Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

Harps 0-11 Mullaghbawn 1-6

First and foremost congratulations to Harps.  It was a very poor game with a strong breeze blowing.  The same old problem was evident today as once again we were lacking in the forward depatment-missing three 14 yard frees in the first half....a massive free for all at the end prob was the most entertaining feature for the neutral present.....the scuffle started beside the harps bench and it was not helped when the whole harps bench came on to the field and hence the free for all started resultin in 2 red cards one for each team....but anyway best of luck to harps in the rest of the championship..thought G Swift was outstanding today
Nice guys always finish second!

umgolaarmagh

well done to the harps,

would like to see and ogs v harps semi, in the athletic grounds would be a great match and occasion to open the field properly

corn02

Entertainint but poor quality game in Cullyhanna.

Wind didn't help and Mullaghbawn kicked some awful wides in the first half. Their defence did well, especially Bennett and Smyth. Kelly and Swift were the best fopr the Harps.
Think it was 4-2 at half time.

The second half wasd tight throughout but Harps were in control. Mullaghabwn got a goal out of nothing (Kelly?) to get it back to one and when they kicked over the next to draw there looked like only one winner. Harps fought back though and just about deserved to go through.
Vernon was missing in the second half and I was in a bad position in the first so I don't know if he missed the whole match or came off injured.

The row was quite a punch-up. Both benches involved and plenty of thumps. Who was sent off Real, didn;t even see that.

pintsofguinness

The Bridge beat keady in the IFC by double scores.

Would someone from Cullyhanna like to explain why Ciaran McKeever refused to present children from the 'bridge with medals for winning the u10 blitz?  Why Fr Cullen had to do it and why McKeever could then proceed to present the rest of the medals to other teams?  Why members of your club and McKeever's family are trying to put it around that the children refused to accept the medals from him, surely yous can come up with a better excuse for his bizare and cuntish behaviour than that?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

back off the net

why would yous want ciaran to hand them out when every one from the bridge does not like him.do yous have no county men your selfs lol.....???

pintsofguinness

Quote from: back off the net on September 14, 2008, 04:52:44 PM
why would yous want ciaran to hand them out when every one from the bridge does not like him.do yous have no county men your selfs lol.....???

Never in my life have I heard of a county player (or any player) refusing to give medals to children from a particular club. 
I sincerely hope that it makes Ciaran feel like a big man because if that's what he needs to feel tough then I'm very sad for him. 

nashville

Quote from: Real1995 on September 14, 2008, 03:56:41 PM
Harps 0-11 Mullaghbawn 1-6

First and foremost congratulations to Harps.  It was a very poor game with a strong breeze blowing.  The same old problem was evident today as once again we were lacking in the forward depatment-missing three 14 yard frees in the first half....a massive free for all at the end prob was the most entertaining feature for the neutral present.....the scuffle started beside the harps bench and it was not helped when the whole harps bench came on to the field and hence the free for all started resultin in 2 red cards one for each team....but anyway best of luck to harps in the rest of the championship..thought G Swift was outstanding today

The fact that Gary Quinn kneed Gareth Swift in the head when he was on the ground probably did not help the row starting, Swift is still is hospital being treated for serious concussion.

Great win for Harps today, must be honest when Bawn scored 1-02 without reply to go in front i thought that was it for the harps, but a great performance from midfield and half back line really took the game to Bawn going up the hill into the wind. All told, the difference between the two sides was some of the shockihg misses from frees Mullaghbawn had in the first half whereas Harps were able to convert their chances.

When is the Semi-final draw?

bennydorano

A great win for Harps who showed plenty of balls in the second half to come from behind late on.  The win was all the sweeter as we had to do it without Vernon who sustained an injury in training on Friday night and was unable to feature.

Harps played with a strong wind at their backs in the first half and lead 0-6 to 0-2 at HT, Mullaghbawn missed a shocking amount of chances in the half and could have been going in at HT in front.  With the big wind our lead looked precarious to say the least, but the expected Mullaghbawn onslaught in the 2nd half didnt really materialise, we played better into the wind (as did the 'bawn). I thought we looked like like we were capable of holding on to our lead, but Mullaghbawn's goal changed that very quickly, a point or two for M'bawn put them ahead and I thought we were goners at that stage, but we dug deep Philly Mckinney hit a great piont from play to rally the troops and we finished the stronger, with the game level near the end Kevin Kelly won a ball he'd no right to win and Joe Quigely popped over a pressure free to put us one in front, Kelly made sure with another free late on.  

A great team performance, great to see the spirit shown in the second half.  Nippy played excellently, as did Kevin Kelly but my MOTM would have to be Marty McCoy who played CHB in Vernon's absence and had a mighty second half.   Harps scorers Kevin Kelly 0-7 (6fs), Joe Quigley 0-2, P MCKinney (0-1), S Morrison (0-1).  Nice to be sitting in a semi with players of the quality of Vernon and Collie Holmes to come in.

john mcgill

I thought that it was a poor first half, it took Mullaghbawn 22 minutes to score their first point.  The second half was a lot livelier.  I thought that the Harps management made the right calls and this won the game for them.

rootthemout

good spirited display today from the harps,mullaghbawn missed some handy frees in 1st half that could have put us away,were when we got frees in second hlf kevin and joe converted,scores win games.with holmes and vernon to come back in for us it should really lift the team and as umgola says a local derby in the semis wouldnt be a bad draw for either team

ardmhachaabu08

cross up by 12 points against clans

2-07 to 0-01
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

bennydorano

Quote from: john mcgill on September 14, 2008, 05:34:55 PM
I thought that it was a poor first half, it took Mullaghbawn 22 minutes to score their first point.  The second half was a lot livelier.  I thought that the Harps management made the right calls and this won the game for them.
Yes, fair play to the management, they've been getting in the neck all year.

pintsofguinness

rootthemout