Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

I know it made no difference at all on Sunday, but heard at the game from a Lurgan man there was a bit of trouble in the ranks in Clans last week.
Any truth?
Who retired?

illdecide

Quote from: full back on September 16, 2008, 10:06:23 AM
I know it made no difference at all on Sunday, but heard at the game from a Lurgan man there was a bit of trouble in the ranks in Clans last week.
Any truth?
Who retired?

It was going around the ground that there were 12 guys left the panel the night b4 the game. 2 guys quit, 1 because he felt he should have started and was disapointed but we are better of without players like that and the other guy wouldn't get a game with our B team...dunno where the other 10 came from
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

I was in the middle of typing a response which backed up what illdecide says when the littlest BC decide to turn the machine off(typical annoying frigger :P).  I think perhaps people, and that includes me, are being too hard on the Clans.  The simple fact is that Cross are capable of doing that to teams.  We maybe haven't done it as much as we could have but it has always been there.  I don't know if it is a true reflection in the gulf between the teams, but the Championship is the gauge and unfortunately for the Clans they ave been made out to be  poor team.

This is only the second competitive game that Cross have had all year with their full squad available(and it is still not full with a few to come back from injury).  Hopefully as the county palyers continue to gel in with the rest of the squad the momentum will pick up and they can play like this again against the Harps.

Illdecide, I hope the retirees are treated with the respect that anyone who has put effort in deserves and that the ship doesn't sink altogether.

winsamsoon

Full back you should know better than to ask such questions. What happens in ones club, especially sensitive issues must stay in the club. I think all clubs should be this way. I don't mean that in a cheeky way either.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 16, 2008, 10:34:41 AM
Full back you should know better than to ask such questions. What happens in ones club, especially sensitive issues must stay in the club. I think all clubs should be this way. I don't mean that in a cheeky way either.

Would you ever fcuk away off
A lurgan man mentioned it to me on Sunday (not from Clans) & I decided to wait to ask illdecide. I wouldnt even mention it to you ye clampet.
Ye done a good job of keeping it in the club BTW :D

illdecide

Look lads it's no big secret everyone knows who the old guys on the team are so who else would you expect to retire not a lad at 25. I hope as BC says the guys who have stepped down get the respect they deserve (although i doubt it)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

The SFC will probably decrease in numbers in the coming years, the likes of Clann Eireann & Newtown have no mission in the SFC.  Hope it doesn't go the way of the Ladies SFC that currently has Clann Eireann & Cross as it's sole competitors - but has a very competitive Intermediate championship.

bubbles

i take it there's noone on this board that thinks cross are not going to win the championship? personally i think that if the ogs can get over killeavy there in with a hell of a chance. out of the teams left in it the ogs would be the only team capable of beating them on their day.

winsamsoon

To be honest i don't think the lads that are leaving will give a shite about whether or not they are respected a long as they know themselves that they served their club with dignity and put in a lot of effort over the years then that would be enough for me.

Full back you are a complete village idiot, each time someone posts a reply to you, a response arrives telling people to f-cuk off. What is that all about. very mature and adult like i must say. You then have the guts to criticise GAApunter when he does such things.

full back

bennydorano

Quote from: bubbles on September 16, 2008, 02:03:04 PM
i take it there's noone on this board that thinks cross are not going to win the championship? personally i think that if the ogs can get over killeavy there in with a hell of a chance. out of the teams left in it the ogs would be the only team capable of beating them on their day.

I've been saying for a while they are a MF short of beating Cross, but their MF is so abysmal I dont think they'd have a chance against Cross.  Because it's so bad they have to move Gregory Loughran there (and Ronan Clarke for a while against Granemore) thereby diminishing their forward line further, and bar those two and Shorty Clarke it's an ordinary enough forward line.  After watching them v Granemore I think Killeavey will take them (at a tasty price I'd imagine as well).

bubbles

granted the ogs midfield was abysmal and has always been the weak link. rumour has it andy mallon is back for the killeavy game which would be a huge boost for them and will tighten up an already quality defensive unit that will not give a huge amount of scores away. this could free up young duffy to go to the forward line and from what i have seen of him he is a good player. the ogs still won that game against granemore even with limited possession in the middle. from what i have seen this year and i may stand corrected but the killeavy midfield pairing isnt that hot either. neither is cross's for that matter. i would say out of the teams left the harps would have the strongest midfield but their forward line isnt up to much and will not trouble the cross defence

bennydorano

Yer man Anto? Duffy is a great wee player & prospect, but very young.  I cant recall what Killeavey's MF is like (I think Stevie played there v Clann Eireann, but couldn't see it v Ogs), but they are the form team at the minute and with McDonnell and Stanfield  they could do serious damage; I'd say Stevie will play CHF and be on JP, if JP manages to stay on the field he'll have his hands full.

winsamsoon

The og's against killevay wil be a tight enough game but i would fancy the og's to just come hrough by a point or two. Killeavy will be difficult enough though because they are physically strong and hard hitting so the og's will find it difficult to win the breaks around the middle.

Cross i think will win by about 4 or 5. The harps wil stays with them for about the first 45 and then the cross wil get the customary goal and kill the game off. The Harps will possibly dominate the middle but the cross will be more productive with the ball that they get. The Cross will simply crowd the middle out and turn it to their advantage. The thing about cross is that they always have three or four players in support. I was looking at our lads on sunday and when they got the ball they were isolated and the cross just crowded them out like little boys. In contrast to that Cross were moving forward in twos and threes and always had an easy option. This will be tough to beat, but they are not unbeatable.

corn02

Quote from: illdecide on September 16, 2008, 10:04:04 AM
Right lads i wasn't hiding just was off yesterday so here goes. (f**k where do i start) I'm sure a good lot of you guys were at the match so you don't need me to tell you how crop we were and how good Cross were, we really believed we had a chance against Cross the training 2 weeks prior to the game was something else the lads were flying and the hitting and intensity was first class and when you have that level of training and players like Bumpy and Marsden you have to believe you have a chance.

It all went wrong when the ref threw the ball in...lol you know what i mean, seriously though that was the best I've seen Cross play in 10 years and you could say we were hopeless but thats the way Cross made us. We came out second best all over the field from 1 -15 and can't have any complaints, Cross's performance really impressed me and i didn't think they were still capable of that but f**king God help the rest of us if they play like that every time in the championship. I really believe if we had played our best on sunday we would still have lost by a good few points so thats it.

On another front we (and I'm sure there are quite a few guys here gloating) have had a number of retirements after the game and we just hope that in 2-3 years that some of the younger lads can step up to the plate and deliever where some of the older guys left off (not talking about Sundays game there). I certainly won't be responding to some comments about the clans here as i haven't the time for that crop and there is only one hoor on this board gets up my nose and he is one w**ker of a man (well i think he's a man, i believe he has man boobs) I think you all know who I'm talking about. So if he could take a box of "f**k off tablets" then I'd be happier...

Wouldn't take any pleasure in retirements or glaot. My anti-Win comments were in response to his antcis the last few weeks were I felt he has been a bit "giddy". It was a one off for Clans but they are a rich club in tradition and will push on and get back on their feet. The main thing is too keep Mardesn, O'Hagan, Oldham involved in the club one way or another.

Killeavy are very confident at the minute and I have seen them play about six times this year and they have got better each time. Superb half-back in Reel. Good midfielder in Stanfield (pity he is a mouth piece). O'Hare in the forward line is another mouth but a great player on his day and Toner is a great target man. nyone thining the Ogs will walk this are in for a shock. - They also have Stevie of course.