also forgot about Titch, is he not a big miss to a team?

Brother of Sean and Mickey? he's a bit young but a fine player.... Titch was there as well watching with the father. Joe Fitzy was there watching his club goalie - James Reilly (Drung), Fitzy is over there helping out as far as I know!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 25, 2008, 09:28:35 AM
I see the Cuchulianns play middletown in the atheltic grounds next Thursday night under the lights

I heard Last night they were thinking about this, but for this Tuesday. Were did you get this info El C.

I can't see them letting a hurling game be the 1st under lights. If so it should be a free gate and a good look for the public.

This game would be a play off to represent Armagh in the Ulster Intermediate as Keady are reigning Ulster Champions and move up into Ulster senior; I suppose you could call it the Armagh Intermediate Final, as the lower grade is called Junior, but I think play-off sounds more appropriate

Candyman

The Spirit of '98... (Correct me if I'M wrong)

10yrs ago Harps played Crossmaglen up in Whitecross in the semi-final of the U-21 championship, with Harps winning the game!!
In the other semi-final Pearse Og played Killeavy and Killeavy won that game....

FATE???  ;D

bennydorano

Doesn't ring a bell,  dont think it was U21 or minor, possibly a younger age group?

umgolaarmagh

We had the convent formal the night before that game and were only beat by a point,

:D ;D ;D

Candyman

dont shoot the messenger....
The lads playing said it was an u-21, some of them were still minor though???

Think it was actually '97 and XMG had won it from 93-96!!!

corn02

Be very interesting to compare the teams from then and now to see of the four clubs who still plays.

brokencrossbar1

I'll hunt out the Cross teams.  For information only from 1991-98 Cross won 6 of eight.

Candyman

Big Shane Nugent & Philly McKinney in midfield for Ná Claírsígh that day.... what a combination!!! ;D

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 03:37:57 PM
He's a different McNamee but is still a fine player.

The Saddler has been involved in a few clubs in the Cavan/Monaghan area since he hung the boots.  Has he stayed in "good" shape, I haven't seen him in a while?

The Saddler is in fine shape alright!!! He seems happy enough over in Drung, he was with Latton before that.