Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Hank Everlast

just read there that cross beat ulster by 16 points, i know they may not have had a very strong team out but still... holy fcuk!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Hank Everlast on September 25, 2008, 09:59:34 AM
just read there that cross beat ulster by 16 points, i know they may not have had a very strong team out but still... holy fcuk!

They still missing McKenna then?  :P

Ulster, I would say would have a very strong line up, even after club championship ommisions, Tyrone contingent & International Rules contingent.

billy the kid

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 25, 2008, 10:03:23 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on September 25, 2008, 09:59:34 AM

They still missing McKenna then?  :P

Ulster, I would say would have a very strong line up, even after club championship ommisions, Tyrone contingent & International Rules contingent.

If S Kernan was on the Ulster panel as suggested earlier, then its not to strong. He is a good enough club player, possibly a bit part county man, but no where near the standard for Ulster.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Onion Bag

Anyone at the match? Teams & scorers etc?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thebandit

I was at it, they didn't win by 16, not sure but I think it was 7/8.

Cross lined out Hearty; Ryan Carragher, Francie, Fiddler Finnegan; Aaron, Paul McKeown, Paul Kernan; Johnny Hanratty, Tony Mac; S Kernan, John Mac, Jamie Clarke; Mickey Mac, Cathal Short, Fish Aherne. Subs Used: John Murtagh, Micheal Traynor, Rico Kelly, James Hughes.

Not positively sure of the Ulster team, but Ronan Gallagher started in goals, with James Reilly playing the 2nd half. Shane Goan (I think) at Corner Back, Kevin McCloy was at FB, Gerard O'Kane and Aidan Carr were the wing backs, Kevin Cassidy and Marty McGrath were in MF, Dick Clerkin and Mark Little were Wing Forwards and Tommy Freeman was in the corner.

Good lively game, young Jamie Clarke played well for Cross, Paul McKeown was good at CHB, John Hanratty and John Mac were strong in the middle. They are some outfit.

brokencrossbar1

bandit is Franie Mac not making the starting 15?  There would be a few to add to that Cross team.

Hank Everlast

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 25, 2008, 12:24:06 PM
bandit is Franie Mac not making the starting 15?  There would be a few to add to that Cross team.

was he not flat out with all this stuff goin on with the U.S economy... :P ;D

corn02

Jamie Clarke is an excellent player and is certainly going to be one for the future. Did not know James Hughes was back playing, used to be a class act but he went off the radar completely - don't see that in Cross much. Personally I would have Carragher and Fiddler pushing Paul Kernan for a starting place. with Aaron, Skinny and JD in the half-back line. Is Skinny still injured?

brokencrossbar1

Skinny is not likely to play ball this year.  I agree about Fiddler and Ryan.  They are fine players.  Jamie is a great player and hopefully doesn't follow his brothers example!  James never was off the scene.  The competition is so tough he simply wasn't getting on.

corn02

Yes I Would

That would be Cormac aka Willy.

Talent to burn, but a sucker for fast cars, drink, fags and bad wemen!

thebandit

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 25, 2008, 01:11:49 PM

Willy is some boy alright! He had great talent when he was younger the hoor

Who is that?

Oisin, JD and Skinny would be a miss to any team. I forgot, Kyle Carragher came on as well.

T O Hare

i remember when we (mayobridge) used to play crossat 7 a side tournaments through the youth clubs in the SELB area.. we always manged to play cross in the final, Willie was there best player by a mile, way ahead of SK at 14/15/16... we had to put Benny on hime to stop him... we always came out on top of course :L :L
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thebandit on September 25, 2008, 01:16:15 PM

Willy is some boy alright! He had great talent when he was younger the hoor

Who is that?

Oisin, JD and Skinny would be a miss to any team. I forgot, Kyle Carragher came on as well.

Frannie MacNamee, (who is not the love child of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac :D)?  Damn fine player but is young and a big inexperienced yet.  You also forgot about Titch, is he not a big miss to a team?