Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Whats the weather forecast for the weekend??? it could have a bearing on a few results. I hear we needin even turn up for Sunday as Cross are already looking to see who they play in the Ulster championship. We could let on there was a tornado in Lurgan and we couldn't make it ;) :D :D

Although with the state of Lurgan you would think a Tornado had hit it (got that in b4 someone else did ;D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

Quote from: nashville on September 09, 2008, 10:34:58 PM
Quote from: gander on September 09, 2008, 04:50:32 PM
QuoteOh and the stag weekend before a senior championship game, clearly signals the intent of the Granemore players. Lump on the og's if you can get them -5

Think the Stag do referred too was a month or two ago.  The final straw came last week when the Granemore PRO gave some very harsh critisim after the Whitecross match (whcih they won!!)

The stag do was the weekend just passed. 10 were meant to go, 3 stayed, the other 7 decided to stick together and go. I sympathise with them, this was planned well in advance (last year), football still going in September just shows how much football takes up a club players life.

Where you one of the 7 nash, shame on you
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

QuoteWhats the weather forecast for the weekend??? it could have a bearing on a few results. I hear we needin even turn up for Sunday as Cross are already looking to see who they play in the Ulster championship. We could let on there was a tornado in Lurgan and we couldn't make it

from met.ie

Sunday will be mainly dry, with bright or sunny spells. Cool, with light northwesterly or variable winds.

But the guy on RTE after the news just said that Sunday's forecast was "very uncertain".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

I tell you what lads i know for certain that Clans and the Cross is the dream draw for the blues. Some teams might want to stay away from the Cross but the clans have been looking at dig at them this years in the earlier rounds. I am telling you lot this game will be closer than many on here think. The buzz is back in the ranks and the lads can't wait for the ball to go in. Should be a great game.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Good weather or bad weather it will be a tough game!  I said it earlier in the thread, Clans are a team that can beat Cross and their dander will be up.  Cross have a few injuries and will find it tough to keep it up.  This could be the one where they are caught, although I would think they would hate to give the Champagne Swillers any bragging rights :P

bubbles

This is clans chance. it is well documented that the best time to get cross is the early rounds. Should be a good game although i still think cross will win as clans to be honest have not been overly impressive this season.

I take killeavy, harps, cross and ogs for the semis. mightn't pan out like though as a few teams have nothing to lose. Granemore being one of them

winsamsoon

Granted bubbles they haven't been playing well and  BC the clans have had their own fair share of injuries. Despite this the whole season (long as it has been) boils down to this one game and when this is the case anything can happen.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 11, 2008, 08:53:56 AM
Good weather or bad weather it will be a tough game!  I said it earlier in the thread, Clans are a team that can beat Cross and their dander will be up.  Cross have a few injuries and will find it tough to keep it up.  This could be the one where they are caught, although I would think they would hate to give the Champagne Swillers any bragging rights :P

Well lets hope you're right BC ;) I really believe we have a very good chance and everyone seems up for it (but i suppose they seemed up for it in previous years and didn't deliver). At the same time Cross love to play the clans and easily lift their game also. I know people slabber and make things up but i was told one of the cross guys was asked who do they see as a problem in the championship and they are supposed to have said "aye there are a few Derry teams that we would be wary off" Maybe a we bit of complacency creeping in there... 8) 8)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

illdecide, I was in contact with one of the lads this morning and they are definitely only looking as far as Sunday.  The same BS always comes up around championship time.  The Clans are on team that Cross do not take lightly.  They have their eyes firmly focused on winning Armagh this year and nothing else, and the Clans are the next step to get over.

Donagh

Looks like I can make this match after all. Is it still fixed for 'cruppen. Time? Latest odds on a Clans win?  :P

gaapunter

Quote from: Donagh on September 11, 2008, 10:27:51 AM
Looks like I can make this match after all. Is it still fixed for 'cruppen. Time? Latest odds on a Clans win?  :P

Donagh still fixed for cruppen clans are 5/1  to win the match and you can get them + 6 points @ 1/1 - lump on

bennydorano

Good to see the confidence in the Clans ranks (although that has never been a problem with them anyway :)), and while I would love to see them win on this ocassion I just dont see it happening, although +6 at Evens seems a decent bet.

I'm more concerned that Cullyhanna minors are playing on their field at 12pm before our SFC game at 2pm.  Wellies could be required.

The GAA

lans plus 6 should be buying money. cross will win the game but cross probably don't have the ball winning capacity at midfield to hammer clans

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2008, 11:06:53 AM
Good to see the confidence in the Clans ranks (although that has never been a problem with them anyway :)), and while I would love to see them win on this ocassion I just dont see it happening, although +6 at Evens seems a decent bet.

I'm more concerned that Cullyhanna minors are playing on their field at 12pm before our SFC game at 2pm.  Wellies could be required.

Benny, Cullyhanna have put in some massive work in their club. It is not the pit it used to be and is  a credit to the club. Pitch is still not the best but a massive improvement.