Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Is oldham still playing?

Miceal o'se dominated midfield against cross for vincents. a bit like tyrone though, cross' midfield inferiority doesn't seem to phase them.

bennydorano

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 05, 2008, 02:08:32 PM
Benny one shall see. If the clans can secure enough possession around the middle and penetrate the cross then they will take the cross to the wire. The problem they had in the county final a few years back was that they had a good bit of possession but no penetration. Any team that can cut through the Cross and not get bogged down in the hard hitting slog of a game are in with a fighting chance. The Cross are capable of absorbing pressure and then hitting teams in a 20 min blizt. St Vincents is a good example. Cross tried to sit back and absorb the pressure but it back fired because St Vincent' were able to cut through them and get the scores on the board.

I would like to see the Clans going four or five points up to see how the Cross would react to that. They haven't really been in the scenario very often in Armagh football. But all in all in makes for either and really close game or a five or six point win like the county final 06.
I will be at the game hoping that Clans win - not for any love of the Clans or dislike of Cross - it's just time for a change!  I remember being very disappointed with the Clans in the '06 final, you talk about a lack of penetration that game but I saw a team that looked like they didn't want to know.  The Ogs were the same last year - not doing themselves justice, off course Cross being excellent doesn't help.

IVEDECIDED

Mc Caugherty actually has 3 medals one from 1987! And Benny I dont agree with you that the Clans didnt want to know in the 06 final, I was dissapointed as well the way the game panned out but I the early sending off of Bumpy, although the correct decision, had more of an effect on that game than people care to acknowledge. I also dont think that the Ogs 'didnt want to know' - I believe theyre problem was that they were more concerned with not letting themselves be bossed about by Cross that they forgot about the football at times.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: armagh leg-end on August 26, 2008, 11:08:09 PM
Madden GFC Present this charity match in aid of Newry Hospice.

A number of current and former county stars will be representing each club along with some legends of Madden GFC.

This match is part of the celebrations for the 75th Anniversary of the club.

All Support Appreciated!

Bit of a reminder about the game. admission is free and a good game of football is promised!
Ard Mhacha Abu

harlechman

Quote from: armagh leg-end on September 05, 2008, 04:05:29 PM
Quote from: armagh leg-end on August 26, 2008, 11:08:09 PM
Madden GFC Present this charity match in aid of Newry Hospice.

A number of current and former county stars will be representing each club along with some legends of Madden GFC.

This match is part of the celebrations for the 75th Anniversary of the club.

All Support Appreciated!

Bit of a reminder about the game. admission is free and a good game of football is promised!

I wonder is Stephen O'Neill still planning on taking part?!

MOJO

Sarsfields advance to the next round of the Intermediate Championship after defeating Ballyhegan tonight by 2 points.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MOJO on September 06, 2008, 07:28:29 PM
Sarsfields advance to the next round of the Intermediate Championship after defeating Ballyhegan tonight by 2 points.
'bridge and keady drew.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

:o
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Our Nail Loney

Someone posted this in a thread I have on betfair about club betting:

Quotearmagh betting cross1/3 pearse ogs 9/2 harps7/1 clan na gael12/1

Dunno where they got it from though... Fella I work with says Hhughes bookies in Portadown were offering odds on the matches last weekend, will tyr to see if they have any this weekend.

Armagh Exile

Carrickcruppen won the Armagh Under-21 Final replay this evening when they beat Madden by five points.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: MOJO on September 06, 2008, 07:28:29 PM

Ballyhegan controlled the game until the last kick of the first half, when one of the Sarsfields midfield ran past & through 3 Ballyhegan challengers & hit a rasper from 20 yards under Johnny McKeever in the Davitt's nets to put the sides level at half time.

The loss of Stephen Tiffney in the Davitt's midfield also proved crucial in the second half, as Ballyhegan totally lost their midfield dominance of the first half!

Best for Ballyhegan was again Paul Courtney & Mark Hughes.

bennydorano

Any minor results or the draw for the next round? 

Harps beat Sarsfields 2-14 to 3-4

corn02

Dromintee well beaten by Ballymacnab.

bennydorano

Quote from: Armagh Exile on September 07, 2008, 08:07:22 PM
Carrickcruppen won the Armagh Under-21 Final replay this evening when they beat Madden by five points.

Great 2nd half by Cruppen but Madden will be wondering where it all went wrong, 5 points up at half time after dominating for much of the first half.  Ferris was excellent, he'll be well fit for starting for the County Seniors sooner rather than later.

illdecide

Cullyhanna beat St Pauls by 2
St Brid's beat clans by 1
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch