Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurgan-gael

Quote from: nashville on September 14, 2008, 09:00:39 PM
Quote from: Real1995 on September 14, 2008, 08:04:45 PM
Quote from: nashville on September 14, 2008, 05:16:56 PM
The fact that Gary Quinn kneed Gareth Swift in the head when he was on the ground probably did not help the row starting, Swift is still is hospital being treated for serious concussion.

Gary Quinn  ???

Corn it was McKee for harps and eamon quinn lined...

jesus cant believe the clans cross result wasn at it but surely clans could hav put of a better show..in my recollection i can never can remember such a wide margin in a senior championship game...

Sorry that was my mistake, thought his name was Gary.

O and by the way, I wouldn't expect to hear from Gaapunter for a while. Unless of course now that Clans were hammered he comes out and reveals he is a Killeavey man.

To all the other Clans posters, yes you have gave the Harps a shocking hard time over getting relegated etc, but there is no point in me gloating about Clans getting stuffed, they were stuffed by the best club team in Ireland. Cross have the potential to do that to any team, it just happened to be Clans today. Hopefully Harps can keep it closer and possibly sneak a win if they stay with Cross for 50mins, but realistically Cross have their eyes set on an Ulster club at the very least, All-Ireland club is their real glory.

Although relatively new to this board I haven't been the kindest to the Harps though you can guarantee every Clansman will be hoping for an upset from yourselves in the semi's. After that pasting it would be great if Cross went trophyless (some chance)  :-[

winsamsoon

. I can't argue on this occassion lads. Men against boys. Cathal Short ripped us apart. Another year in the duldrums.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

rootthemout

winsam i dont want to rub salt in it but if bumpy and diarmud and macaughey go i think yous could be in for a few years in it.

pintsofguinness

So who do yous think is the second best team in armagh now?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sean og

maybe after 2nites result clans will enter the
intermediate next year to compete with the
tones etc.

winsamsoon

It is totally hiarious the lads that come on here when teams are down to give them a further kicking. But when we are having a conversation about trophies and honours the same lads are very very quiet.

The clans were trounced this evening, and yes rootthemout i agree with you these lads leaving will set the club back a lot. But it will hopefully bring with it a new fresh approach and a more youthful set up. Now this may take a few years to build again but if this is what it takes we must try it.

Pints as an answer to question though i do question myself as to why i am even bothering. The second best team in Armagh this year will be the team that are runners up in the county final. I thought this was pretty obvious.

Oh and Sean Og we wil not be entering any intermediate championship for the foreseable future. You see you are thatcarried away with jealousy that you don't even realise the damage that result will be on North Armagh football. The clans are the best team in Nort Armagh and the cross beat them by 20. What does that say for the rest of the shite that is about?? So i wouldn't be trying to parade on a high horse if i were you.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DrinknHarp

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2008, 09:34:20 PM
So who do yous think is the second best team in armagh now?

Second best would be 1st place losers, nothing to happy about.

nashville

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 15, 2008, 12:52:51 AM

Pints as an answer to question though i do question myself as to why i am even bothering. The second best team in Armagh this year will be the team that are runners up in the county final. I thought this was pretty obvious.

I am by no means here to kick youse when you are down Winsam, as i said any team could have been hammered today the way Cross played, just unlucky for Clans it was their day.

Although I wouldn't agree that the team beat in the county final are the 2nd best team in Armagh, simply the team that have avoided Cross the longest in the championship!! If Harps had drawn Killeavey or Ogs and beat them to get to the final, I wouldn't have thought Harps to be the 2nd best team, to suggest that after being relegated would be ridiculous. In all reality i think the 2nd best team is a fruitless argument. Some would consider the Ogs to be but in last years championship thet beat Div 2 Ballymacnab and squeezed past a now relegated to Div 2 Maghery to reach the county final, hardly 2nd best team criteria. Although as an all-round team and number of county players it would be fair to suggest Ogs are 2nd best. Not really an appropriate gauge to something rightly termed as "1st loser".

