Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

INTERMEDIATE
Saturday 20 September
Intermediate Football Championship Quarter-Final Replay (4.00)
Culloville v Wolfe Tone at Ballyhegan
Extra time, if required

Saturday 27 September
Intermediate Football Championship Semi-Final (4.00)
St Patrick's v Sarsfields at Pearse Og Park

Saturday 4 October
Intermediate Football Championship Semi-Final (4.00)
Silverbridge v Culloville/Wolfe Tones at Cullyhanna or Pearse Og Park

illdecide

Lads we don't need a new thread started we just need 1 guy to f**king wise up and if he can't wise up he should f**k off somewhere else and stop annoying people. We all know who this moan is who never has anything positive or constructive to say...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The GAA

Goats Do Shave

Has anyone got access to the most up to date tables available, please & Thankyou?

full back

ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES AT SUNDAY 14th September 2008

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 17 15 2 0 32
Pearse Og 18 10 4 4 24
St Patrick's 18 9 1 8 19
Culloville 17 8 1 8 17
Killeavey 17 8 1 8 17
Mullaghbawn 18 7 2 9 16
Clan na Gael 17 6 3 8 15
Dromintee 18 7 1 10 15
Harps 17 4 3 10 11
Maghery 17 3 2 12 8

ACL - Division Two
TEAM P W D L Pts
Sarsfields 20 15 1 4 31
Carrickcruppen 21 14 1 6 29
Tir na nÓg 19 13 0 6 26
St Michael's 21 10 1 10 21
Granemore 19 10 0 9 20
Clann Eireann 19 9 1 9 19
Silverbridge 19 9 1 9 19
Ballymacnab 20 8 1 11 17
Wolfe Tone 18 8 0 10 16
Whitecross 19 8 0 11 16
Keady 15 4 1 10 9
An Port Mor 20 3 1 16 7

ACL - Division Three
TEAM P W D L Pts
Madden 18 14 3 1 31
Collegeland 20 12 2 6 26
St Paul's 19 12 1 6 25
Ballyhegan 18 12 0 6 24
Belleek 20 10 3 7 23
Annaghmore 20 10 0 10 20
St Peter's 19 8 3 8 19
Lissummon 21 7 3 11 17
Clonmore 19 5 3 11 13
Tullysaran 19 5 3 11 13
Crossmaglen II 17 3 3 11 9
Grange 20 4 2 14 10

ACL - Division Four
TEAM P W D L Pts
Shane O'Neill's 17 16 1 0 33
Middletown 17 12 3 2 27
Eire Og 18 12 1 5 25
Derrynoose 16 11 0 5 22
Forkhill 18 10 1 7 21
Clady 16 7 2 7 16
O'Hanlon's 17 7 0 10 14
Corrinshego 16 4 2 10 10
Mullaghbrack 17 4 2 11 10
Dorsey Emmett's 19 4 0 15 8
Phelim Brady's 19 2 0 17 4

Good chance of going up goats

Goats Do Shave

That was quick! Cheers!

Yeah, they've been playing very well this last few months, after a slow start. Not sure going up will do many favours for us though.

BenDover

Anyone got the hurling league table for the Armagh league?

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ogshead

Quote from: back off the net on September 15, 2008, 10:14:53 PM
killeavy will beat the ogs and cross will stuff the harps to leave a killeavy and cross final and i think it could be close with cross winning by a few points.CLANS ARE SHIT lol lol lol.the best footballers come from south armagh and it is hurting all the city folk.we would have no county team with out south armagh

First post, just like to point out that I could that there's at least 7 non south Armagh players on the county panel... of the those who remain 5 are from Cross!! May not be fully correct depending on the starting team.. so I wouldn't say it's that South Armagh are producing the best players I would say it's Crossmaglen who are producing the best players. Other teams in South Armagh are happy to let Crossmaglen make them look good (with the exception of Dromintee who have tried their hardest to win a county title) and I think that's pretty sad. I can remember the early nineties when Ulster teams were winning All irelands and I was proud of them but it wasn't the same because I wanted us to win one

In '95 Ogs won an u16 county championship against Laochra O'Neills and I can remember a silly argument after the game when one of their players said 'but yeah, south armagh teams have won the last 4'. Despite the fact that they had been beat!! It still happens today and I think south Armagh teams (Cross, Dromintee and mullabawn excluded) need to get their heads out of their ass and realise their own clubs are doin f*** all

I take the person who posted the above comment is from Killeavy and is probably just lookingf to wind people up before the game and I accept that but to say city folk are hurting when Pearse Og alone have far more county players is ridiculous. Crossmaglen are hurting city folk... not South Armagh!! :P

pintsofguinness

QuoteI think south Armagh teams (Cross, Dromintee and mullabawn excluded) need to get their heads out of their ass and realise their own clubs are doin f*** all
You were doing well until you made that statement.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yes I Would

Quote from: ogshead on September 17, 2008, 09:28:46 PM
Quote from: back off the net on September 15, 2008, 10:14:53 PM
killeavy will beat the ogs and cross will stuff the harps to leave a killeavy and cross final and i think it could be close with cross winning by a few points.CLANS ARE SHIT lol lol lol.the best footballers come from south armagh and it is hurting all the city folk.we would have no county team with out south armagh

First post, just like to point out that I could that there's at least 7 non south Armagh players on the county panel... of the those who remain 5 are from Cross!! May not be fully correct depending on the starting team.. so I wouldn't say it's that South Armagh are producing the best players I would say it's Crossmaglen who are producing the best players. Other teams in South Armagh are happy to let Crossmaglen make them look good (with the exception of Dromintee who have tried their hardest to win a county title) and I think that's pretty sad. I can remember the early nineties when Ulster teams were winning All irelands and I was proud of them but it wasn't the same because I wanted us to win one

In '95 Ogs won an u16 county championship against Laochra O'Neills and I can remember a silly argument after the game when one of their players said 'but yeah, south armagh teams have won the last 4'. Despite the fact that they had been beat!! It still happens today and I think south Armagh teams (Cross, Dromintee and mullabawn excluded) need to get their heads out of their ass and realise their own clubs are doin f*** all

I take the person who posted the above comment is from Killeavy and is probably just lookingf to wind people up before the game and I accept that but to say city folk are hurting when Pearse Og alone have far more county players is ridiculous. Crossmaglen are hurting city folk... not South Armagh!! :P

And hopefully last.

winsamsoon

I would say og's head has raised some valid points in that post. He has put a sligtly different slant on the north, south and mid debate. Once again pints you have just made a totally vague post without telling the lad what you find wrong with the quote you have selected. Would it not be better to say what you think it wrong with the statement rather than just poke fun at it. It makes it easier to debate if one has an opinion.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The GAA

Ogs head is referring exclusively to senior football. Pints, as with most bridge men, consider senior football to be only one small part of the criteria to judge the strength of their club on.

corn02

Yes I Would

Any North, Mid South debate is nonsense.

To suggest S. Armagh clubs or any club throughout the county gives them an easy ride dosent make sense. What more can Lissummon, Belleeks, St. Pats etc. do?? What do you mean by suggesting they are doinf fcuk all compared to any other club in the county??
You are talking about competeing against possibly the most succesful club side in history.

The only answer is for teams where possible to compete and obtain success on a consistent basis. Not all clubs can do this ue to small populations, however in my opinion this is the only solution.

Armagh is no different to any other county in that realistiaclly there are only 3 or 4 serious challengers for senior honours each season.
The difference is that Cross have such an abundance of talent at present that this is going to be difficult to achieve.