Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

It would be a good thing Full back if you would tell us you you are refering to when you post things like this

Catch a f**king grip of yourself
[/quote]

I am not sure if you are getiing at me or lurgan gael lad.???
But just to clarify my position. I totally agree that no player should lift and hand towards a ref and certainly no supporters should either. What happened bubbles  (the ref )was wrong and as i'll decide says it would probably done because he was an easy target ie 5ft 2 inches
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Oh and the stag weekend before a senior championship game, clearly signals the intent of the Granemore players. Lump on the og's if you can get them -5
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Sorry for not clarifying my position ::)

I am referring to the post immediately above my post

Onion Bag

Quote from: Candyman on September 09, 2008, 03:29:24 PM
Was Terry McCarron (SP?) the head man at Granemore???

Sorry candyman, i couldnt tell ye,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

lurgan-gael

Quote from: full back on September 09, 2008, 03:33:16 PM

Referring to me then..

I don't condone attacking officials because of the result of a match or poor decision making but if a ref personally insults your wife it becomes a personal matter. If someone in the street insulted your wife what would you do? Some would walk away, others would challenge it. P Creaney ended up facing an assault charge aswell as a ban from the GAA. It would be fair to say that not everything in the sunday world is the truth

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 09, 2008, 03:36:32 PM

Yeah, Terry McCarron (harps) & Christy Furphy (portadown) were taking them.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2008, 03:56:37 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 09, 2008, 03:36:32 PM

Yeah, Terry McCarron (harps) & Christy Furphy (portadown) were taking them.

mccarrons a fermanghan man, think he played county!
Ard Mhacha Abu

gander

QuoteOh and the stag weekend before a senior championship game, clearly signals the intent of the Granemore players. Lump on the og's if you can get them -5

Think the Stag do referred too was a month or two ago.  The final straw came last week when the Granemore PRO gave some very harsh critisim after the Whitecross match (whcih they won!!)

billy the kid

Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2008, 02:50:33 PM
The 78 week ban is true enough, but it only applies to the senior team (and will no doubt be appealed), 4 individuals bans of 48 weeks issued as well.

I hear Granemore's management team was went walkies?  Not too good a week before the Championship Q/F's!

Who were the 4 individuals alledgedly?

On another separate point is Philly loughran still playing for them I know there was alot of discussion on here about him transferring to Dromintee a while back but I know that didnt happen?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

illdecide

Quote from: lurgan-gael on September 09, 2008, 03:37:44 PM
Quote from: full back on September 09, 2008, 03:33:16 PM

Referring to me then..

I don't condone attacking officials because of the result of a match or poor decision making but if a ref personally insults your wife it becomes a personal matter. If someone in the street insulted your wife what would you do? Some would walk away, others would challenge it. P Creaney ended up facing an assault charge aswell as a ban from the GAA. It would be fair to say that not everything in the sunday world is the truth

Well he should have called round to his door some night and sorted it out then when away from the GAA pitch. Many players wind up other players on the field of play like "i rid you're sister last night" or smell you're Ma" to try and get the player to hit him resulting in a sending off, you just don't take the bait saan. you then wait you're chance to take the middle out of him and when he's on the ground grasping for air you remind him that infact it was you who rid his sister last night (Roy Keane style)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

I bet you have never been told 'I rid your sister last night' ill decide - well at least not if the player in question actually seen your sister!  ;D As for you Lurgan Gael, noone would have to insult your wife - her face is insulting enough to the poor woman!! :D ;D

lurgan-gael

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 09, 2008, 05:17:30 PM
I bet you have never been told 'I rid your sister last night' ill decide - well at least not if the player in question actually seen your sister!  ;D As for you Lurgan Gael, noone would have to insult your wife - her face is insulting enough to the poor woman!! :D ;D

relax, i don't have a wife, (being hypothetical earlier) won't be thinking along those lines for another few years yet!

In all seriousness though, you expect the sly remarks from opposing players,mentors,etc, not a referee. I know referees take plenty of flak, even sometimes undeservedly...in this case though the ref seemingly slabbered at the wrong person and got a digging for his troubles.

bennydorano

Minor draw

Round 1
Saturday 13th September
Replay @ 4.00pm
Ballyhegan v Corrinshigo
Sunday 14th @ 5.30pm
Mullabawn v Madden (by agreement)

Round 2

Saturday 13th September
St.Peters v Keady @ 2.00pm
St.Brigids v St.Johns @ 4.00pm

Sunday 14th September @ noon
Clann Eireann v Maghery
St.Patricks v Ballymacnab

Saturday 20th September @ 4.00pm
Pearse Og v Armagh Harps   
M'Bawn /Madden v C/Cruppin
Granemore v Silverbridge
Crossmaglen v B'Hegan/C'Shigo

nashville

Quote from: gander on September 09, 2008, 04:50:32 PM
QuoteOh and the stag weekend before a senior championship game, clearly signals the intent of the Granemore players. Lump on the og's if you can get them -5

Think the Stag do referred too was a month or two ago.  The final straw came last week when the Granemore PRO gave some very harsh critisim after the Whitecross match (whcih they won!!)

The stag do was the weekend just passed. 10 were meant to go, 3 stayed, the other 7 decided to stick together and go. I sympathise with them, this was planned well in advance (last year), football still going in September just shows how much football takes up a club players life.

IVEDECIDED

I cant agree there lad - most teams still have games in September its a much safer bet to arrange such events in October or November. I sympathise with the lads though and those 3 should have stuck with the other 7. With regard to the argument about Bubbles getting smacked - I cant condone a ref being battered in a car park even though id love to do it sometimes! However if ever a wee bastard deserved a slap in the mouth its him. This isnt referring to his refereeing just to him as a person!  ;D