AFS

The Cross Clans result is an extremely damaging one for Armagh football. Its not their fault, but this continued dominance by Cross is beginning to have a serious effect on other clubs in the county.

We have clubs like Cullyhanna and Culloville, who are both well fit for the senior championship, playing intermediate football because they want to play in a competition that they've actually got a chance of winning. Their respective performances against Cross in the last few weeks have shown that Dromintee and Clans, two of the top three challengers to Cross in the county over the last decade, are in real decline and show no signs of being able to challenge Cross for the foreseeable future. Only Ogs can stop them now but I'd say everyone, even Ogs themselves would admit that this is unlikely.

Its really disappointing to see Clans with their history reduced to their current state. Considering this history and the club's size Clans should be, as they have done throughout the years, producing 3 or 4 players for the county team and be well fit to give Cross a lash. What affect is that scoreline going to have on younger players about their club? The more pragmatic ones might keep at it, realising that Cross are an exceptional team and that their dominance will end at some point, but its much more likely that a lot of young fellas will look at it, and the disappointment and frustration that it'll have no doubt caused about their club, and think 'why the f**k would I want to be part of that'.

Armagh football desperately needs a serious challenger to break Cross' frustrating and demoralising monopoly. Hopefully it'll emerge in the next 3 or 4 years from a reborn Clans or an Ogs team that pushes onto the next level or even from a club that comes from out of the blue, but I'll not be holding my breath.

armaghniac

Well its a bit like the inter county scene. There is no point in wailing about the dominance of Kerry or Kilkenny, you just have to work at it and develop a team that can beat them. You can't blame Cross for continuing to play well on their 4th manager. Cross played better as a team today than they did against Dromintee, Clans didn't work together in the same way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

full back

winsam - a superb motivational coach......... :D
BTW that isnt intended as a dig to the decent posters here, just the ones that bum & blow or talk sh1te

Cross were exceptional last night.
Short's first goal was a perfect example of how Cross punish the slightest mistake. Clans lost the ball on the 40, Oisin & Mc Entee exchanged passes to set up a tap in for Short, totally tearing the Clans defence apart.
Oisin was taken off at half time & Murtagh & Aherne were introduced at different stages in the 2nd half to show just how strong Cross are.
Clans hadnt really any performers. Lavery & a young lad called Henderson (I think) tried hard, after that it was difficult to pick anyone else

brokencrossbar1

When are the semis due to be played?  Who was it was sent off for the Harps yesterday?

full back

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 15, 2008, 08:54:09 AM
When are the semis due to be played? 

Heard they were on in a fortnight bc, but nothing confirmed yet

mackers

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2008, 08:04:23 PM
Quote from: mackers on September 14, 2008, 07:55:44 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2008, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: back off the net on September 14, 2008, 04:52:44 PM
why would yous want ciaran to hand them out when every one from the bridge does not like him.do yous have no county men your selfs lol.....???

Never in my life have I heard of a county player (or any player) refusing to give medals to children from a particular club. 
I sincerely hope that it makes Ciaran feel like a big man because if that's what he needs to feel tough then I'm very sad for him. 
Pints, don't know where you are getting your information from but that is a LIE!! It was an u-8 blitz and Ciaran and Fr Cullen took turns in givin out the medals to each of the nine teams that were there as asked by those who organised it. The teams were called in no particular order and just happened that the Bridge were given theirs by Fr Cullen. FACT! Your hatred of all things Cullyhanna knows no bounds. GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Of course. 

Thought you werent a cullyhanna man btw?  ::)
Is that the best response you can come up with when you're caught spreading LIES on an internet site? Who I am or where I'm from is immaterial.......you are lying and an apology or a retraction of the statement is in order.........and you're right I don't need anybody to hold my hand.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

Quote from: full back on September 15, 2008, 09:21:54 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 15, 2008, 08:54:09 AM
When are the semis due to be played? 

Heard they were on in a fortnight bc, but nothing confirmed yet

I think they are due to be played on 5th Oct as Sept 28th has the JFC semis in the Athletic Grounds.  I'd assume a double header the following week if the ground can take it.

Harps player sent of was Conall(Jungle) MCKee.