Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

no, Abbey Park has no turnstlies and it hosts at leasts 2 SFC games every year.. Only for county games i think
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

brokencrossbar1

The rule about turnstiles only applies to County Finals

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 02:07:52 PM

Hey BC1 i hear they are flying you home for the clans match ;) ( it would need to be a B52 bomber for you) if Mr Short is still playing away then there's hope for you yet :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Real1995

To b honest i would never have thought cullyhanna for the game...thought maybe keady or nab....2b fair though c-hanna have done  lot of work on the facilities lately thou...so maybe its in reward for that......personally i think sun games should hav been double header too
Nice guys always finish second!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2008, 02:11:08 PM

Hey BC1 i hear they are flying you home for the clans match ;) ( it would need to be a B52 bomber for you) if Mr Short is still playing away then there's hope for you yet :D :D

Fat or not I'd still give it to your lugs (again!)

lurgan-gael

would have thought that Clann Eireann were in for a shout for hosting a championship match??

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 02:23:52 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2008, 02:11:08 PM

Fat or not I'd still give it to your lugs (again!)

There you go bullying again ::). If i recall rightly the last time we crossed swords i finished it with a Jazzer to you're scone :D :D :D Fecking head never recovered from hitting that block of yours :D

I take it you fancy the Cross strongly (and why wouldn't ya) What is wrong with S Kernan that he is struggling for fitness??? And McKenna is out what about slim??? will he be fit

brokencrossbar1

David and Skinny are out.  Stephen I don't know.  I actually think given the history between the 2 teams the Clans are the main threat to Cross now that Dromintee are out.  It will have to end sometime and this could be it.

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 03:34:51 PM
David and Skinny are out.  Stephen I don't know.  I actually think given the history between the 2 teams the Clans are the main threat to Cross now that Dromintee are out.  It will have to end sometime and this could be it.

You said that last week ::) I think we have a real chance TBH but no-one outside of the club (in fact most of our own supporters think we'll be beat) gives us a chance so we have nothing to loose. In fact to beat the Cross and go back into our club and tell those c**nts to f**k off who prob would be the first to run over to pat you're back. Can't wait for the game and the old championsip buzz is def in the belly (and there is plenty of room for it)

brokencrossbar1

I know I said that last week but that was about Dromintee.  Now that they are gone I would say that you are the main threat.  Tradition is a big factor in championship.  If the ball goes your way then there is every possibility that you will win, but there will have to be many variables in place.  The ref will be very important.  The fact that it is in Cruppen is a factor as Cross have played there fairly regularly over recent years.  Player availability on both sides and how they are deployed.  Finally, how much do Cross want it?  I think if they have enough desire no one will match them.  If they can avoid complacency they will win simple as that as pound for pound they are the best team in the county.

fcuksake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 04:01:52 PM
I know I said that last week but that was about Dromintee.  Now that they are gone I would say that you are the main threat.  Tradition is a big factor in championship.  If the ball goes your way then there is every possibility that you will win, but there will have to be many variables in place.  The ref will be very important.  The fact that it is in Cruppen is a factor as Cross have played there fairly regularly over recent years.  Player availability on both sides and how they are deployed.  Finally, how much do Cross want it?  I think if they have enough desire no one will match them.  If they can avoid complacency they will win simple as that as pound for pound they are the best team in the county.

You mean the Country
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Onion Bag

Quote from: lurgan-gael on September 04, 2008, 02:33:33 PM
would have thought that Clann Eireann were in for a shout for hosting a championship match??

Wise up will ye
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

lurgan-gael

If there is one team Cross do NOT want to be eliminated by, it is Clan na Gael. Thats why I feel Clans have it all to do. You could have it in Davitt Park and have a Clans man ref it and it'd still be a mountain to climb. Thats not to say I don't think Clans are capable, but it will take a mammoth effort. Fixing the match for Cruppen is slightly advantgeous for Cross so hopefully a good crowd travel down from Lurgan as this game will generate plenty of interest in S.Armagh, no doubt in my mind who they'll all be cheering on  ::)

lurgan-gael

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 04, 2008, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: lurgan-gael on September 04, 2008, 02:33:33 PM

Wise up will ye

have a heart,considering they won't be winning anything of note in the foreseeable future!?!?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: fcuksake on September 04, 2008, 04:15:34 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 04:01:52 PM

You mean the Country

County is fine for the meantime ;)